What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other plays tomorrow at Lingfield.

12:10 I fancy the course and distance winner Glutnforpunishment to run another stormer against the favourite. Only on a mark of 70 and looks set to build on that in the next few months.

12:40 Reine De Vitesse needs to be given another chance. Put a line through the last day. Apart from that run she has a major chance. Anything above 5/2 is a bet.

Thats my win patent.

Last edited:
Emily Goldfinch 1.40L was mugged by a Godolphin improver 2 ago, but had some decent horses well adrift. Her latest is easily forgiven as she kicked too early aginst much better class than she meets here. Has the ideal draw for her forcing style and may well be accorded an easy lead.
General 25/1 is massive, imo.

Lady Adelaide 6.10K was thought up to listed class in her first season but disappointed on her return this term. Ran much better latest for a first time tongue-tie, and likely to get a more forcing ride today, now they know that it works.
11/2 generally.

Last edited:
I've got a bit of a blind spot for Ravenhill Road, but think today maybe the day he gets his head back in front. Jumps really well, will hopefully come on bundles for his reappearance and hope he has too much for I’m To Blame.

Have also doubled my bet and put up an IR lay at around evens for my stake, as he travels well and expect him to trade short at some point

I don't see a football thread in the 'other sports' section so I thought I'd post this one here.

I'm not really into short-shots unless I genuinely believe they should be much shorter and Cluj at home to Celtic this evening looks a case in point. I'm seriously tempted by the evens on offer for the home win.

Celtic have already won the group so this is a dead rubber for them, so much so that six of their top players, including captain Scott Brown, didn't even travel. Brown deliberately got himself booked in the last game in order to serve a suspension ahead of the knockout stages which he'll enter with a clean slate.

December is an extraordinarily busy month for Celtic. I think they had NINE games scheduled including their European games and the League Cup final. Their 100% record - which was very lucky to survive on Sunday - is at serious risk tonight. So far this season when Lennon has rested a couple of key players there's been a vulnerability about the team as a whole. Some other players have stepped up and surprised but, as a unit, they haven't convinced when less than full strength.

There's even talk of 16yo sensation Karamoko Dembele getting a run-out this evening. I hope not. Cluj are extremely physical and the wee guy needs protecting for the second half of the domestic campaign.

Celtic won't be going out there to lie down. The fringe players are being given a chance to further their credentials on a big stage but so far this season they haven't really convinced.

A draw would be a very good result for Celtic. A win in the circumstances would brilliant but my head says there's a much better than evens chance that Cluj will be more than good enough.

One fortunate spin-off of a Cluj win would be if it meant Lazio lost out on second place in the group. It's probably an outcome a lot of Celtic fans would not be unhappy with. The Lazio fans disgraced themselves in Glasgow with their fascist salutes, banners and chants. (Compare the atmosphere with the more recent Rennes tie when fans got together before and after the game to party as one group.)

Celtic won't send out a side deliberately to lose as there's money awarded for winning and they'd fancy going through the group with 16 points from a possible 18, or at least unbeaten on 14 points. But I suspect there won't be any angry dressing room exchanges if they emerge with a defeat and an honourable performance.

Cluj really only need to draw so it's possible it will play out as a tippy-tappy friendly 0-0 or 1-1 but that's a dangerous game for them to play just in case Celtic get an open goal they can't really pass up.

I’m already in on Cluj, and is my nap of the day.

Plus Celtic owe me a loss after their victory over Lazio is probably the worst loss I’ve ever had on a football match. 10/11 Cluj to good to turn down.

I've got a bit of a blind spot for Ravenhill Road, but think today maybe the day he gets his head back in front. Jumps really well, will hopefully come on bundles for his reappearance and hope he has too much for I’m To Blame.

Have also doubled my bet and put up an IR lay at around evens for my stake, as he travels well and expect him to trade short at some point

Me too. Hoping his good second behind Good Boy Bobby turns out to be strong form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travelled ok but found nothing. Love affair over now...

I don't see a football thread in the 'other sports' section so I thought I'd post this one here.

I'm not really into short-shots unless I genuinely believe they should be much shorter and Cluj at home to Celtic this evening looks a case in point. I'm seriously tempted by the evens on offer for the home win.

Celtic have already won the group so this is a dead rubber for them, so much so that six of their top players, including captain Scott Brown, didn't even travel. Brown deliberately got himself booked in the last game in order to serve a suspension ahead of the knockout stages which he'll enter with a clean slate.

December is an extraordinarily busy month for Celtic. I think they had NINE games scheduled including their European games and the League Cup final. Their 100% record - which was very lucky to survive on Sunday - is at serious risk tonight. So far this season when Lennon has rested a couple of key players there's been a vulnerability about the team as a whole. Some other players have stepped up and surprised but, as a unit, they haven't convinced when less than full strength.

There's even talk of 16yo sensation Karamoko Dembele getting a run-out this evening. I hope not. Cluj are extremely physical and the wee guy needs protecting for the second half of the domestic campaign.

Celtic won't be going out there to lie down. The fringe players are being given a chance to further their credentials on a big stage but so far this season they haven't really convinced.

A draw would be a very good result for Celtic. A win in the circumstances would brilliant but my head says there's a much better than evens chance that Cluj will be more than good enough.

One fortunate spin-off of a Cluj win would be if it meant Lazio lost out on second place in the group. It's probably an outcome a lot of Celtic fans would not be unhappy with. The Lazio fans disgraced themselves in Glasgow with their fascist salutes, banners and chants. (Compare the atmosphere with the more recent Rennes tie when fans got together before and after the game to party as one group.)

Celtic won't send out a side deliberately to lose as there's money awarded for winning and they'd fancy going through the group with 16 points from a possible 18, or at least unbeaten on 14 points. But I suspect there won't be any angry dressing room exchanges if they emerge with a defeat and an honourable performance.

Cluj really only need to draw so it's possible it will play out as a tippy-tappy friendly 0-0 or 1-1 but that's a dangerous game for them to play just in case Celtic get an open goal they can't really pass up.

Not watched the game just watched me win money. Some 13/8 about at half time were I again topped up. Stats seemed heavily in their favour. Lovely result, pays for the losses on Yanworth tomorrow.

Lungarno Palace doesn't quite qualify for the long shot thread but I fancy it could run a big race off a good handicap rating in the 3:40. Tentative though..sporting selection!

Not watched the game just watched me win money. Some 13/8 about at half time were I again topped up. Stats seemed heavily in their favour. Lovely result, pays for the losses on Yanworth tomorrow.

I watched the game. It was pretty even early on but Celtic seemed reluctant to move up out of second gear. Effectively it was Celtic Reserves, as Chris Sutton pointed out in commentary, and I fancy the full team would have wiped the floor with Cluj if the game really mattered to Celtic.

Around the 75-minute mark I texted the brothers to ask if they could remember Celtic putting in a tackle. They really played it like a preseason friendly and the result was never really in doubt in the second half.

Even money (or 21/20 if you could get it) was a steal. No massive profit but an easy one.

Last edited:
Good Tidings 5.30C is likely to improve for the step up in trip, which should see him clear of his main market rivals.
0/30 generally

3.40 Cheltenham Saturday

Serious money coming in for the JP owned and Henderson trained favourite (not trying to spell it) so no doubt that will prove a very difficult one to beat.

But one I like in the same race is Lust For Glory. Ran absolute cracker in second behind Not So Sleepy, coming from a fair bit back to get into the race after the last. The third in that race, Oakley, hasn’t just gone down today by a neck at Cheltenham, so could prove to be quite a useful race.

Currently 11/1 with 365, one I’ll be having a tickle on at a decent price.

I have a good feeling about Knocknanuss in the 1:55.

When you factor in this is only his second season chasing, having improved about a stone last season on his original rating, you have to say with a trainer like Gary Moore he might just peak again here. 16/1 is a price worth paying to find out.

Last edited:
I've gone for another football bet today.

I was seriously tempted to be very brave and take 17/2 Motherwell at home to their visitors from Ibrox but chickened out and instead took 9/2 the draw, mainly because up here you just know that something will be done by at least one of the officials to minimise the chances of dropped points.

Stevie G's side totally dominated an unusually supine Celtic side last week and the biggest surprise of the day was that their goal wasn't flagged offside by an alleged former season-ticket holder. Almost as if to make up for it, Stevie G's side were awarded a penalty in pretty much their next foray into the Celtic box but couldn't convert it.

I anticipate at least one penalty for them today, hence my safety-first approach.

But the main reason I'm opposing them is that the odds, in my opinion, are wrong. Motherwell are pretty much back on the rails after an iffy start to the season, struggling without David Turnbull but now accommodating his injury-enforced absence. A point today will take them into third place so Stephen Robinson will have them scrapping all the way.

The visitors have had a blessed first half of the season so far, the fixtures being deliberately skewed to see them play the lower half teams first, at home more often than away, but they have a general tendency to find it tough against the top six. That's because they're not significantly better than them.

They had a very hard - and probably psychologically draining - game last Sunday and another tough one on Thursday when they squandered a lead yet again. Now they have an early away Sunday match. They have a very large squad but not an awful lot of quality in depth.

This game could end up more challenging than the odds imply.

Up here the media invariably question whether Celtic can win an early away Sunday match following a Thursday Euro tie yet somehow Stevie G's side are never doubted.

Strange.

Last edited:
One of Jonjo's is being well backed today.

I also fancy one of Venetia Williams.

I like the outsider of the field at Carlisle in the 2:25 called Misfits.

I have bunged them all in a lucky 15. Due a change of luck.

Southwell

1:10 Perfect City
2:15 Pink Legend

Carlisle

1:20 Cloudy Glen
2:25 Misfits

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back