What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haydock 2:40 Geronimo (Nap)

There is good money for Daklondike at Taunton in the 2:50. He can't run much worse than last time. A talented horse on his day. Must have a chance.

If Cornerstone Lad was with a more fashionable trainer he'd be half the price he is now. No surprise if he won today.

Last edited:
Have had a bet on Warriors Valley in the 3.55 Lingfield at about 8 on betfair, RP reckon its been running poorly of late, but to my eyes has shown a lot of speed at Southwell before weakening in final furlong and should be cherry ripe today back at Lingfield where he's won 2 5fs sprints from 56 and 66 and was only btn 1 1/2 lengths off 67 last time he ran here. Previous run here ran last drawn in widest stall 9/9 behind same horse. Back in march ran 2nd btn just Nk in C4 from 75!
This horse is all speed and drawn in 1 on the inside with Franny Norton taking over i can see this horse getting away from these and hopefully staying there, think it's pretty certain to trade a lot shorter even if doesn't hold on.

2.05 Doncaster-Champagne Well @ 9-4 [Skybet]

Big run looks more than likely

Hope so. I backed him earlier in the week thinking this looked so much easier than the novice at Cheltenham. Speaking of that race, I like Harry Senior now that Sporting John is an absentee.
Also can't resist L'ami Serge at double figures each way.

Solar Heights 7.00W won a similar contest 6l at Chelmsford in August and was outclassed in a hot race there, subsequently. Latest run is easily forgiven as he chased too strong a pace, and expected to comfortably reverse form with fortunate winner, that day.
3/1 generally.
Exceed Loose could be anything stepped up in trip, so i've taken a little f/c insurance.

Down Royal 3.50 School Lane 16/1 BOG - small e/way - 2nd in this race last year a long way clear of the rest. 7lb claimer means he runs off a 1lb lower mark than last year - hoping they have targeted this race??

With the dead 8 rnrs, can't resist an ew play on Lady Dancelot at the general 33/1 (Cleves Stakes - Lingfield, Saturday).
Tons of pace in the race, and there's more than a chance the 3 principals will cut each others throats, which will suit her sit and pounce style admirably.

2.05 Musselburgh-Ashington @ 11-4 [Bet 365]

Hard not to imagine him being involved jumping the last

Court House 2.55L has more track experience than most of these and is more likely to be suited by it than the 2 shorter in the market. Has been understudy to Wissahicken on numerous occasions, but runs today in preference to Global Giant (which Frankie was booked for), so his cllaims are clearly evident.
Solid bet @ 9/2 best.

On ORs, Laurina is 7lbs better than anything else in her race today (San 2.25) PLUS she gets a 7lbs allowance. Why isn't she odds-on?

I'm not into short shots but 85/40 strikes me as ridiculous value.

I'll always forgive one bad run so I'm not concerned about her pulling up last time and I just wonder if she prefers going right-handed anyway. I can't resist that price.

Laurina looks the one but if anyone can get her beat it’s NdB. Took some 4/1 about Good Boy Bobby last. night which looks good value now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandown 3:00 Grand Morning looks on a really exploitable mark and strong in the betting. For an interesting owner/trainer combination of JP Mcmanus and Lucinda Russell.

Last edited:
With the dead 8 rnrs, can't resist an ew play on Lady Dancelot at the general 33/1 (Cleves Stakes - Lingfield, Saturday).
Tons of pace in the race, and there's more than a chance the 3 principals will cut each others throats, which will suit her sit and pounce style admirably.
3d.
Not only did Kachy's withdrawal bugger up the pace, it also cost a useful place dividend by there being only 7 rnrs.
Sometimes, it seems the gods are against you.:blink:

Don't think you can apportion any of the blame to the jockey there.

No she looked completely disinterested. Nice performance by the winner but GBB very disappointing and probably sulked when headed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back