What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Cole rarely has winners on the AW at this time of year, but has gone against the trend this year with 3 winners so far with 2 individual winners, he also hasn't had a runner at Sthwll for over 5 years and had just 1 winner in previous 5 years there.
Dark Phoenix runs in the 5.30 having just got home to win 2 races at Wolver and Kempton over 1m and 1m 1/2f holding on gamely. He's up 4lbs for last win but drops to 7fs today, horse has improved for leading and really its a matter of wether he takes to the fibresand, hopefully he does and looks value at 10/1 to give the fav a race.

Not far off a big priced winner Jersey , good placed runner and must have traded shortish , well researched tip !

Last edited:
Straight Right 3.10N probably ran as well as he ever has, over a distance short of his best, latest.Should have teed him up perfectly to win the same race he won 2 seasons ago. SDS travels for the ride.
11/2 B365.

Last edited:
Straight Right 3.10N probably ran as well as he ever has, over a distance short of his best, latest.Should have teed him up perfectly to win the same race he won 2 seasons ago. SDS travels for the ride.
11/2 B365.
RP analysis:won this two years ago from 2lb higher and was desperately unlucky this time, denied clear runs on a couple of occasions. He will be of obvious interest when next seen. .
Seems I'm cursed at the moment.:whistle:

Last edited:
Newcastle 3:55 Secrete Stream

For various reasons he is highly likely to win tomorrow.

Get stuck in.

Highway One O One in Kemptons 3:35 is my other one to back.

I reckon he is a good horse.

Good Luck

2.05 Lingfield-Corinthia Knight

Each Way @ 9-1 [Ladbrokes]

Not run this track for a while but is very effective here

Hareem Queen 2.05L is the only one that could hold a candle to Good Effort (nr) and is taken to be
too speedy for these.
4/1 in places.
In the Winter Derby, JG usually knows the time of day and runs Dubai Warrior here in preference to such as Global Giant.

I'm thinking of backing Pistol Whipped in the Pendil (1.15) at Kempton.

On the face of it, he has a lot to find, which is reflected in his price (14/1 or thereabouts) but I fully expect him to outrun those odds. The problem is, I'm not sure he can afford to win.

Hendo appeared to make a point in his media event the other day of mentioning him, saying he had to run here to go up the ratings in order to get into the Close Brothers. He'll probably need to go up at least 5lbs to be certain of doing so, meaning that he has to show his hand to a degree. If Hendo thinks the horse can win the Cheltenham race he must privately rate the horse at least 150 but running to that mark today will kill any chance at the festival. I think De Boinville will need to judge it quite fine to run well enough to go up but not by too much so he might just ride the horse for second or third . It's a race I'll be watching very closely but the Cheltenham race was utterly dominated by the Irish last year, the first British horse home in fourth beaten nearly 25 lengths.

And if last year's race is any indication, half of the runners will be Irish.

Should Benson be 17/2 for today's Dovecote?

It was totally unconsidered on its debut in a much classier race but came there strongly on the heels of the leaders when he crashed out. The jockey seemed keen to play down the run afterwards and it's possible the form is misleading but had he negotiated the last two there has to be a chance he'd have been placed at worst and any of the other principals (Quel Destin OR 156, Call Me Lord now 157 and Eldorado Allen now 150) would be a short price favourite here.

Benson is weak in the market and he might be a head case but I'm happy to pay to find out at that price.

You know what they say...."Who Dares Wins"

attachment.php

Attachments

• Delboy.jpg
    Delboy.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 161
Hareem Queen 2.05L is the only one that could hold a candle to Good Effort (nr) and is taken to be
too speedy for these.
4/1 in places.
In the Winter Derby, JG usually knows the time of day and runs Dubai Warrior here in preference to such as Global Giant.

Well done Reet!

I'm having another pop at the football today. I haven't been too far off the mark with them lately but, as they say, a miss is as good as a mile.

Tommy Wright appears to have steadied the good ship St Johnstone, who are becoming one of my preferred 'diddy teams'. You never hear anything bad about their supporters and the people who run the club have seen the light of commercial day and opened the stadium to more visiting supporters, realising the importance of gate income and atmosphere over sparsely populated stands and little noise.

The home pitch is apparently one of the biggest anywhere so, in theory, it should suit today's visitors from Ibrox who, when they go expansive, can exploit the space. However, apart from a second-half comeback on Thursday night against Braga, they've been tactically slow since the winter break and with Morelos's mind seemingly elsewhere and Defoe out injured, they're relying on the midfield for goals, and they're hardly prolific.

Wright is a good manager with a lot of experience. I'm trusting he can set up the Saints to stifle the midfield and minimise the supply to Morelos.

As ever, it's odds-on that the visitors will leave with all three points but I didn't see much value in the odds for the draw. Saints were 7/1 when I logged on but the best price I could get was 13/2 with shorter in a lot of other places. Clearly I'm not the only one half-expecting a minor upset.

Have written-off the Thomas Darby Champion Hurdle bet, but will avail myself of the odds-against today as recompense. He is favoured by the weights, has the most scope for progress, is on an upward-curve form-wise (nicely franked), and is a straightforward, genuine type that will run his race.

Also, the yard aren’t swerving Cheltenham to finish second to these rags.

Bet of the day.

Last edited:
Have written-off the Thomas Darby Champion Hurdle bet, but will avail myself of the odds-against today as recompense. He is favoured by the weights, has the most scope for progress, is on an upward-curve form-wise (nicely franked), and is a straightforward, genuine type that will run his race.

Also, the yard aren’t swerving Cheltenham to finish second to these rags.

Bet of the day.

That went well.

Reeves 7.00W, won a better c/d race in December, and is easily forgiven a lto blip, when he had a wide trip, from a poor draw, for the whole of the 7f circuit.
Looks a solid bet @ 4/1 best.

Last edited:
Sectionals indicate that Aljari 3.35S went too soon 2 ago at Newcastle, and had nothing left to repel boarders. Thought good enough to run in a £28k race latest, but reacted badly to the first time blinds.
Trainer has a 25% s/r from a handful of runners at the course and, with his dirt pedigree, has the potential to be a few lengths better than these.
Price has been shot to bits (13/2 last night) but still worth an interest at the current 3/1.

Last edited:
Gavin Sheehan has a good book of each way rides at Newbury tomorrow.

I will chance my luck by putting them in an each way yankee (bar the NHF race).

You heard it here first. :)

Last edited:
Double Kodiac 2.35L
Goes well fresh, close 2nd, at Newmarket, to a horse that won a gp2 on his next outing.
Today's track & trip look ideal.
What's not to like.
5/2 Wm Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back