What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going for a treble today of shorties looked hard at it can't really see why they shouldn't all win.
2.25 Beneath (should have won last time clearly well handicapped)
4.55 Bold Silvano (different class to this lot)
5.10 Gabrials Bounty (improving horse won with plenty in hand last time and this looks weaker)

Will be saving on first leg with Cabal.

God i'm bad this year

Mullins has had a horse placed in each of the first five races at Thurles but no winner so far.

3 horses at massive prices in the last..main one is Diamond Fire 38.0..,,,,,Novay Essjay 95.0...Odd Ball 42.0

have split 20 quid between these

3.00 Southwell Magic Millie 5/2

Ticks so many boxes for me; improving mare turned out again quickly with an up and coming decent trainer. The way she put her head down and battled on the last day was impressive and I think she may do so again. Beat a 65 rated animal the last day fair and square so is well in off the same mark here. Here's hoping to get the weekend off to a flyer..

Only one bet today

18:50 Dundalk - Mirandas Girl @ 33/1 (Sportingbet)
Something of a risk some will say given her past two runs have been well beaten efforts in listed company but prior to that she'd run exceptionally well to win a fillies conditions race over CD from Hurricane Havoc (conceding 1lb to MG) who's rated 100, also in the field were the 88 rated Puttore, 100 rated Mid Mon Lady and 97 rated Amazing Beauty all of whom are solid listed/handicap performers in their own right. She was sent off at 33's that day so it's possible that was something of a fluke effort but she'd previously run well on the turf at Listowel (behind Toufan Express) off todays mark and also had won easily at Roscommon off 10lbs lower back in August. Miranda's Girl had a rating of 93 at her peak back in 2009 and also recorded two victories at the 08 Galway Festival. Whilst I doubt she'll be doing that again she looks more than capable of winning handicaps around here and at 33/1 (65 on Betfair) she looks worth taking a chance on today. Will also be having a smaller bet on Toufan Express who although not getting any younger has some good form around here, most notably back in December when twice running close up behind Elusive Ridge.

Martin

That's the toughest handicap I've seen for quite a while. Anything could win it and a lot will depend on luck in running up the straight. I will give Knockgraffon Lad another chance... Way too free after a break and didn't get home.8/1 is reasonable.

Spin of a Coin is my Nap - still available at 4/1 in a weak race.

Good luck OTB - agree it looks tough and had narrowed my bet down to four, Miranda's Girl being the biggest priced of them and at the prices I don't mind taking a chance.

Martin

That's the toughest handicap I've seen for quite a while. Anything could win it and a lot will depend on luck in running up the straight. I will give Knockgraffon Lad another chance... Way too free after a break and didn't get home.8/1 is reasonable.

Spin of a Coin is my Nap - still available at 4/1 in a weak race.

Followed you on that, good man :thumbsup:

Devonelli in the last. Been unlucky a few times, is down in weights so I think it's tonight or never for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back