What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As avalue punt have done Highcliffe 4.30 Lingfield. 150/1 win 30/1 place. reasonable comeback race and could go well

Oh well!

Last edited:
I've just backed Urbain De Sivola in the 3:00 at Exeter tomorrow. I think this is a good horse and he's being given weight here, so should go well.

I've got to stick with Captain Conan who did me a good turn when getting up to beat Colour Squadron. Not as good a turn as all those who went bonkers laying him at silly prices.:p

This could develope into a bit of a sprint which worries me but was assured there are no worries in that department that he has bags of toe.

Great when you are told these things but I still have my own doubts. If he's that fast why Nicky is running him over 2m2f and dropping Simonsig back to 2 miles? :blink:

I wonder sometimes if Nicky knows what the hell he is doing but will stick with CC anyway but they'll be no kitchen sinks going on this one.

4:25 Dixie Case - small e/way 40/1 - his 25L behind Oscar Whisky over distance on Friday in what was easily the fastest race off the day gives him a shout inmy book if over his exertions. Worth taken a chance on.

Last edited:
Bet365 have taken a risk in putting Top Brass (1.20 Ayr tomorrow) up at 33-1.

His form this season is awful but his best run last season was when well backed on soft ground at Ayr and they have Conor O'Farrell booked (his only ride on the card).

I could well be barking up the wrong tree but I ain't laying any double carpet. Does anyone know anything about the trainer (James H Black)?

Good spot Chris - know little of the trainer but can forgive any horse a dodgy run at Tramore and he's 6lbs lower than when runner-up in a Class 4 at the track last year (Class 5 today) and looks well worth a bet.

Purcells Bridge in the next for a double anyone - placed at the Punchestown Festival behind Texas Jack and Maller Tree, pulled hard first time out for Rose Dobbin but surely better than that in what looks a fairly weak race, currently 11/1 for an E/W bet.

Martin

The 3.50 at Southwell tomorrow is a cracking novice hurdle; lots of Cheltenham entries. I really like Talkonthestreet and fancy him to get the better of its a gimme in receipt of 7lb.

It always amazes me the number of horses that don't go a yard at Southwell-Albertus Pictor is my place lay today at about 1/2 but it really sickened me to see Sybarite being hard ridden after the first fence in the delayed 150.

It really sickened me to see Sybarite being hard ridden after the first fence in the delayed 150.

What are they doing with him? He looks like he wants 3m+ and they persist at 2m4f. I thought they had a plan with him but he looked like he'd had enough today. He's a lovely looking horse and showed promise but I can't help but feel that they haven't campaigned him to best effect.

In the first race at Leicester there's an interesting unexposed chaser called Gemini Jim who's already improved a bit over fences compared with hurdles: They've ridden him more positively on both chase starts, especially last time with the first time visor, which he wears again today, and perhaps the drop in trip to 2M4 from 3M+ is what he needs to win a chase, which he seems more likely to do from the front than rear. The handicapper has even dropped him a bit what more could I want...

None of the rest are exactly bombproof formwise on their last runs, most were finishing their races 5 minutes before the next race on the card was starting lto. I guess Qualypso D'Allier has the best recent form but he's been beaten in enough chases to make me think he's opposable here (1/11 wins to chase runs):

Last edited:
I'm off to the beach and will hopefully be back on time to see SS tomorrow.

If Keys is beaten tomorrow I may not want to come back :0) Remember that kitchen sink I won? well it's been left in safe hands incase I'm back too late.

Galway Jack is a ridiculous price in this Hunter Chase at Leicester - happy to lay him at 1.78 on Betfair and back two at bigger prices against him (Dusherra @ 19 and Rumbury Grey @ 20).

The 8/11 on Rumbury Grey in a match with Advertising Space looked good too - was available earlier with Ladbrokes but can't have AS on my mind on his UK runs, should be more like 1/4 RG and 11/4 Advertising Space IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back