What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galway Jack is a ridiculous price in this Hunter Chase at Leicester - happy to lay him at 1.78 on Betfair and back two at bigger prices against him (Dusherra @ 19 and Rumbury Grey @ 20).

The 8/11 on Rumbury Grey in a match with Advertising Space looked good too - was available earlier with Ladbrokes but can't have AS on my mind on his UK runs, should be more like 1/4 RG and 11/4 Advertising Space IMO.

Excellent!! - well done

Tanlic- I agree with you on that last excellent run by GetMeOutOfHere. Please tell Jonjo to drop the horse back in trip for another crack at the Trophy at Newbury next month. Imo he will hack up if at the level of form he was in the that race two years ago

Hope no one minds me consoling myself.:(

Last edited:
1.50 Silviniaco Conti
2.45 Restless Harry
3.00 Riverside Theatre
3.45 Binocular

Would be today's winners for me.

All backed last night, all shortened this morning. Which normally for me guarantees they will get turned over...

Had a good day yesterday- apart from the fact that I am heavily invested in Al Ferof for the Arkle- and go into today wth growing confidence as Saturdays have been good recently.

Cappa Bleu 2.25A looks a good ew bet that has a win potential whilst I am drawn to Ben's Folly 3.55 H as a win with a place to cover stake. Palace Jester in the same race has a good chance if they want it to win.
Another Jonjo horse Mohayer loks capable in the 3.20 with the same caveat.
Valid Reason is a good priced and popular selection in the 3.25A but both Swincombe Flame and Smad Place are dangers I'll do some forecasts in addition to the single.

Ascot 3:35 - Dunraven Storm: Good novice hurdle form with former Totesport Trophy winner Recession Proof and then Cue Card. Got hammered in the handicap for that and subsequently lost his form. Returned at Taunton last month and to say he would of come on for that run would be an understatement. I fear the lightly unexposed horses in this race but I've chanced Dunraven Storm to come back to form. It's an open race but at 16/1 I've payed my money and taken my chance.

Last edited:
I'm laying Crowning Star in this next at Lingfield. Worse off at the weights with Clean Bowled and yet is ahead in the market something doesn't quite add up to me.

I will be backing busty brown in the 4.55 at gowran. It's a memorial race that the yard would be very keen to win. This horse ran third the last day behind some good horses without being overly ridden. Way up on the air is a fine big horse but I thought the last day he didn't quicken when asked and may be a strong traveller just. Small rev f/c just in case but I'm very keen on the fahy horse.

1.50 Silviniaco Conti
2.45 Restless Harry
3.00 Riverside Theatre
3.45 Binocular

Would be today's winners for me.

All backed last night, all shortened this morning. Which normally for me guarantees they will get turned over...

3 out of 4, well done :)

Cheers Col. A bit disappointed with Conti, spoiled a nice accumulator. Got a decent price for RT though.

Watch out for Medical Card today.

This horse had to be satisfied with the runner up position behind the classy Skorcher in what was widely recognised as the 2009 bumper of the year, the Talkinghorses/winningways INH Pro Am Flat Race at Navan. The merit of that form has been repeatedly vindicated by the winner, who went on to win a maiden hurdle and to be placed in a Grade 2 race.

Medical Card is himself the winner of a maiden hurdle and since then has gone on to even greater things. He is now on a hat trick after winning a beginners chase and then the Grade 2 Woodlands Park Novice Chase on his last two outings.

Those of us who were there that portentous day are not a bit surprised.

A nice enough card today at Navan. Taking a stab on Berties Dream in a trappy looking Novice Chase. Jack The Pirate should have his turn in a weak enough handicap hurdle. Good luck today folks:cool:

Sizing Gold to beat Defy Logic (forecast) in the bumper today.

Both highly regarded by their respective stables.

Big Occasion is seriously slow and a decent place lay for me at odds on in the 2 o clock at Carlisle.

Backing Strong Vigilance win. Back at track he likes, Spencer on board, doesn't appear to be another front runner so may get a soft lead and is the race he won last year and is now 3lbs lower. Just backing win though as he either wins or comes last there is no in between!

Carr Hall for me in the 2.15. I try and avoid these races like the plague, but I thought CH was given quite a tender ride for Luke Morris last time and the step up will suit.

No problems with handicap mark and it looks an awful race.

Dare me in the handicap hurdle at Taunton tomorrow. Still looked a bit green last time outed belted a few but I think he's better than his current rating.

Chucking Urbain de Sivola into a double.

It looks between Sire De Grugy and Dare Me Aragorn but at 33/1 Akula might just be the fly in the ointment...

Rowan Tiger in the 3:40 at Ludlow tomorrow. From my memory the trainer does well with these front running types and I feel this opposition might have trouble pegging him back tomorrow. A good bet to increase the Cheltenham funds. I have ignored the last run as it was a much hotter contest and he's young enough to bounce back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back