What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers, BJ.
From my tracker:
National League 2.30M had a very troubled passage, in a better race than this, at Donny, then dwelt at Ayr, and from his coffin box draw, had little choice but race around the outside, the whole way. With a strong pace predicted, this 7f shouldn't be a problem, nor the ground.
EW @14/1 B365

Cold Stare 5.00L absolutely loves deep ground and invariably performs well on it, much as he did when winning a good contest at Goodwood recently (official description was 'heavy', originally). Took Hills 17/2 on what's a rock solid ew bet imo. Also done a rfc with the Goodwood runner-up,Magical Wish.

Hereford 3.33

Ayr Of Elegance has good Irish form, also might improve somewhat with a first time tongue tie, I have taken 25/1 each way.

Last edited:
Two Joao Moreira bets in Hong Kong tomorrow

1.45-Wild West Wing @ 15-2
2.15-Noble Man @ 7-1

1pt win on each [Skybet]

I got a tracker alert through this evening.

I put up Theflyingportrait when it ran at Cartmel back in August and noted that it wasn't off an inch. It looks like there's money for it in tomorrow's 5.15 Wetherby. 12/1 is still there so I'm on.

The favourite looks hard to beat in the 5.15 at Wetherby as he looked progressive last time and is 2lb well in under his penalty. Zizaneur could go well if his jumping holds up but Master Work looks a decent each way alternative at 12/1

In the 3.15 at Punchestown Alpha des Obeaux was tempting but concerned by the drift (15/2 from 5/1)

Having put up Tintern Theatre last time (NR) I’ll be backing him today Wetherby 4.10. Obviously risky after 2 years off but fully 12lb below the mark he won a good handicap off in December 2017 at Kempton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The favourite looks hard to beat in the 5.15 at Wetherby as he looked progressive last time and is 2lb well in under his penalty. Zizaneur could go well if his jumping holds up but Master Work looks a decent each way alternative at 12/1

In the 3.15 at Punchestown Alpha des Obeaux was tempting but concerned by the drift (15/2 from 5/1)

Having put up Tintern Theatre last time (NR) I’ll be backing him today Wetherby 4.10. Obviously risky after 2 years off but fully 12lb below the mark he won a good handicap off in December 2017 at Kempton

I've taken Alpha Des Obeaux despite the drift.

Moss Gill is out in the Rous stakes at 3:45 in Nottingham.

Last edited:
Give It Some Teddy 2.48H won a valuable Redcar h'cap in deep ground last backend, and was sold to present connections shortly afterwards.Returned to the fray at Newmarket, he ran poorly, and wore a tongue tie for his latest, where he was a slightly unlucky 4th over 1m at Newbury. Should strip fitter today, and worth a punt at B365's 8/1

Art Power 2.20A Will revel in the soft going at Ascot, and is fully expected to turn around Haydock form with Dream Of Dreams on this ground and over this much stiffer test. Got outpaced there, (on ground deemed g,s by the RP) but was coming back at the winner in the closing stages.Can't have him out the frame, no matter what. 11/1 - 4 places,B365.

Mehdaayih 2.30A must have been showing plenty at home, as Frankie swerves the 2 Oppenheimer entrants to take the mount.
8/1 B365.
EWD the 2 - pays c137/1, should they both clock in.

Last edited:
I think just about all of my bets are up on either the ante-post thread or the longshot one but I firmed up today on Serpentine at 14/1 to 4 places rather than 16s to 3 places.

I'm still a big fan of his Derby form and my rating for him is ahead of anything any of the others have done in their career. My only concern is whether he handles the ground. If he does those prices could look pretty big come 3.45pm.

Roseman 3.05A thrives on soft ground, and was consequently an outpaced 4th in the Queen Anne, after the official going was elevated to good. Exactly the same happened in the Ispahan, so he had little chance in what turned out a typical 'stack & sprint'.
Worth a small ew at B365's 33/1 (4 places) to make the frame today.

The Ascot card is tough. The long distance, sprint and mares I can't find anything in aside from Trueshan ew now 4pl are available.
The Revenant ap and Mishriff the only proper bets (the latter I was gonna leave but the drift to 9/2 is too much)
One other bet today is Le Patriote at 10/3 in the novice chase at Market Rasen. Pic D'Orhy won a terrible betfair hurdle and 8/11 is silly.

Pic D'Orhy won a terrible betfair hurdle

I don't believe there is such a thing as a terrible Betfair Hurdle. You've got 20 runners or thereabouts most of which have been plotted up for it for long enough, it's usually run at a strong gallop and the form usually works out very well over time. The prize on offer dictates that it's among the hottest races in the hurdles calendar. Personally, I think in the last 10 years the County has usurped it for overall quality but it's probably at least the second best handicap hurdle of any season. I don't see why Pic D'Orhy's should be seen in any less positive a light but it might have no bearing on a novices' chase.

The Ascot card is tough. The long distance, sprint and mares I can't find anything in aside from Trueshan ew now 4pl are available.
The Revenant ap and Mishriff the only proper bets (the latter I was gonna leave but the drift to 9/2 is too much)
One other bet today is Le Patriote at 10/3 in the novice chase at Market Rasen. Pic D'Orhy won a terrible betfair hurdle and 8/11 is silly.

Tough indeed. The only ones I'm really confident on, (taking into account the betting market) , are Sonaiyla in the Sprint and Skalleti in the main event.

There's been no non runners in the Balmoral so Revich won't get a run. I've substituted in Tempus for a sporting selection.

Sovereign looked all the rage in the betting yesterday, but now out to 16/1, while the other Ballydoyle runner Dawn Patrol attracts support on the day.

Good luck all bettors, let's hope someone gets a few winners.

Last edited:

Following you in on Le Patriote. Agree that Pic d’Orhy was flattered as several fancied ones were done at the start and plenty of others were badly hampered at the last IIRC

Two others at Market Rasen I’ve backed are
Dream Berry (3.21). Down in class and goes well here
Luckofthedraw (4.31). Can better his 5th over C&D last time out in what looks a decent race eased 1lb

Last edited:
Best bet for me in Hong Kong tomorrow morning (10.50) is: The Hulk

Each Way @ 6-1 (William Hill) 4 places

Roseman 3.05A thrives on soft ground, and was consequently an outpaced 4th in the Queen Anne, after the official going was elevated to good. Exactly the same happened in the Ispahan, so he had little chance in what turned out a typical 'stack & sprint'.
Worth a small ew at B365's 33/1 (4 places) to make the frame today.

Great shout unlucky

I see Lightly Squeeze runs in the Welsh Champion Hurdle today. He was one of my Cesarewitch selections with Hayley Turner booked at the bottom of the weights but missed the cut. He was also taken out of his Silver Trophy engagement on the same day but turns up here.

I haven't looked at the form for today's race so I'm putting it up half-blind (in more ways than one) but along with Remiluc and The Bannerkingrebel represents the Betfair Hurdle form. Those with elephantine memories will recall that The Bannerkingrebel was one of my main bets for the race while Remiluc (at very long odds) and the winner Pic D'Orhy were put up on the longshot thread so I kind of have a vested interest in how that form pans out.

Lightly Squeeze was well there when falling at the last and the handicapper put up both him and Remiluc by 3lbs so you could argue that the official view is that Lightly Squeeze would have finished right beside Remiluc in the photo.

The Bannerkingrebel was left alone so is 3lbs better off and has a 10lbs claimer but I'm more inclined to interpret (probably to my cost) that booking as a negative regarding his readiness. Lightly Squeeze, though, would have been fit for Newmarket and I suspect will be off here before being prepared for Newbury again. Consequently I have taken the plunge today at 15/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back