Not open for further replies.
Sadly weakened badly and was tailed off last in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Roll on tomorrow.

See if Some Chaos can do over at Kelso.

Last edited:
GL,PB.
Musicality 4.05D won a soft ground 6f race (similar class) on the July course, showing every sign of needing a stiffer test. He was then bumped up in class, over 1/2f further, but the drier ground and steady pace worked against him. Back down in class today, on ground & track he's proven on. Definitely worth an interest at the prevailing 11/1.

Ballononabudget will hopefully be staying on up the hill and 12/1 is a nice ew price (6 places)

Ballononabudget will hopefully be staying on up the hill and 12/1 is a nice ew price (6 places)

Never jumped well enough to stay in contention

1.57 Aintree
Taking a chance on Midnight Shadow (9/1 SkyBet 5 places) in receipt of 5lb from the fav and three times the price
A bit disappointed to see Sue Smith saying he may need the race but Frodon showed we shouldn’t always trust trainer comments [emoji16]

1.57 Aintree
Taking a chance on Midnight Shadow (9/1 SkyBet 5 places) in receipt of 5lb from the fav and three times the price
A bit disappointed to see Sue Smith saying he may need the race but Frodon showed we shouldn’t always trust trainer comments [emoji16]

I had my eye on Midnight Shadow too but the trainer form has put me well off , I liked Vintage Clouds in the veterans also but again unbackable with stable form.

1.57 Aintree

Well, it’s one of these:

1. She’s got him ready, but needs a good excuse if he blobs.
2. She knows he’s not ready, but will try his best
3. She knows he’s not ready, so won’t give him a hard time
4. She has no firm idea whether he’s ready or not.

World Title 6.20S has a proper soft ground action, which ought to be suited by the Fibresand. Was a decent 2yo, placing on hvy and winning on g/s. Appears to have lost his way this year; outclassed in the Britannia, and 3 runs on g/f since,
by virtue of which his OR has dropped 10lb.
Makes sound sense,imo, to try him here, over a distance he's won twice at, and in the lowest class he's eligible for.
Be fun finding out @ B365's 16/1.

Last edited:
Wednesday bet [Hong Kong]

2.15-Wind N Grass

Each Way @ 13-2 [William Hill] 4 Places

The mount of my favourite HK Jockey Karis Teetan

World Title 6.20S has a proper soft ground action, which ought to be suited by the Fibresand. Was a decent 2yo, placing on hvy and winning on g/s. Appears to have lost his way this year; outclassed in the Britannia, and 3 runs on g/f since,
by virtue of which his OR has dropped 10lb.
Makes sound sense,imo, to try him here, over a distance he's won twice at, and in the lowest class he's eligible for.
Be fun finding out @ B365's 16/1.

Last - a lemon.

Quality racing at Leafy, Thursday.

Soffika 2.45 Showed good speed on the July course, despite having to be switched at least twice. Looks to have been put away for this 'Win and you're in'.
11/2 Hills.
Jean Marple 3.45 has looked reluctant a couple of times, but JG usually knows when to apply the blinds. Frankie deigns to turn up for the ride.
11/1 Hills
+ a nice EWD.

Sunday morning Bet [Hong Kong]

8.10-Duke Wai

Each Way @ 6-1 [William Hill] 4 places

Karis Teetan takes the ride

Ascot 3:40

I like the look of Django Django for Jonjo O Neill and Nick Schofield. He won 1 chase from 4 chase starts in his first season as a chaser. The form of that race is decent with the third horse, Le Boizelo, subsequently winning afterwards. Overall from looking at his form, including hurdles form, I get the impression he's a talented horse, who could (and should) improve a significant amount from his first to second season over fences, so am happy to have Django Django on my side at big odds today.

Last edited:
It’s worth opposing both Cyrname and Vinndication in the Charlie Hall. There are enough doubts about both to find an alternative when they have the market between them. Cyrname has to put the right handed thing behind him, and is too short with such a major doubt hanging over him. Vindication has to bridge the gap from handicaps and may well be able to. Kim Bailey is also in form so he’d be the one to take from the two.

But there’s plenty of each way value, and I really like Aye Right. Thought good enough to contest the RSA he made two mistakes, one serious, but was still good enough to finish 5th. And with the benefit of a run already This season when touched off by Nuts Well that won the Old Roan last weekend, he’s an unexposed graded chaser with form worth having onside. I have him backed at bigger prices each way, but he’s still available at 14/1.

It’s worth opposing both Cyrname and Vinndication in the Charlie Hall. There are enough doubts about both to find an alternative when they have the market between them. Cyrname has to put the right handed thing behind him, and is too short with such a major doubt hanging over him. Vindication has to bridge the gap from handicaps and may well be able to. Kim Bailey is also in form so he’d be the one to take from the two.

But there’s plenty of each way value, and I really like Aye Right. Thought good enough to contest the RSA he made two mistakes, one serious, but was still good enough to finish 5th. And with the benefit of a run already This season when touched off by Nuts Well that won the Old Roan last weekend, he’s an unexposed graded chaser with form worth having onside. I have him backed at bigger prices each way, but he’s still available at 14/1.

Terrific run by Aye Right there

Good shout, Maruco. Ran really well.

Tomorrow's Colin Parker is usually worth watching.

I'm torn. Having been all over Imperial Aura like a rash at the festival, I also backed BUAS for the Arkle and will go to my grave blaming Tricky Dicky for costing it the race.

They're probably both 160+ horses waiting to happen (if they're not there already) and whichever is the most ready tomorrow will probably win. My gut says BUAS is a wee bit classier - I wouldn't have backed IA in the Arkle - but I'll hold off for tomorrow's BOGs before deciding. Coleman up instead of Johnson is a big plus for me.

I've taken 4s about Black Op for that. It's gonna be a gruelling race on the likely ground and he'll stay better than the two in front of him in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back