What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fab ride by McCoy on Dream Esteem got her to settle early after she ran away with Scudamore last time - and she hosed up .

Willie Mullins is some trainer. All 4 of the horses he's run for Wylie have won decent prizes, 3 of them go to Cheltenham and the other is towards the head of the market for the Grand National. Were they still with Johnson, they'd probably be placing at Newcastle, Carlisle and Hexham.

Can't wait till Mullins runs Back In Focus - he'll be some horse.

Last edited:
Indeed, and the rumour was that he was disappointed with his batch of ex Hojo horses when they turned up in Co Carlow

2.05 Greenlaw @ 8.4 is just about top on my figures..should trade a lot shorter before the off..and win:p

also fancy Gates Of Rome in the 2.55 Naas

Taunton 2:10 Valdan e/way - I think 28/1 e/way looks massive - value bet in a poor field - travelled well l/t/o before freikishly unseating rider at a path - most of the good horses in the race look to out of love with the game - this horse still a battling spirit after losing his rider.

Taunton 2:10 Valdan e/way - I think 28/1 e/way looks massive - value bet in a poor field - travelled well l/t/o before freikishly unseating rider at a path - most of the good horses in the race look to out of love with the game - this horse still a battling spirit after losing his rider.

2.10 Taunton 1st 8 Small Fly (IRE) 9-2 2nd 1 American Cricket (IRE) 10-3 3rd 9 Valdan (IRE) 28-1
:)
well done

8.40 Kempton
Ducal v She Aint A Saint

William Hill bet 5/6 each of 2 in this match bet but I really fancy Ducal (11/4f) to come home in front of SAAS (6/1). Current Betfair prices 3.95 v 8.8, 5/6 seems a gift.

6.40 Perfect Fantasy ..decently bred in context of the oppo here...
should be about evens here imo..but trades at 3.75 at the mo.

got little to beat here in heartsong & el mcglynn...the biggest danger would be yarra valley but even that one looks to need a stiffer test than this on breeding

decent bet for me

Kempton 8:40 I’m riskinga small e/way on Decimate 25/1 or bigger.. As a 2yo in his first race over 5f he was 10L behind Zebedee who went on to be rated(103) but also in that race Decimate was 3L in front of Russian Ice(topweight tonight) giving him 9lb – he’s 16lb better off with that horse tonight although it is 2yrs later and 2f further.
As a 3yo after a break of 16months he was btn 5L over 5f , running on behind Eshoog (65), but probably in need of the run.
He then came out over 6f where he finished 3rd behind Ziraun & Question Times (96) where he kept on inside the final furlong – Ziraun then ran in a listed race btn less than 4L behind fillies rated, 97 – 105 – 103 – 98 & 97 so it was no fluke she had just got the better of Question Times (96) her previous race, Decimate was 1 1/2L behind Ziraun, keeping on. That was 5 months ago now Decimate appears here over 7f off a mark of 70.

At the odds I see it as a value e/way bet – if he runs anywhere near the form of his last race he would easily win. It’s a big if and a fun, value e/way bet imo.

Kempton 8:10 Brouhaha - I'm told this is expected to give the fav F.I.M.N a race tonight.

6.40 Perfect Fantasy ..decently bred in context of the oppo here...
should be about evens here imo..but trades at 3.75 at the mo.

got little to beat here in heartsong & el mcglynn...the biggest danger would be yarra valley but even that one looks to need a stiffer test than this on breeding

decent bet for me

Top stuff EC1 👏

EC1
You clearly put the work in and not a little thinking. Cracking stuff, Old Bean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back