What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long way home from the back of the last at Haydock, isn’t it? Commodore also off the front-end throughout, and maybe just got tired.

Our Power has already shown improvement this season so I have left the ‘nov’ tag off his mark but it might still apply and with the stable in much better from than this time last month when he reappeared I will be backing him for this. Umbrigado also merits a bet since he’s top rated, ahead of the norm for the race and the yard tends to target certain valuable races here.

Not much going my way so far. Our Power's mistake early in the straight must have taken a fair bit out of him. Umbrigado lost ground and momentum at the last. No complaints about the winner; he was a 'p P?' on my ratings so not out of calculations but you can't back 'em all!

Not much going my way so far. Umbrigado lost ground and momentum at the last

Umbrigado was coming to win the race, made a beautiful jump at the 3rd last only to run right into the faller on the floor. Checked back lost about 3 Lengths momentum, rallied....very unlucky.

Third Wind and Relegate were fourth and fifth respectively in the Pertemps Final, the finish of which was dominated by Irish horses except Third Wind. It should be very close here again and if both are trying both will probably be placed at worst. Much was made of the ride Relegate got that day but Third Wind spent most of the race behind her and made his move sooner. He’s maybe got the more scope for improvement so he gets the saver nomination. I’ve backed Main Fact for both the Champion Hurdle (66/1) and Stayers’ Hurdle (50/1) as there is simply no way of knowing when and where his steep curve will plateau. If he wins this he’ll go up at least 5lbs. If he hacks up it could be 10lbs which will take him into the same ball park as last season’s principals and improvement beyond that would take him closer to Paisley park. He is the main bet.

That's better :)

Finding it hard to get a decent winner of late and had given up on Main Fact when they jumped the last. Incredible! Well done the young lad to have the confidence to hold up the challenge until such a late stage.

The chances are Twiston-Davies will have this as Bristol De Mai’s Gold Cup and if he’s at his peak, which I don’t think he was in this race last year, he could jump them into submission. I might just watch the race but if I do have a bet it will be him.

Late decision to take 5/2 paid off. Great to watch the old boy serve to 'em.

My strongest bet of the day is First Flow in the 2m handicap chase at Ascot (9/2 in a couple of spots).

Trip and ground are perfect for him, and Kim Bailey continues to be in flying form.

Great shout. I was one of those who thought it wouldn’t be soft enough and some scruffy jumping early made me feel glad to have left him alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a soft spot for First Flow from his run before the Supreme but left him alone today due to the ground. Well done Grassy.

First Flow and Song For Someone, Grasshopper! Brilliant stuff. Hope you doubled them.

No double on those, DO, but healthy-enough singles (Main Fact too), and the tricast in the Snow Leopardess race, so a very handy day all round.

LIT cost me a treble with SFS and Notebook, but you can’t have it all, I suppose.

Do many mares go back into racing after having a foal like Snow Leopardess and does anyone know why this has happened?

I’ve backed Main Fact for both the Champion Hurdle (66/1) and Stayers’ Hurdle (50/1) as there is simply no way of knowing when and where his steep curve will plateau. If he wins this he’ll go up at least 5lbs. If he hacks up it could be 10lbs which will take him into the same ball park as last season’s principals and improvement beyond that would take him closer to Paisley park.

Main Fact now 25/1 tops for the Stayers' Hurdle and as short as 14/1 in a place. I think he'll go up 8lbs for today to 155 but I'll firm up that idea in a couple of days. It will be interesting to see how he deals with the Cheltenham hill.

He was impressive today but ouch, optimally he'd be a year older. If they all get there
Sire Du Berlais
Fury Road
Thyme Hill
Mcfabulous

It'll be a much better renewal than last season's

Roksana is targeting it now too. The trial on Hennessy weekend looks like a belter as well with most of them turning up.

Three of those were novices last year though. I personally never take ratings into account in that scenario. Not since Peddlers Cross was fav over Sprinter Sacre for the Arkle until the Christmas of that particular season because he had a higher OR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back