What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they're entitled to improve into their second season but Main Fact is likely to be rated higher than them come Tuesday and has already shown his curve is steep.

If somebody offered you 50/1 right now wouldn't you be tempted?

Nice shout with Main Fact Maurice. Given our selections I did the reverse forecast that paid more than I expected.

Cheers, Maruco.

I was genuinely tempted to try the forecast too but am trying to build up my tank having been forced into betting small amounts due to my eyes and avoiding multiples that served me well when I was well ahead.

I'm pleased with how my ratings and interpretations of them are going at the moment but it's a long road ahead. If I'd done a forecast today it would probably have been Capeland/Marracudja and they got caught up in a pace that collapsed.

Yes, they're entitled to improve into their second season but Main Fact is likely to be rated higher than them come Tuesday and has already shown his curve is steep.

If somebody offered you 50/1 right now wouldn't you be tempted?

Plenty to like about Main Fact’s form chances in a Stayers, but he’s been on the go a long time now, and you’d be wanting them to stick him away soon. The yard would need to try and resist the temptation of keeping going with him, if they’re serious about a Cheltenham bid. He’s had 10 runs this calendar year, and would surely benefit from being freshened-up again.

The other note of caution is that he seems heavily dependent on deep ground, and that isn’t exactly the norm during Festival week.

Last edited:
It seems he does nothing away from the track so a race every so often seems no big deal. His Flat wins would be no more than training gallops given his rating and it was 252 days back to his last hurdles race.

He's a freak.

It's highly unusual for any horse to win 9 races in a row, let alone nine handicaps. Has any horse ever won nine handicaps in a row before?

I'm not convinced he needs very deep ground either. A couple of his wins on 'heavy' produced times more in keeping with good-to-soft ground.

I'll worry about the weather nearer the time but I've never said Main Fact will win the Stayers' Hurdle. I just backed him in the belief his ability was seriously under-rated by the market.

Do many mares go back into racing after having a foal like Snow Leopardess and does anyone know why this has happened?

We had a mare , Shesha Bear, at our yard for a while who was the dam of Pasaka Boy, who won the Epsom sprint amongst other races. Anyway, she had foaled him but it was a very difficult pregnancy and he was a red bag delivery, and the whole experience took a lot out of her so they decided to put her back in training, where she has some success for another couple of seasons. She left us when in foal again to go to the National Stud as she had a date booked with Dick Turpin, and was thought they could handle any complications better than where she was, which was perfectly fair.
Is She Diesel is another one that had time out to have a foal and went back into training more recently. 2017 season she had a very good year on the track so maybe they thought good time to put her in foal?

It seems he does nothing away from the track so a race every so often seems no big deal. His Flat wins would be no more than training gallops given his rating and it was 252 days back to his last hurdles race.

He's a freak.

It's highly unusual for any horse to win 9 races in a row, let alone nine handicaps. Has any horse ever won nine handicaps in a row before?

I'm not convinced he needs very deep ground either. A couple of his wins on 'heavy' produced times more in keeping with good-to-soft ground.

I'll worry about the weather nearer the time but I've never said Main Fact will win the Stayers' Hurdle. I just backed him in the belief his ability was seriously under-rated by the market.

If you rate Main Fact as highly as you do Maurice, the second in the race paid a huge compliment to the winner of this seasons Stayers.

You probably didn’t rate the Thursday of the Festival because of your eye issues, but you may want to go back and do it, and I suspect you’ll draw the same conclusion.

If you rate Main Fact as highly as you do Maurice, the second in the race paid a huge compliment to the winner of this seasons Stayers.

You probably didn’t rate the Thursday of the Festival because of your eye issues, but you may want to go back and do it, and I suspect you’ll draw the same conclusion.

Yes, Maruco, I already did during the summer when my eyes were working for a spell. I went very high (thought I'd emailed you) with the Pertemps Final, which was why I was keen to have yesterday's runner-up onside.

I also think LO is better than he really got credit for at the time because the race most definitely fell apart but that wasn't his fault.

However I do have SDB on a higher mark than LO and SDB is on the kind of curve that could take him alongside Paisley Park's best form. SDB gave TW roughly a 18/19lbs beating while MF gave him an 8lbs beating (ignoring Gillard's allowance) so SDB's current advantage is obvious. However, MF is improving rapidly and I felt worth getting on my side at 50/1 before yesterday's race.

Other than something from last year's Ballymore or Albert Bartlet coming on this season, SDB strikes me as the most likely winner of the Stayers' Hurdle at this stage but he isn't 50/1. :lol:

McFabulous and Main Fact are the wildcards, and Thyme Hill and Fury Road represent the Bartlett form. That 50/1 is a lovely voucher to be holding I agree.

I did my ratings the weekend after the Festival and backed Sire de Berlais immediately at 16/1. My rating was good enough to win most Stayers Hurdles of the last decade.

One bet today which is Ajero to turn over the Henderson odds-on poke in the first at Kempton

Stable couldn’t be in better form and hopefully they go from the front again in typical David Bass fashion, as seemed to settle him down last time

One bet today which is Ajero to turn over the Henderson odds-on poke in the first at Kempton

Stable couldn’t be in better form and hopefully they go from the front again in typical David Bass fashion, as seemed to settle him down last time

Yes, I’m with you for a reduced stake, though, as Henderson thinks a lot of his.

Mariance 5.30K looks to have improved for the 7th furlong; simply didn't handle the dip at Newmarket.
General 16/1 will do nicely.

Hi I am not sure if this is where you post selections but If not someone can shift or delete this.
Southwell Friday 27 Nov
The fav for this race is sky power about evens it may well win however lto it was beaten by out of form zabeel star 33/1 who was up in grade and the form doesn't look strong the horses in behind it were not strong either.
The second fav notation 5/2 flopped last time out but that was second run after comeback win and 2f too far and on soft.
Time before beat a fair horse and had consistent Mr carbonator 13l behind so must have a good chance.

Back here with a rest , over 2f less it may be a different proposition
The rest look out of form
Selection
Notation 5/2 bet365

Right place TCM; welcome to the forum.

Slomo 11.35S showed plenty of speed , to lead from the outside draw at Wolves, but couldn't maintain over the stiffer 6 at Southwell.
Today's furlong shorter maybe right up his street.
7/1 B365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back