What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win patent for me tomorrow.

Jockey Danny Hand has two good rides in Ireland. I've done these two with a horse at Southwell.

Down Royal

1:15 Nodoubtaboutthat
1:45 Monstrosity

Southwell

2:15 Loulin

Good luck Marb. :)

Last edited:
2.05 Exeter
Trans Express has won the last 3 editions of this in 2016. 2017, and 2018. The meeting was abandoned last year before this race.

A decent second here last time gives the impression of a plot and he may just have been let in lightly off 108 (last winning mark 119)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers fellas. Shame I missed the 5/1 that was available early doors

A shame I didn't back it either given I guarantee that I was the first person ever to mention Trans Express on a British racing forum about three to four years ago.

I might of even said he was the best handicapped hurdler in training once.

Well done nevertheless - you can keep the bragging rights no todays performance, Viking. :)

Last edited:
Silly question: friend who comes racing with me twice a year and picks names such as Paisley Park and Thistlecrack because she is a Scot, was supposed to be coming on Saturday to Ascot for one of the twice a year outings, and I had commented about a perceived ridiculous price on a runner from the yard where my horse is. Today she has tried to go the bookies and put on a bet, which they wouldn't take as saying they had no prices, but there are prices on the SL website ( which is why she rushed to get bet on when I told her price he is today) . I don't understand, when they have declared for a 'major' race they are claiming no prices but the race cards are showing prices? I admit I don't bet very much if at all, but I told her to put a £5 each way on for me at the price being quoted on the race cards, so why can't we get a bet on? Also been told just fyi that they will be open on Saturday ( we're now tier 3 ) but can only put a bet on, not watch the race, not allowed. If we/I had an online account could we get a bet on? 66s being quoted. Don't think for one min he can win but ground/distance/in good form...if not in it etc...each way worth a shot in that ground.... :)

Supreme Trial There has been loads of money for Soaring Glory who many say he would have won at Wetherby but fell 2 out.
He looked to be going just as well against Simonsig's half brother at Newbury who was under some pressure 2 out at Newbury
but couldn't live with Dusart when the chips were down...he did pull away from the 3rd but No Ordinary Joe apparently would murder Dusart for Speed

you're taking a gamble that he jumps as well as he looks. If he does you can say goodbye to 33/1 for the Supreme proper I would get on now

Some money coming for No Ordinary Joe was 7/2 now 0/30 I expect him to hack up despite the tough opposition

Last edited:
Have you tried installing Modbro on your android if you have one G-G?

Search Racing TV and you can watch the race live or at least about 1 min behind if reception is ok...

Last edited:
I am completely untechnical :( I have managed to get into my Skybet which is offering 40s but bottom of the screen won't scroll up and so can't place it but would be tempted to wait and see if can get 66s. We are planning to take the dog for an afternoon to coincide with the race...........it will be on ITV but if we're taking the dog out, might coincide route with the crossing at the top of Ascot High Street to wish him luck on his way over :) Thank you though.

Last edited:
Often have the same problem, GG - usually solved by expanding the screen (Top RH corner, if you're in doubt).

Last edited:
Thai Terrier 7.45W Challenged for the lead for the whole trip from his wide draw latest, and was nutted by one ridden out the back. Fully expect him to reverse that form, with first-time pieces fitted.
7/1 generally.

Have had a pop at Zyon (5/1) in the opener at Ascot.

He is clearly fragile, but there’s reason to believe from the limited form he has on offer, that he’s got in lightly here off 124.

For tomorrow.

1.50 Ascot - Bennys King
3.00 Ascot - The Conditional
3.35 Ascot - Benson

(Might **** Benson off now, JPs yoke Time Flies By is a nice horse, just not sure when it’s on or off. Handicap debut tomorrow, and a post in the will win section from Slim is giving me doubts on Benson now)

Good luck tomorrow, Double.

I'll have a bet on Pop Rockstar at Haydock in the Tommy Whittle tomorrow, it might out run the odds.

Isolate has drifted in the betting for the 3.35 at Ascot, so I'm not massively confident now. I should have done it each way.

Last edited:
I've done 4 tomorrow but I'm still on the cold list.
Kid commando 335a 16/1
Quarenta 300a 6/1
The jam man 225a 25/1
Salty boy 240h 16/1

Queens Course 12.50L ran a cracker, lto over c/d but has it to do on the ratings. However, she's improving and looks more capable than the other 3, over track and trip.
13/2 B365

1.50 Ascot
Drumcliff is reunited with Aine O’Connor who’s 2 from 3 on this horse. Not the most reliable but ran well last time here not quite seeing the trip out. 9/1 seems a fair price with the stable going pretty well

1.50 Ascot
Drumcliff is reunited with Aine O’Connor who’s 2 from 3 on this horse. Not the most reliable but ran well last time here not quite seeing the trip out. 9/1 seems a fair price with the stable going pretty well

Not on a going day like everything else I backed today. Benson ffs [emoji2959]

Duke Of Firenze 3.45S appears to have found a new lease of life on the Fibresand lto, and is only raised 3lb today.
7/1 Skybet - 4places.

Boxing day:
Intuitive 3.30W had a wind op in February, and didn't see a racecourse again until last month. Given he's usually a pace horse, I'm assuming his hold-up ride then, was a tryout for his breathing and the first-time visor. Finished well that day, from a poor position, and expect him to show the benefit in this.
6/1 B365

The Kauto Star has attracted a decent field but someone should tell Shan Blue he's a novice because when stepped up to 3 miles by hell did he come of age............

7/4 is stealing money and if there's a better 3 mile plus novice chaser out there he won't be after tomorrow

Future Gold Cup winner?? not even in the betting at the festival ?????? am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back