What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kauto Star has attracted a decent field but someone should tell Shan Blue he's a novice because when stepped up to 3 miles by hell did he come of age............

7/4 is stealing money and if there's a better 3 mile plus novice chaser out there he won't be after tomorrow

Future Gold Cup winner?? not even in the betting at the festival ?????? am I missing something?

Yes you are missing something. He's been in the RSA betting for weeks. Mainly 25's although showing as blue on betfair.

The Kauto Star has attracted a decent field but someone should tell Shan Blue he's a novice because when stepped up to 3 miles by hell did he come of age............

7/4 is stealing money and if there's a better 3 mile plus novice chaser out there he won't be after tomorrow

Future Gold Cup winner?? not even in the betting at the festival ?????? am I missing something?

Erm. Monkfish.

As tough as Monkfish looks I reckon he'll have problems with the fences and undulation of Cheltenham. He seems to me to get that little to close to his fences I certainly will be opposing him....he lost the plot when the pace increased in the Spa hurdle and made 3 horrific errors which should worry anyone

Yes you are missing something. He's been in the RSA betting for weeks. Mainly 25's although showing as blue on betfair.

What price if he hacks up in the Kauto....4/1? The reason he went blue on Betfair is shrewd punters looking to back to lay for a few quid

As tough as Monkfish looks I reckon he'll have problems with the fences and undulation of Cheltenham. He seems to me to get that little to close to his fences I certainly will be opposing him....he lost the plot when the pace increased in the Spa hurdle and made 3 horrific errors which should worry anyone

Interesting. My main school of thought, in terms of why I backed Shan Blue, is that we should never be scared of one horse in a race like this.

Surely more often than not something comes through to become a challenger like Shan Blue if he can win tomorrow.

Well see tomorrow. Good luck.

What price if he hacks up in the Kauto....4/1? The reason he went blue on Betfair is shrewd punters looking to back to lay for a few quid

A lot go blue on the end of Ante-post market day!

Some go blue because they are backed prior to a forthcoming event!

When people bail out of their selling price and the price contracts with what's left, it can look to others as if it is being backed too!

Last edited:
Boxing day:
Intuitive 3.30W had a wind op in February, and didn't see a racecourse again until last month. Given he's usually a pace horse, I'm assuming his hold-up ride then, was a tryout for his breathing and the first-time visor. Finished well that day, from a poor position, and expect him to show the benefit in this.
6/1 B365
:) Gave the field a 5l start, and still finished 3rd (8/1). Happy with that.

Moonlight In Paris (3.35W) dotted up over this c/d latest, but Toronado Queen wasn't far behind her, after suffering an unlucky trip.
Has ew chance @ current 10/1 - B365.

Can't resist a small ew on Glendevon 4.40W. Fitted with a tongue-tie by his new trainer, latest and unlucky not to finish a deal closer than he did. Only 5yo, but has been a 3 figure horse in his time, and if the TT does its stuff a 2nd time, looks a reasonable punt @20/1 (B365).

Price difference between CPS and Notebook too big this morning. Got 9/2 on the latter.
I'd make Appreciate It shorter than 2s for the big NH and I've put him in a double with Fury Road
Dunvegan ew 6 pl in the Paddy Power

A long term project perhaps but I'm hoping that Discordantly justifies an ew bet in the 2.55 @ 12/1.

Maybe I’m losing the plot, but I fancy Global Citizen to win the Desert Orchid at 28/1.

I had a good look at it too because it seems to produce its best form on a flat track such as this one but he has a lot to find even on his best form and allowing 10lbs improvement. I opted out.

Instead I went for a double without the hotpots: Elusive Belle 3/1 and Sceau Royal 15/8.

Altior evens now. Actually the under priced one in this is DDG. Flattered at Cheltenham lto Bun Doran beat him in this last year. Laying for 2places

[/QUOTEA long term project perhaps but I'm hoping that Discordantly justifies an ew bet in the 2.55 @ 12/1.

Gave it a better go than Rogue Vif did. Not my best day racing

I've done my form study for tomorrow. Its been a good two or three weeks for me which started with Chatham Street Lad.

I'm awaiting prices on these three tomorrow. I'm going to chance my luck on a good win patent.

Limerick 1:05 Rock On Barmey, (hoping for odds against).

Newbury 1.30 Dickie River... 2.05 The Cob

All win

I'd be delighted if I can get 6/4 or bigger later mate.

I feel like doing a £20 win patent which will cost £140. A few doubles and a little treble for good measure. I'll probably blow £250 altogether.

I just hope it's my lucky day tomorrow. I don't usually bet these stakes but I want to strike while the irons red hot.

Last edited:
It was after trawling through some u.k formlimes which is how I found him.

Subjective stuff though. He could get beat, although I feel he can win. It wouldn't be the first time a horse has dissapointed me though..

Newbury 1.30 Dickie River... 2.05 The Cob

All win

These two have shortened up about a point a piece respectively. I feel its especially informative to see the early money for the Nicky Henderson /JP Mcmanus owned horse.

This doesn't necessarily mean it'll win but it's a good sign for a horse having its first start in a handicap chase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back