What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm awaiting prices on these three tomorrow. I'm going to chance my luck on a good win patent.

Limerick 1:05 Rock On Barmey, (hoping for odds against).

Newbury 1.30 Dickie River... 2.05 The Cob

All win

Got on a 10 pound win patent. That's plenty enough.

Shite, I was due a couple shite losers anyway.

Hopefully The Cob can get me a few coins back.

If he can manage to win I'm sticking the lot on Amateur in the race after.

Last edited:
Shite, I was due a couple shite losers anyway.

Hopefully The Cob can get me a few coins back.

If he can manage to win I'm sticking the lot on Amateur in the race after.

:(

Last edited:
That's a shame, Moe.

I've had a great couple of weeks truth be told. I'm probably 2-3K up overall. I had a cheeky 4 winners out of 5 on a lucky 31 on Boxing Day.

If Lostintranslation had won the big one I would have netted 9.5K for a 15.50p bet. I had to settle for a grand instead. That pretty much sums up my luck over Christmas.

I could probably go on the chase on itv and win a few quid with the luck I've been in.

Good old fashioned good luck.

I'd rather be a lucky punter than a clever punter any day.

Probably wise to go easy now for a few weeks or days until I spot a horse worth betting.

I'm listening to the Southampton game now. I had 100 on them out my winnings for a top four finish this season. I think they're an improved side.

They can definately get in the top six but the odds of 4/1 weren't worth betting to wait four months to find out.

So I took double figure odds on a top four finish instead.

Do you have any tips, Moe?

Last edited:
El Hombre 2.25W ceded a SMS colt 5l start in a hot c/d race in early October, yet still ran well enough to beat the rest. Showed he's in similar form with a fast finishing 3rd at Lingfield latest, and looks a decent wager at the current 6/1

Having another football bet today but it doesn't qualify for the longshot thread.

Once again I find myself taking out some sickness insurance against Celtic dropping points in the Premiership. Today's visitors are Dundee Utd who really should have taken something off Stevie G's mob recently.

Arabs' manager Micky Mellon said after that game, "They got a string of little decisions that influenced how the game went." Such has been the case all season (the Ibrox side is the only one in the country that hasn't had a penalty awarded against them in the league, which is no wonder when you see the stonewaller they got away with the other day) and one of the main reasons the Govan Galacticos are riding high in the league.

Celtic won't get any such favours from the masons in the black this afternoon and Mellon will be looking to park a couple of buses to thwart our attack.

Celtic, I have to say, have looked much better in recent games and the return of Griffiths to the attack has given us a spark we have been lacking for ages. Even French Eddy was working his socks off just deeper than him the other day, producing his best show in months.

We had double-figure shots on goal in the first half the other day and really should have been four or five in front at the break. We hit the post twice in the game and worked the keeper often. A repeat will see a comfortable three-points secured but it's never as easy as that with this Celtic side this season and the establishment's 'stop-the-ten' campaign has been playing its part.

The best odds going about the draw and the Utd win are better than just laying Celtic so that is my play for today but obviously I'm looking for a goalfest in our favour.

Decent couple of contests at Punchestown today. I've backed Longhouse Poet now he's over a trip and I'd make Darasso fave in the 2.05. He's been over faced recently and this race is more his bag.

Nicky Henderson sends 1 and Nico travels to Sandown for 1 ride on Saturday. 3pm - Gold Present.

Considering his yards apparently on lockdown but that’s the only horse at first glance he’s sending is maybe something to take notice of.

Not looked at the race yet, was just about to and that stuck out like a sore thumb on first look. Currently 14/1

Edit. Too giddy to soon. See he has Valtor there as well.

Last edited:
I thought Brahma Bull was very considerately-handled behind Minello Indo at Navan, and give him a right squeak against ABP tomorrow - 15/2 taken.

Last edited:
A couple of fancies at Musselburgh tomorrow.

Musselburgh

1.55 Rosie And Millie has that good placed form behind Nicky Henderson's Buzz, who was second behind Not So Sleepy a little while ago. I think Rosie And Millie can go close here.

2.30 You have to dig deep right back in Racing Pulse's career form to understand why, albeit after an average return to fences the last day after point to pointing, that he actually raced off a mark of 139 over fences once upon a time, so could be well weighted here. If he's in decent form at home he can run into a place at a bare minimum.

Last edited:
I hope Sandown and Exeter are definately on tomorrow.

Always like giving the veterans chase a watch.

Nicky Henderson sends 1 and Nico travels to Sandown for 1 ride on Saturday. 3pm - Gold Present.

Considering his yards apparently on lockdown but that’s the only horse at first glance he’s sending is maybe something to take notice of.

Not looked at the race yet, was just about to and that stuck out like a sore thumb on first look. Currently 14/1

Edit. Too giddy to soon. See he has Valtor there as well.

Valtor 13/2 from 14/1 while Gold Present drifts out in price.

3.00 Sandown
Burtons Well 16/1 (5 places Hills) can outrun these odds. Won in February in first time cheekpieces and Venetia goes for blinkers today hoping they can do a similar trick. Hopefully his poor effort first time out was just needing the run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck, Viking. I took 20/1 on it last night, in to 12s.

Last edited:
Going well Martin - you run hot this time of year !

I love these Vet chases too, cant bring myself to back Crosspark again a 4th time so gone for strong pursuit

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

3.00 Sandown
Burtons Well 16/1 (5 places Hills) can outrun these odds. Won in February in first time cheekpieces and Venetia goes for blinkers today hoping they can do a similar trick. Hopefully his poor effort first time out was just needing the run

Well that didn’t last very long [emoji3525]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back