What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers, BoS.

As I said, it's something I used to do when it was a 10-side division and was quite affordable. It happened quite often back then too.

One three-draw 'round' tended to pay at least 50/1, which paid for 5 weeks' punts if I stuck to trebles. I made a fair wee bit but gave up when they switched to 12 teams.

He may be a short price but not short of talent Everyday Champagne I am told ...huge confidence from the yard the 2/1 was snatched up immediately.and I got a knock back offered 6/4 so will watch the market for a drift

365 have gone 18s Samcro Ryanair, and are 20s Aba for the Champion Hurdle. Ive each way doubled them again.

Either serious value or im seriously deluded. Could make an argument for both

365 have gone 18s Samcro Ryanair, and are 20s Aba for the Champion Hurdle. Ive each way doubled them again.

Either serious value or im seriously deluded. Could make an argument for both

They still haven't gone NRNB which I am very surprised at, not like them to be this far behind their rivals. Are they waiting for clarity about the Irish horses being able to travel I wonder.

They still haven't gone NRNB which I am very surprised at, not like them to be this far behind their rivals. Are they waiting for clarity about the Irish horses being able to travel I wonder.

They’d refund any anyway id imagine, and always offer cash out options. (Saved me a few quid) is unusual though. Skybet haven’t gone NRNB yet either i don’t think. Though their odds in comparison are usually garbage

Just think these 2 are massively overpriced.

Exeter

2.45 Miss Honey Ryder could still be fairly handicapped.

3.45 In Arrears is showing all blue on oddschecker. It'll be a big positive if this continues overnight to tomorrow. Knowing the volatility of modern day betting markets he'll probably drift to 40/1 before the off, but as I said, he's well supported in the early betting and he's not without a good each way chance.

Edit, Fakenham off.

Last edited:
Outbox 6.10w
6/1 Hills & Sky.
Another lemon.:thumbsdown:
Anyone who believes jockey doesn't make much difference, ought to watch the replay.
The much vaunted Holly Doyle kicked on early, an didn't last home, while Joe Fanning (one of the best pace judges in the business) actually took a pull around 3 down before nutting the fav on the line.
Not just pocket talk either, but a salutary to those who hold that jockeys don't matter.

They matter more in flat racing than top jumps races.

More split second decisions going faster over shorter distances.

A jockey can make a mistake in a jumps race while making amends. A jockey makes a tactical mistake in a flat race its game over.

Last edited:
Agree, Marb - while pace has a bearing on some NH races, putting figures on it is akin to plaiting fog, imho.

Question for the more well informed. Fletch: 6YO, Kayf Tara gelding, finish 3rd in 2.15 Ex, beaten out of sight. His pedigree (as far as I can see) is unremarkable, 2 non-winning brothers. Never ran in a P2P.

Yet: He was sold at the Derby sales in 2018 for €250K.

Why would you value this animal at this price and think it a good idea to send him to Olly M? I'm just interested in the decision process.

Question for the more well informed. Fletch: 6YO, Kayf Tara gelding, finish 3rd in 2.15 Ex, beaten out of sight. His pedigree (as far as I can see) is unremarkable, 2 non-winning brothers. Never ran in a P2P.

Why would you value this animal at this price and think it a good idea to send him to Olly M? I'm just interested in the decision process.

Mrs Hester has more money than sense, bought some muck over the years and Skelton or Murphy training them.

I don't have the answer but I do have a 2011 Mazda 3 with only 50k miles on the clock which she can have for a quarter of that sum...

[emoji1787] just realized, am a day behind but would have gone with selections from memory of them .....am a winner already as not lost [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Christophe Soumillon is having a good stint in Hong Kong and got a chance today on...

1.45-Naboo Star

Each Way @ 9-2 [Paddy Power]

Wise Eagle 2.55. I’d love Adam to have a winner with only his third runner since taking out a licence!

He ran well this day coming from the back. The horse of Ben Paulings that battled back to win, Apple Rock, is entered this Friday, so I'm just posting this a reminder to myself, with a view to backing Apple Rock this Friday. He looks an interesting type in his own right. They pulled 11 lengths clear of the third horse and Apple Rock successfully gave Dubai Guest a stone in weight while prevailing. If Dubai Guest is a horse to follow Apple Rock must be followed too.

Apple Rock declared for Friday as Ffos Las off a Fair mark of 110. There's 16 runners confirmed with a few in decent form, so we should get a fair price about Apple Rock nearer racetime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back