What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7.00 Kempton

Red Orator can make all the running here imo

Munificence would be a doubtful stayer even though has a 12f dam..the sire stats at 11f+ on the AW read 1/53 with an AE of 0.23..no help with stamina from him

the other two don't look good enough imo

Joeseph Lister was never happy at Ascot but he's a very good horse and should hack up back at Huntingdon. Nicky has 3 at the other meeting but I won't be getting involved unless it's reflected in the betting that the Hobbs horse looks to be needing the race then I may also back Owen Glendower for a few quid.

I'll be laying All the Aces, to say he has disappointed would be something of an undertatement, he ran a shocker last time and this is no more than suck it and see and hope he stays. Failed to stay 14f on the flat so the odds are stacked against him but he wouldn't be winning any Grade1 2 milers so he leaves them with no option but to try.

Brave Alliance is 7lbs better of with All Annalena for 7 lengths so I suppose they had to have a go but Lucy Wadham's mare refused to settle last time and ran so free most horses would have have folded by halfway.

Hopefully the run will have knocked some of the keeness out of her. I really like this mare, she looks different class to the Henderson horse and I think she'll win with ease and go on to better things.

Alan King's entry is virtually a winner without apenalty and could be a danger getting 7lbs but she'll have to be awfully good to beat this one.

All Annalena (Nap)
Joeseph Lister

The Williams horse Veratan could be absolutely anything on his first start over here and you might want a saver on a r.forecast with Joseph Lister fella IMHO. But what do I know!

They're already backing it on the machine.

Last edited:
Backing Spoil Me in the 2:00 Huntingdon today - handicap debutant for Jonjo who was given a ridiculously easy ride LTO over CD against some very useful opposition, Richie McLernon didn't pick his stick up at all in the straight yet the horse ran on in very eyecatching fashion into fourth. He again takes the ride for his girlfriends parents and this looks worth a bet at 17/2 with Betfred.

Martin

Joeseph Lister was never happy at Ascot but he's a very good horse and should hack up back at Huntingdon. Nicky has 3 at the other meeting but I won't be getting involved unless it's reflected in the betting that the Hobbs horse looks to be needing the race then I may also back Owen Glendower for a few quid.

Joeseph Lister

I've been told Mr Hooper is expected to go in today :ninja: makes it interesting :D - good luck

Lizzies Dream 6:00 Wolve - I make it that he's 22lb better off for 2 1/2L behind Canadian Danehill L/T/O over C/D with jockeys claims included, on 20th Jan in what looked a very decent time - surely the race is his for the taking.

Two for Dundalk tonight:- Both skinny enough EW guesses.

Rocky's Pride 7:20 - turned around in blinkers has won his last two like two others in the field but with less fuss. Front runners are getting more of a look in recently here and this fella has done it from bad draws the hard way. Visually, to me he has a little up his sleeve as he seems to only do enough in front. At 6/1 I think he represents a decent EW sting in a tough race and he hasn't been murdered by the handicapper.

Spin of a Coin 9:15 - Beat the favoutite getting 11lbs (including claim) last time with a bit to spare. 8 lbs worse tonight but the impression I got watching was that he was value for it and the step up in trip is likely to suit him at least as much as the favourite. Didn't think he would be 5/1 and cannot leave that go untouched. Again a very very tough race and no surprise if any of these won.

It has been a difficult time for punters in Dundalk I believe mainly due to the fact that these are running against each other every second week and the handicapper has them all well and truly sussed at this stage. The racing here since November has also been of a generally lesser grade which throws up its own anomolies.

Stay in by the wall and mind the buses.....:ninja:

The way I saw it, Johnny Murtagh is worth at least the 5lb the claimer took of Spin Of A Coin lto, which makes him only 3lb worse in.
Considering the way he ran all over Prince Of Fire without being asked a serious question, agree 5/1 is a daft price, and he looks a really solid wager.

Last edited:
Lizzies Dream 6:00 Wolve - I make it that he's 22lb better off for 2 1/2L behind Canadian Danehill L/T/O over C/D with jockeys claims included, on 20th Jan in what looked a very decent time - surely the race is his for the taking.

Well done - matched at massive prices on Betfair :blink:

When the ground is soft-heavy at Chepstow CD form gives those that have it a massive advantage. I have a real dislike for the place and personally wouldn't run a dokey there in testing conditions.

However find a horse who has won easily over the course and distance in testing ground and stick AP McCoy on it and you get the nearest thing to a racing certainty as you possibly can.

Teaforthree looks home and hosed but PN has now withdrawn Minella Stars so I can only hope the price isn't too skinny.

My wild bet of the week has to be Fiendish Flame. He may be as mad as a hatter with his let me at em attitude towards fences but he's a got enough talent to kick this lot of has beens into touch. Totally undersitimated at 23 on the machine.

Fascinated to see Jim Old running Round The Horn over fences for the first time at the age of 12. He thinks the world of this horse, who has very fragile legs and consequently very few miles on the clock.

Hard to fancy under race conditions, but have hardly ever seen an easier winner than when he sauntered home by 20 lengths at Towcester in appalling ground this time last year.

If he jumps and is nearing full fitness, could see him running a surprisingly good race

Despite Nicholls' poor form of late, I've had to have a bit on Michel Le Bon at 7s.

Prince De Beauchene £100 @ 3/1
Stormy Weather £275 @ 7/2
Fratellino £100 win @ 25

£50 ew Treble

New: 2:55 - Cue To Cue - Kent Street & Lady Bluesky - fun bet - 3singles comb f/c & tricasts.

Lady Bluesky n/r - 2singles and a r/f/c

Last edited:
Fratellino 2nd @ 25/1

Can't complain.

Need Stormy Weather and Prince De Beauchane to place for £1,000.

Chepstow 3:45 - Super Foreman e/way 12/1 - 6 runs at the track 5 on heavy 1-3-2-2-4-5, and has never run a bad race there - so hopefully more of the same today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back