What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton

4:10 The veteren Noverre To Go, Ginean and Strong Lightening have form which ties in with each other, I couldn't split them but prefer Langley Vale over those. Langley Vale is coming to this race in sparkling form.

Edit - Three non runners, bloody unbeleivable!

Last edited:
8.30 haydock. idder

max bet

4.3 taken..will shorten

other bet tonight...6.10 Newmarket. honey required..2.38 taken

Last edited:
Gone Dutch can score in the 2:05 at Ascot. Better race can bring out more in him, step up in trip may suit also. Looks on a fair mark. He is first reserve.

Last edited:
Had to give the Shergar Cup a mention.

Ascot have attracted riders Emma-Jayne Wilson (Canada)Olivier Peslier France, South African S'manga Khumalo, Top Japanese rider Yuichi Fukunaga, Germany's Stefanie Hofer who rode the Human Horse to help promote the event, Plus Ozzie Craig Williams who was already here, Mr Frankel-Tom Queally,Haley Turner to add a bit of glamour, Hughsie and the one and only man from Milan near Newmarket Frankie Dettori who's probably more popular than the rest put together.

There's no shortage of good riders but I can't say the same for the horses or the Prize money. There will no doubt be some funny results there today.

Personally I think anyone having more than 2 quid a race needs to pop along to Gamblers Anonymous and get help.:D

You could do worse and like me try and work out what will win the 2.20 at Haydock.

I've gone for Mark Johnstone's outsider of 2 Busatto

Ridden by Royston French last time I thought he set the horse up for a fall and was never going win. Beaten less than 2 lengths he's ran some race for a horse who was given a ride like a pacemaker. Perhaps that was the plan but he certainly wasn't given a waiting race from the front type of ride...it was pedal to the metal and the kick, to steal a few lengths, you might expect never came.

With Joe Fanning back on board I think it will make a huge difference to him and he'll at worse finish in front of stable companion Salutation.

Busatto 12/1

Lightning Thunder will go off at short odds today. She'd be long odds on if we are to believe her 1000 Guineas form. She went a long way to proving it was no fluke when running a good second in the Irish equivalent but then ran flat as a pancake at Ascot.

She's not a filly I would risk betting at short odds so I am going elsewhere.

John Gosden has thrown Solar Magic in at the deep end here her only previous win was at odds on in a maiden. She was backed like defeat was out of the question that day and never looked like not winning at any stage.

It wasn't a Wow! performance but you could see the potential is there. Owned by Cheveley Park Stud this isn't a case of an owner pushing a trainer and over facing a horse and John Gosden wouldn't run her if he thought she wasn't ready or good enough to run a big race.

I'd rather take my chances and back her ew than trust the favourite.

Solar Magic 13/2 ew

The best thing about jump racing is, they don't have a Shergar Cup. :mad:
I'll be backing SFA today, and if the oligeanous Nick Luck trys one more time to convince me it's the best thing to ever happen to horseracing, while absolutely oozing insincerity, I might just not have a TV to watch it on.

its been quite funny on will hill radio this week..each time subject came up there was a pause then each person made a positive comment about it

its obvious media are being told to hype it..when we wll know its not up to much

Gregorian (2.08 Deauv) has improved this season, and after disposing of Garswood without being asked a serious question, proceeded to run the race of his life when an unlucky 3rd in the July Cup.
With Viztoria regularly failing against the colts, and Aljhaameer unsuited by the likely ground, the general 4/1 looks pretty generous.

I'll have a few quid on that one Reet.......be as well let you pick them after yesterday :0)

Then I'm backing Gatewood for a JG double. Then have half the winnings on Diner at Midnight.

Sound like a plan if I/we get passed the first leg

Worst Group 1 of the season. Garswood ffs!

don't understand why you say that Euro..Garswood is OHR 117 horse at best..Sole Power ..best sprint horse..only rated similar...so in sprinting terms its well up to par

we know that sprinting G1's are lower class as its an unfashionable division

That 117 figure they came up with after the Foret last year when he was MONSTROUSLY flattered by his proximity to Moonlight Cloud.

He's a 113 beast tops.

Last edited:
Taking on the fav in the 3.45 at Windsor. Like the look of Amygdala back over six, travelled very strongly over seven last time.

Argot in Leicester 4:30 the was best I could find today.

The three market leaders are far from bombproof. The Balding horse stuffed at 1/2 two starts ago highlights this. Argot isn't bombproof himself but showed some turn of foot in first two starts, hasn't fired since but may have just needed the racing experience. Think he could cause an upset at around 8/1. Trainer is in a good bit of form, scoring with 11/4 and 14/1 shots a few days ago at Yarmouth.

Last edited:
Run Fat Lass Run nearly lands the spoils...roll on some proper racing at York...

Sam James has had 6 winners from 9 rides in August for David O'Meara. He has 3 rides at Thirsk today and while all 3 have chances, Innocently (7.00) has never raced on soft. The other 2, Sheriff Of Nawton (8.00) and Cagoule (8.30) are only 7/4 and 10/11 respectively but the double pays 4.25/1.

small bet on johnny sorrento at 12.5 in the 2.45..similar form to the fav on the AW run..and stables sprinters must be watched with them having that listed win abroad

cheers Del..playing anything today?

Sorry, was away. I'm going to look at the ground in ballinrobe before deciding on whether to back lindenhurst over hurdles. Wouldn't want it too soft. Looking at English meetings now. You fancy anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back