What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Pike (3.30) caught a tartar lto, but had plenty of decent, in-form horses in his wake, and looks to be still improving.
10/1 with 4 places looks well worth a go.

Doc Hay in the same race (18/1 ew). I didn't do the ratings but he's still lobbed in on his best form despite his penalty and if the move to O'Meara leads to his rejuvenation he could well win today and tomorrow.

Sorry, just went into the bookies online to see the race and couldn't understand why I didn't have access to the race video. I now see he was withdrawn mid-morning. At least I haven't 'tipped' a loser but can't see the race now.

Last edited:
4.50 Fakenham

A fair few negatives here with the exception of two horses, one of which doesn't win very often...so by process of elimination the most likely winner is certainly Midnight Charmer.

Should be 6/4 imo but false 2nd fav Alright Benny makes the price a bit better.

3.6 taken

luvly

4.50 Fakenham

A fair few negatives here with the exception of two horses, one of which doesn't win very often...so by process of elimination the most likely winner is certainly Midnight Charmer.

Should be 6/4 imo but false 2nd fav Alright Benny makes the price a bit better.

3.6 taken

luvly

You the Man !

Cheers, Chopper, I knew he was engaged both days and expected him to run in both races.

Was any reason given for his withdrawal today?

Regal Encore (4.10 Chep) won his race here before his 2nd in the Champion Bumper, and always looked a horse who'd need further than 2m over jumps, so his subsequent Imperial Cup 4th promised well for his future. Thought well enough handicapped to send for a 50k race at Punchestown, he ran well for a long way before disappointing in his finish.
The tongue tie he wears today suggests they've identified the problem, and the return to 2.5m over this stiff track and that AP chooses to ride him on his return from injury augurs well for his chances.

(Apologies Tiggers - hadn't realised yours was in the same race.)

Last edited:
Make that a 4 way battle royal boys :)
Vieux Lion Rouge's form figures on soft or heavy ground read 111111
Best of luck lads.

I've done Aubusson as well in a couple of each way doubles with Valdez later on the same card and the rather insultingly priced Wishfull Thinking. Nothing serious today though.

Boondooma for me in the 4.10. Drumshambo has dropped to a winnable mark in the 4.45 and first time up may be the best time to catch him

3.30 Newbury Hi There 4/1

Ground will hold no fears, softer the better. Back go a winning mark, won this race last year too. Latest run wasn't as bad as it seems, travelled nicely for a long way. Hope Sammy Jo brings him with a sweeping run at the one pole to win a couple of lengths. Think it's really a ew bet go nothing if the 8 run.

Euro, I've put Aubusson in a highly unadventurous Canadian, with Sausalito Sunrise, Son Du Berlais, Garde La Victoire and Uxizandre.

Hope it's a day for jollies. :whistle:

I like Valdez, but I'm not convinced he's very-well treated at these weights.

Last edited:
Big fan of Katgary 9/2 Aintree 2:00 .
I read Nicholls comments on Betfair this morning and I'm drinking the coolade that he was over the top at Aintree.
Traveled so smoothly in his Cheltenham race and would have won imo had he not been hampered.
Goes well fresh and should have improved plenty from last year. I also believe that today's trip is just too short & sharp for Garde Le Victoire.

2.20 Newbury

I think there is bit of value here with a dutch bet of Penglai Pavilion & Quiz Mistress. 10.0 & 14.0 taken

Last edited:
3.30 Newbury Hi There 4/1

Ground will hold no fears, softer the better. Back go a winning mark, won this race last year too. Latest run wasn't as bad as it seems, travelled nicely for a long way. Hope Sammy Jo brings him with a sweeping run at the one pole to win a couple of lengths. Think it's really a ew bet go nothing if the 8 run.

One of mine today too, for similar reasons (actually 3lbs lower than last year).

5.00 Highland Colori is the nap today. Had the same prep at Newmarket as it did last year..but was closer to the winner there than last year..won this easy then..can do the same today.

6.8 taken

hopefully this will be better than the effort above..a shocker that one.

decent race is this 3.30 at Leicester...a few here like to make the pace so its going to be hard to stick on after leading here..and one horse that will appreciate that is Rewaaya

An improving horse that needs a strong pace..tick..slow ground..tick..and about 12f..tick

progressed from easy maiden win to easy handicap win..then thrown into the hottest 12f handicap you will see anywhere..and possibly ground a touch quicker than she wants...and did very well to finish where she did.

This looks a lot less taxing and she can continue on an upward trend.

3.15 taken

hopefully this will be better than the effort above..a shocker that one.

decent race is this 3.30 at Leicester...a few here like to make the pace so its going to be hard to stick on after leading here..and one horse that will appreciate that is Rewaaya

An improving horse that needs a strong pace..tick..slow ground..tick..and about 12f..tick

progressed from easy maiden win to easy handicap win..then thrown into the hottest 12f handicap you will see anywhere..and possibly ground a touch quicker than she wants...and did very well to finish where she did.

This looks a lot less taxing and she can continue on an upward trend.

3.15 taken

Followed you in Cheers EC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back