What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to wonder why Barry Geraghty isn't riding in Ireland on a Sunday, or indeed, the favourite in the big race at Kelso?
It certainly wouldn't be to partner the disappointing French Opera (particularly, given his comments in his ATR blog) but he does appear to be quite sweet on the unraced Robin's Reef in the valuable Mares' Bumper, and she might be worth a poke at the current 0/30.

Desoto County can make a mark of 123 look lenient tomorrow (2.20 @ Musselburgh)
Scramled home over 2m at Kempton over the lesser rated Tiradia in April but has never been out of the first 2 in 6 starts and up to 2m4f here on h'cap debut he can take this with the McCain team coming back into form after a lean spell

Nothing remotely resembling tips here. Just a couple of personal fancies.

3:40 Kempton - Supercillary 20/1

Has won over C&D off 56. Races tomorrow off 50. Doesn't look too competitive a race. Chris Gordon has had a couple of winners in the last 2 weeks. 1 concern is the lack of a recent run. Supercillary's wins have all come <30 days after the previous run but he hasn't raced for 81.

5:10 Kempton Karam Albaari 20/1

He has been one I've followed for a while and tomorrows trip of 1m3f could be perfect for him. He's racing off 72 and should be able to get a good position from his draw in 3. He has won around Kempton albeit over a sprint trip but he showed the ability still remains with a win at Sandown in September and I think he has maybe been campaigned with the winter AW in mind. 20s would be a big EW price in my opinion.

Good luck all.

Well that was rubbish yesterday, after I had a strong tip for it too! Led for most of the way, but certainly not where it counted.................

Looking towards action at Lingfield and a valuable class 2 handicap at 2:30.
There's a handful with good chances but I'm going for Diamond Charlie E/W.
The horse has a 20 percent win strike rate on the all weather and deserves his chance.
He's coming into the race with a six pound penalty, but this is fully deserved after winning last time out , adding to four class 4 wins already on his CV.
I think the cheekpieces is an interesting addition to apply. He can win from different positions but will probably be on the pace tomorrow. I'm hoping the cheekpieces will unlock a bit more ability in Diamond Charlie.

This could be a marble special :)

Last edited:
Good luck with that, Marb. I posted this a couple of weeks ago;

Steel River (7.15K) blew in lto, and the 7lb rise oughtn't to be enough to stop a repeat today.
9/2 best now, and shortening.
and he'd probably have won too, had the jockey not had to check and switch when beginning his run.
Slightly better class today, and a sharper track, but he's got plenty of speed, and I see no reason to desert him.

Cheers Reet, 25's looks a crackers price on mine, but there are some strong contenders elsewhere, including yours. GL

Strange run from Steelriver? Would have expected him held-up from his outside draw, but was rushed up on the outside and as they turned in, his jockey just plain stopped riding him.
Maybe the horse is injured, but he's entered in the last at Kempton tomorrow, so we'll see what transpires?

Aye :)

Havn't seen the race sounded like jockey on Diamond Charlie treat it like a 4F sprint race but nevermind the drift beforehand was off putting.

Roll on the Ladbroke.

Last edited:
5.50 Kemp. Sighora is a similar horse to the odds on fav..but receives the 5lb girl allowance..which gives her a decent edge here....4.9 is a tremendous price..should be fav

5.50 Kemp. Sighora is a similar horse to the odds on fav..but receives the 5lb girl allowance..which gives her a decent edge here....4.9 is a tremendous price..should be fav

Another beauty nice work EC

Well done, EC1. :)

Richard Lee and Jamie Moore have two excellent chances tomorrow at Warwick.

Top Gamble in the 1:00 looks like an exciting chasing prospect, beating a horse the last day who hacked up 9 lengths in a chase the next time.

Incentivise in the 2:30 ticks all the right boxes and hasn't been raised by the handicapper for a fair third the last day. Looks like the pick to me in that race.

WIN double.

Last edited:

Well done yesterday EC. Anything from the almanack today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had an 80/20 bet on Royal Roslea..tregoning does well in this scenario..could take this against the front two who don't look great..place pays 3.7..9.2 the win..place would do..win a nice bonus

Last edited:
Interesting, was just thinking of backing Hannon's on the basis it has form in the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that mdn 1+2 fav ran in lto makes both about 70 hosses...one of them may win but at the prices would rather get a place on the tregoning one..might squeeze a win..would only need to be a 72 ish horse

if you like shorties Benny..then the next fav might suit you..its got about 12lb in hand and has now drifted a bit..wentworth falls..1.91 at the moment..which is a good price with what it has in hand..i'm not massive on short ones but it will need to fall over to lose i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back