What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already backed Arthur's Secret before reading your post.

My logic is a bit simpler than yours.....He's been off for 3 months because JJQ thought he needed a bit more time and better ground

Good luck

Ian Williams's Donapollo is improving with every run. The further they went last time out the better he looked.

He has a 7lb penalty and the ground is much softer today but the latter will only help.

The main danger would appear to be Bally Braes but he looks very harshly treated for what he has achieved to date.

Simply can't see him giving weight to this horse who IMO should be giving him weight.

Don Apollo around 2/1 looks the best bet of the day

Barry Geraghty is not going to Warwick to for 1 ride for the fun of it.

Maestro Royal beat It's A Sting last time who would just about win this.

I'd get stuck right in if I knew he had improved his jumping.

No doubt he has as it couldn't get any worse but best take a bit of 11/10 or better if available then back him in running if he doesn't walk through the first 2 or 3 hurdles

Maestro Royal

Last edited:
Gold present ran well LTO and looks value to upset the fav in the first at Exeter.

Minellahalfcentury max ew later on, can't believe he's not favourite.

Chelwood Gate put in a big sectional last time..beat 3 horses that are all well handicapped..had a decent bet at 4.5..being supported

small safety cover on starlight symphony at 13.5..who is well in but not to the same level..just in case

Last gasp McCoy..no way was he wining that race yesterday....drifted like a barge in running.........and he still wins.

Great guy to have on your side but a cnt of a man to lay.

Yesterday I took an early bath......started off well with a win bet and a win place bet.......blew the lot on laying AP
looked at the evening meeting.....one glance was enough

Happy hunting today guys

Posting my selections on here are just a copy of a thread someone started:Kempton today

Surrounded by Paul Nicholl's horses on a Saturday is no fun for a trainer but on the plus side you can always expect an extra few points in the betting.

Such is the case with LeReve who put up a first rate performance when winning at Sandown last time.

He barely touched a twig that day and was always travelling like the winner and I doubt if the rise in weights will bother him one bit.

He may just be coming of age and be a better horse than his bare form suggests.

Le Reve Win and Place on the machine

Fascinating race for the Grade 2 Juvi hurdle at Kempton.

Beltor won well first time out and no doubt his trainer fancies his chances of making it a double.
The race he won looks good on paper but I am not convinced it was and can't have him in this which looks much tougher.

Barry Geraghty reckons the ground was to blame for Bivouac\ finishing a well beaten 5th behind Peace and Co last time.

To me he handled the ground ok and he would have held on to 3rd and confirmed previous form with the 4th but he looked to be coming to the end of his tether just before the last
and that may have been what caused him to make a complete hash of it.

He'll take some beating today but I'm not so sure he's as good as Barry Geraghty seems to think.

I am opposing him with Paul Nicholl's All Yours.

All Yours couldn't get near Sail By The Sea on his first run and was made to look very ordinary before falling when beaten.

He beat a 110 rated tree next time out but it wasn't what he beat but the way did it.

I thought he showed massive promise that day and might just be able to cope with the step up in class here.

PN will have a good idea where he stands as his Triumph entry San Benedeto ran Bivouac tp 1/2 length.

All Yours 5/1 looks worth a go

Barry Geraghty should really be in the winners enclosure later on the day with Days of Thunder/Heaven

Thunder would be more appropriate as apparently he's a bit of a fireball you wouldn't want to take the ear plugs out of.

I'll be waiting until the last minute to back him but al being well he really should hack up.

Days of Heaven SP

I'd be a lot more worried about Sire De Grugy's chances today if Melodic Rendezvous had held his ground and ran in this.

Even at the weights he should be far too good for these 2.12 on the machine was too hard to resist. Might lay him in running if he goes very low with 3 to jump
If he does need the run he should still be going well to that point but could fold in the closing stages

Whether it ends up doing him more harm than good remains to be seen

Sire De Grugy

Not the best set of mounts AP's ever had on a Saturday but Ghost River should win

Ghost River @ 7/4 looks too big

Last edited:
Yeah I hope melodic does the business.

Tutchec's 2:55 form at Newcastle behind Hey Big Spender and Lie Forrit would make him appealing today in the Eider. If he can put the last run behind him he'll have a good chance. Looks like he is being nibbled at too which is a good sign.

Last edited:
Not sure they said the ground was to blame for Bivouac at Cheltenham rather the lack of pace. Hopefully a bit stronger today and I reckon he'll be hard to beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I hope melodic does the business.

Tutchec's 2:55 form at Newcastle behind Hey Big Spender and Lie Forrit would make him appealing today in the Eider. If he can put the last run behind him he'll have a good chance. Looks like he is being nibbled at too which is a good sign.

I just logged on to post the same. Was a bit flat last time but is apparently working well again now and no ground concerns even if they get a bit more. Only unknown is the trip but the feeling is he will get it, i'm on at 16s.

Haha, after we were both backing Harry The Viking last week this is looking like the Marble and Ricko show. :)

I think we're onto the best handicapped horse in the race. My dog is called Paddy, so i debated whether to sentimentally choose Shotgun Paddy.................... but nah...Ruby Walsh was right this morning when he said sometimes the head has to rule the heart!

Last edited:
Haha, after we were both backing Harry The Viking last week this is looking like the Marble and Ricko show. :)

I think we're onto the best handicapped horse in the race. My dog is called Paddy, so i debated whether to sentimentally choose Shotgun Paddy.................... but nah...Ruby Walsh was right this morning when he said sometimes the head has to rule the heart!

Hah yeah and that one should have won. Fingers crossed for another bold show.

Not sure they said the ground was to blame for Bivouac at Cheltenham rather the lack of pace. Hopefully a bit stronger today and I reckon he'll be hard to beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry did in his ATR blog, sadly doubt the ground is much better today, however the horse is tough and they do like him.

Just done two after much deliberation took ALBEN STAR @ 5's 1.45 Ling and FOX APPEAL @ 15/2 in the 3.45 Kempton

good luck to you all

That wasn't a bad start to the day it was a scary one:blink: At last racing fans have a have a rival for Peace and Co.........Me? best described as in panic mode :lol:

That's be the day he'll need wings to beat Peace and Co 7 barrows banker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back