What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backed Speculative Bid. Got a great run for my money. NOT !

What a farce; who is the starter?
The horse's head is hanging over the side, a stall handler still in the stall and Spencer off the horse's back, but still the starter pulls the lever.
:mad:

He's beaten a tracker horse of mine called Halation, (that horse entered in the Betfred mile at Goodwood),

That Sandown race Basem won surely holds the key to winner of the Betfred mile at Goodwood.

They finished 1. Basem 2. Munasser 3. Master Carpenter 4. Halation

All bar the John Smiths Cup winner Master Carpenter has an entry in the Betfred Mile..I may have to back all three to lock a profit.

Last edited:
Cheers Moehat,,nah not yet. :) The Betfred Mile is where about 10 percent of my head is right now..:)

Last edited:
Bizarre day -with all that stuff happening at Ascot -I had some cash to collect and managed to spend 90 minutes in Ladbrokes in the company of some extremely drunk and violent members of the travelling community-never again.

I don't back shorties in novice hurdles that often but Tahira will take all the beating in the 2:30 at Uttoxeter today. John Quinn won't be sending it there for the fresh air and with a flat rating of 94 he should take some stopping.

I'm backing Pigeon Island in the 5:20 at the same place, a good old handicapper in a winnable race. Worth a go, imo.

Good luck

Last edited:
Lucky Lion won this last year halting the winning run of subsequent champion stakes winner Noble Mission, albeit then receiving the 3yo allowance.

I'd make him favourite ahead of UK challenger Air Pilot and the 7/2, while somewhat of an insult IMO, has happily been taken.

Last edited:
Not the easiest looking card at Carlisle today
12/1 E/W 1/4 odds looks worth a go on Remember Rocky (3.15)
Megan Carberry's record on the horse reads
11331102 including 2 course wins.

Crap day today for me anyway.

Off to the camel racing and the Racing Post comments section says Quadrigo (Southwell 7:40) is not well handicapped but I disagree.
The horse has already done enough to justify a 75 rating in my book, and whilst currently rated 69, there's a strong possiblity he'll improve on that throughout the next few months. Quadrigo has won around Southwell twice including when justfying favouritism and shouldn't be the price he is for this race..10/1 I think.

Last edited:
crap for me yesterday, set off for Ponterfract with the old fella but turned back after a few miles, peeing it down didnt fancy being miserable all affy so went to bookies/pub all afternoon - not one single winner at ponty, barring the first all seemed 'unexpected' winners there especially the last Knockameny Bends ffs

biggest bet for today 1400 Ayr - Dreaming of Rio, Dascombe though not particualrly noted for FTO 2Yo this season, sending Richard Kingscote up to Ayr for this one race.

Last edited:
Well I thought Quadriga was a lively outsider, drifted to 33's now, that's a big drift. Going to focus on Goodwood when I have some time.

3.45 Low Key

could be well in here on the form of last run..where he finished 23 clear of the 4th...the horses in front were..Go Odee Go..now rated 124..and Port Melon who then ran in a 10k race next time..well beat..ran belwo par..rated 132 now though. Low Key was the only horse to close against the pace as well which also makes me think could be better than current mark. 8.8 at the moment

Typical, I expected Jim Goldie to win at least a cpl of races today, so I back 4 of his - he gets a treble out of 7 races , skilfully avoiding my 4 selections - arghhhhhhhh

Off to the camel racing and the Racing Post comments section says Quadrigo (Southwell 7:40) is not well handicapped but I disagree.
The horse has already done enough to justify a 75 rating in my book, and whilst currently rated 69, there's a strong possiblity he'll improve on that throughout the next few months. Quadrigo has won around Southwell twice including when justfying favouritism and shouldn't be the price he is for this race..10/1 I think.
3rd at 25's, a good performance considering how unfancied it was in the betting. Wants following....

8.05 Worcester

On The Bridge

On last winning mark

When ridden by Nick Schofield at Worcester = 112..would have won last one if not switched..lost by hd

5.3 at the moment

Yep good one EC
I think the Johnson factor is putting a bit more juice in the summer jumps prices.

4.40 Gun Case ran into a well handicapped ..on the clock..horse last time ..faces nothing like that here and will appreciate the step up to 8f..5.4 a gift

Marcus Tregoning had the last winner in the maiden and given he does well at Goodwood I thought Serena Grae (4:55) and firecracker (5:25) were both worth having a nibble at big prices.

Mr Bissto

545 notts Having backed it last time at big prices only to run 4th it steps up in trip again if the money comes which it did very late last time this can win a few races of this lowly mark!

Tested at Galway in the 15.30 only bet today at 15\8 Bet365.

Ignore last run over an inadequate 6f. 7f pattern form is excellent and looks to be streets ahead of her rivals.

Whitchurch (7.15) - 4/1
king of the picts (7.45) - 7/2

2 singles and a double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back