What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, Ive put forward some shite selections on here recently, but hopefully Proposed will do better (2:50 NEW).

I like the fact he is rated quite highly on 95 but carries just 8:3 with a claimer...I would think this has something to do with the conditions of the race and him being a 3 year old.
Proposed won his maiden well and looks likely to run a big race in a handicap soon. Price is already contracting I see...

Last edited:
I've done Critical Risk in the 6.05 at Windsor. Only 2/1 but there seems little to beat in a small field handicap. Yes, he went up 6lbs for a dead heat win last time out in May but he lost a couple of lengths at the start that day and rates much better than the bare result. I like the move from Meehan to Cumani also.

Considering Lucky Kristale at Newmarket. Can anyone explain why the fillies get an extra couple of pounds sex allowance in this race? Her form looks decent for this level, she's been second twice this year to decent animals.

Uele River (5.40 Nm) absolutely blew in when setting a strong pace latest and though she's had a considerable hike, this stiffer track should see her progress further.

Considering Lucky Kristale at Newmarket. Can anyone explain why the fillies get an extra couple of pounds sex allowance in this race? Her form looks decent for this level, she's been second twice this year to decent animals.

I'm afraid I can't explain it, because this is what the rules say on the subject:

Rule 139.2: Fillies and mares shall, unless the Authority directs otherwise, receive the following allowances

139.2.1 5lb in respect of a flat race which is not a flat Pattern Race, is not a flat Classified Stakesor is not a Rating Related Maiden Race;
139.2.2 3lb in respect of a flat Pattern Race, a flat Classified Stakes of class 1, 2 or 3;
139.2.3 7lb in respect of a steeple chase, hurdle race or National Hunt Flat Race which is not aClassified Stakes;
139.2.4 3lb in respect of a steeple chase or hurdle race Classified Stakes.

139.2.1 5lb in respect of a flat race which is not a flat Pattern Race, is not a flat Classified Stakes or is not a Rating Related Maiden Race;

Listed race does not qualify as a flat Pattern Race (Only Group races).

Race also not a Classified Stakes race.

Correct me if I am wrong!

I was feeling high on King George Day this year with Postponed but results since then have knocked the **** out of me.

Good luck with this one in the 6.05, Euro. Hopefully Reet's goes in too.

I'm keeping my eye on Tiggy Wiggy entered in the Sprint Cup next Saturday at Haydock.

This filly ran 8 times as a 2 year old, winning 6 times and placing twice.
She earned a rating of 117 although that dropped to 113 after a disappointment last time on her third start as a three year old.
Got to be interesting if dropped back to 5 furlongs though, 25/1 in a place and that'll surely go at some point.

Last edited:
Can I have another rules explanation please. How the **** was Critical Risk done by a horse with only one run ever in his life. Should not have even qualified for the race.

I was feeling high on King George Day this year with Postponed but results since then have knocked the **** out of me.

Good luck with this one in the 6.05, Euro. Hopefully Reet's goes in too.

I've had no luck all season. I know it's only short term but it's a ******* killer, especially after getting back on track during Goodwood week.

Against Fascinating Rock at Windsor in a big way-a win for Rembrandt van Rijn or Battalion would be the icing on the cake.

Christ on a bike they are tempting me too much. Gospel Choir hits 3.25 on the machine - he has way more in hand of his rivals here than FR had.

Mike Murphy has one tomorrow in last race at Lingfield where the market needs a check, think its called Bane.

My approach is to wait for a bit of blue on odds checker (assuming it is backed) and then back it and make sure I'm on before it hits odds-on. :)

Looks like the horse could be gambled-on material but we shall have to wait and see.

Post up the Cambridgesire winner when you have it please :)

I know it wasn't directed at me but Betfred are 25/1 5 places about Munaaser and I've managed to get about £94 ew at that price.Haven't got time to do a write up but he should be well suited by the race as he was 2nd in the Silver version last year.You might want to take a look at a few replays York (He pulled very hard off a slow pace didn't quite see out an extended 10f)and Goodwood (Caught out the back slow pace)reasonable excuses for defeats both times.Have a look at how well his Sandown race has worked out and respective handicap marks.Basem now off 110.

Nafaqa is also worth a poke at 20's his form at Newmarket much better than anywhere else his run behind Peacock at the track looks decent especially as I don't think he stays 10f very well and the drop back in trip looks ideal.

Both are similar sorts really strong travellers who need a good pace to run at which should be almost guaranteed given the size of the field.Both I think will be seen to better effect back on a straight track.

As you like ;)

Last edited:
Cheers for that Danny. Yeah that form between Munaaser and Basem is good with Master Carpenter winning the John Smiths and Halation winning at Ascot. I'll have a better look at the Cambridgeshire soon. Tiggy Wiggy next Saturday at Haydock in the Sprint is the one I'm keenest on anti-post right now.

I'll probably back two or three nearer the time in the Cambrideshire but I'll be keeping faith with Spark Plug who let me down badly last time. I'll give him one more chance as I think he deserves it after falling at Ascot.

He is entered at Ascot this Friday. I can't put into words what happened last time on his comeback run...where he came out excruciatingly slowly from the stalls... then made headway to beat half the field but still only finish 7th.
He's just the type who Meehan will surprise us with, so he's my number 1 fancy for the Cambridgeshire at the moment.
This does hinge on him winning at Ascot on Friday though, so I'll keep an eye on things this week.
I might try and be clever and have a dabble on him anti-post before that race on Friday but we'll see if he runs.

Euro's fancy is of interest aswell as is Munasser and Basem, but Spark Plug could still show his worth before the end of the season. I'm an optimist.

Last edited:
Deserves the benefit on the doubt in that regard, Col. If he was a 55 rated class 6 animal it would be different, but he's got class and will show it in a race like the Cambridgeshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back