What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to have a few on Doctor Parkes tonight at WOlverhampton. Dropped considerably in the weights despite running reasonably. Last won at WOlverhampton 3 years ago off 84 (hasn't ridden there regularly) now off 76. Trainer and jockey have had 3 winners and 5 seconds from 19 runners in last month so stable on form. Bit of money for it too so yard must be confident...hopefully...

Good luck to all the above - thrown Glory awaits in Danny to an each way patent with the above selections.

Each way double with So Beloved and Duretto
Also Henryville at Newton Abbot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That went well.

I completely knew Promising Run would run like a drain as soon as First Victory won the earlier race.

i backed her too Euro..fillies in october eh?..and yet all the trainers other hosses are running through walls and finding more when challenged

i backed her too Euro..fillies in october eh?..and yet all the trainers other hosses are running through walls and finding more when challenged

Way it goes, the plus is her run relative to Minding's might mean a decent price on Emotionless tomorrow.

I hope Blaklion shows what he is made of and does the business at Chepstow, but admittedly this is more hope than any significant form case.

Basil Berry (York) beat the ill fated (and talented but quirky) Major Jack, then finished a good seventh at Royal Ascot in one of the big handicaps. He lost his form after Ascot but came second last time out, so its not like you are having to back him to come 'back to form', so (imo) he is a good each way bet (I've felt there's a proper race like this within him and will stick with him at fancy prices in races like this for now).

William Of Orange for me in the Ceserewitch. I fancied him last time when he ran below par which must be a sign he'll run well next time out (happend a few times to me over the years). He is trained by that man Sir Mark Prescott too!

Good luck as always you lot.

Last edited:
Don't do much these days but I was tempted today by HEARTBREAK CITY in the Cesarewitch, ran very well at York LTO in a 0-100 handicap

Emotionless Tea for Two double and a small bet on Sausalito Sunrise in the 5.05 at Chepstow who's mark (144)seems very workable

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Speaking of balls of steel -I expect Spencer to give Dragon Mall a confident ride in the next at Newmarket.

2.25 Curragh
Fort Del Oro is well worth a look today gents, a really nice filly with form figures of 2,1,3,2 and already a CD winner at the Curragh. Her last run at the Curragh was in the Qatar Sprint Stakes where she came 3rd, beaten 2l to Mattmu and Toscanini. Todays Listed race on good ground should be right up her street, another plus is that she gets a 5lb pull from the favourite Toscanini.

This is the comment after her Curragh win - Eddie Lynam's Fort Del Oro took the TRM Excellence In Equine Nutrition Maiden with some authority, having been second on her first run on much softer ground.

Billy Lee's mount travelled strongly and came between horses to lead with a furlong and a half to run, quickly going clear for a four-and-a-quarter-length success from the always prominent Creggs Pipe.

Lynam said of the 7-4 favourite: "She did it well. We like her and think she might be good. She did that well today after a good first run. We'll see what sort of a mark she gets and that will tell us where we are going. Dreaming aloud, she could be good."

Currently 9/2 with WH....got to be worth an ew bet at least.

2.25 Curragh
Fort Del Oro is well worth a look today gents, a really nice filly with form figures of 2,1,3,2 and already a CD winner at the Curragh. Her last run at the Curragh was in the Qatar Sprint Stakes where she came 3rd, beaten 2l to Mattmu and Toscanini. Todays Listed race on good ground should be right up her street, another plus is that she gets a 5lb pull from the favourite Toscanini.

This is the comment after her Curragh win - Eddie Lynam's Fort Del Oro took the TRM Excellence In Equine Nutrition Maiden with some authority, having been second on her first run on much softer ground.

Billy Lee's mount travelled strongly and came between horses to lead with a furlong and a half to run, quickly going clear for a four-and-a-quarter-length success from the always prominent Creggs Pipe.

Lynam said of the 7-4 favourite: "She did it well. We like her and think she might be good. She did that well today after a good first run. We'll see what sort of a mark she gets and that will tell us where we are going. Dreaming aloud, she could be good."

Currently 9/2 with WH....got to be worth an ew bet at least.

I have this one in my tracker and can't remember why - I suspect it probably has something to do with gigolo's thread?

I have this one in my tracker and can't remember why - I suspect it probably has something to do with gigolo's thread?

Fort Del Oro - Curragh 7 June - Good - Speed Fig = 103+

won easily that day..capable of more

i've followed this race throughout the season giving 3 runs to each..

2nd horse won nto 11/2..has won since but didn't back it
3rd horse run once ..lost
4th horse ..speed fig 72 ...lost the 3 times i backed it..won the 4th off mark 68..by 4 lengths
5th horse...won next time 16/1

i didn't go back further mesen but ..louis leroy.. won on 3rd run at 12/1..annoying when 4th horse was in same race and got beat by it..

its been a good figure race to follow..bit of an stopwatch/anoraks bread and butter race...with a kick in the balls courtesy of LL..but a couple of nice prices in there

will be backing Fort Del Oro today..3rd run and does get the weight from toscanini..

Last edited:
Samedi soir in the 4.30 at Chepstow each way. I know I'm generally useless and this is why - I was talking to the owner yesterday and while they get black type if she places ( which is what he's really after!) they also think she's got a decent chance of a place, they aren't just going there on a whim. ( well, no more than lots of others !)

Eta - maybe not then ;)

Last edited:
Great stuff lads. Got in from golf 5 mins before the race and had been told to get on Yosemite at Goodwood. Managed to throw a little double on the two so happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back