What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping not an issue for you? He was scratchy at a few the last day and Huntingdon's fences are quite stiff.

Not particularly an issue for me. I like his progressive profile and attitude, in the context of a race that probably shouldn't take too much winning.

Foxrock looks a decent ew price in the Durkan. Shame only the 7 run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1:50 Gilgamboa
Can't see this one not getting at least a place, so happy to take 7/2 ew

Think Scholfield is riding better at the moment. As I write I see he's just had a winner at Kelso

Third time lucky for me, 15:05 La Bague Au Roi
Impressive winner at Aintree lto and trainer decent in these bumpers

Trainer quote "impressive filly and one to follow, the apple of the yards eye"

Last edited:
After opposing a scratchy jumper on Sunday I'm backing one today. Abracadabra Sivola ran well enough behind Native River at Exeter a month or so ago and looked a likelier winner before the last. He was better suited to the way that race was run than the winner and I wasn't tempted to back him in a hot looking handicap at Newbury given how stiff those fences are. Today however he's worth a go at Uttoxeter in a more suitable race over easier fences. I took 6/1 last night and the stable is on fire at the moment with a couple of decent enough recent winners. He's been well backed this morning by all accounts and could be chronic short if Aubusson wins earlier on in the card.

A day for space travel tomorrow -

Ling 2:25 Outer Space is the one to back. Form is in the book, and mark unchanged after a good third to a horse rated much higher last time.
A bet at 4/1

Leic 3:35 Space Walker is the bet after a good performance last time when pulling clear of the field to finish second. Should be okay on the ground and looks well handicapped to win a race now.

Last edited:
Reckon Space Walker may struggle to give the weight to Thatchers Gold myself

I don't think he'll struggle, Viking.... Infact I think Space Walker will be a tough nut to crack from the front. Granted, Thatchers Gold has a bloody good chance, but Space Walker is the more experienced animal and younger to boot. I think Space Walker bumped into a useful horse on his day in Dazinski and just edges it in terms of form and potential improvement. A good ride for Nico that's for sure.
Good luck though - In truth a reverse forecast doesn't look like a bad bet.

Last edited:
Ling 2:25 Outer Space is the one to back. Form is in the book, and mark unchanged after a good third to a horse rated much higher last time.
A bet at 4/1

With Marb on this.
No great pace in the race, which should militate against Crazy Chic, and Outer Space showed he should have the speed to cope when unlucky in a similarly run 7f contest before his big run latest.

Last edited:

Meade knows where he stands with Gosdens here as one his FTOers beat it..the drop back in trip is a negative for enreaching..so the 130k ACLAIM looks to have a good chance of giving Meade another FTO 2yo winner

One of my cliff horses runs in the 3.25 at Punchestown today. Konig Hall only has another 23 horses to beat, but he's running with a first-time hood, apparently, and is 22/1 at present. He won for me back in August at 20/1, so deserves my unquestioning loyalty.

4.40,,not a massive fan of playing in these apparent two hoss races but Zio Gianni has such an edge on my calcs here over zauffally i have to have a go..on both runs at Chelmsford and lingfield ZG has put in far better figures in either of those compared with the second fav..even if 2nd fav improves it will need to be large...so ZG should be about 4/7... so have had a go at 2.14

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back