What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was extremely keen on Calculated Risk taking the step back up to class C company in his stride over a track and surface he seems to really enjoy.

He won over CD extremely easy LTO and while it was an admittedly very weak seller he was a decent juvenile and was rated 18lb higher than he is today only last November.

The trainer doesn't send many out but has a fair strike rate when she does plus, as a strong traveler he should appreciate having a number of front runners to aim at and while my confidence has waned to an extent - it always does when Ffos Las is involved - and there is a still a slight doubt surrounding the trip in better class company, the 7/2 now available is slightly too big for me to let him go unbacked when he gets the best part of a stone from the likely dangers, who aren't much cop themselves (can't be having the Williams horse at the bottom).

Ffos Las 3.55 Wabanaki 4/1- interesting this horse is having his first race in a handicap at this course as he is owned by the owner of the course and won a bumper here

I was extremely keen on Calculated Risk taking the step back up to class C company in his stride over a track and surface he seems to really enjoy.

He won over CD extremely easy LTO and while it was an admittedly very weak seller he was a decent juvenile and was rated 18lb higher than he is today only last November.

The trainer doesn't send many out but has a fair strike rate when she does plus, as a strong traveler he should appreciate having a number of front runners to aim at and while my confidence has waned to an extent - it always does when Ffos Las is involved - and there is a still a slight doubt surrounding the trip in better class company, the 7/2 now available is slightly too big for me to let him go unbacked when he gets the best part of a stone from the likely dangers, who aren't much cop themselves (can't be having the Williams horse at the bottom).

Second to the Twister horse and while it's a rarity for me to bet there I need to stay away from racing at this track completely.

Was tempted to back Indian Affair (8.45) but the drift is very much putting me off.

Anyone backing anything tonight?

Smoking big cigars 3.30 navan. Has been running well in handicaps without finishing his races off. Hoping first time tongue tie and visor makes the difference today. 6/1 bet365

3:25 Kelso. Have a strong fancy for Savello at 10/3 today. Ran a great race in the Grand Annual, just had too much weight to win I believe. When previously with Tony Martin, he always said he was a stone better horse on good ground, which he gets today. Skelton/Andrews have had a nice few winners lately and He gets 8lbs from the fav today which should be sufficient to get his head in front.

2.15 - Doncaster:
Donncha. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1. (Bet365, 1/4 odds first 5)
Wilde Inspiration. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 33/1. (Coral, 1/4 odds first 5)
The first race on Doncaster's card is the Spring Mile and it's arguably a more competitive and interesting race than the Lincoln run over the same C/D thirty minutes later. Several of the very lightly raced types head the market but that leaves some good performers at tempting prices. Topweight Donncha rounded off last season by finishing 4th of the 20 runners in the Balmoral Handicap at Ascot. He did best of those to race on the nearside of the track and it suggested that he could be capable of winning from his current mark. His best performances have come over seven furlongs but he has won over an extended 8 furlongs in soft ground and his Dam was a ten furlong winner. He has run well fresh in the past and he is drawn near to both early pace and some of the more fancied horses. He has run well on all three previous occasions he has been ridden by today's three pound claimer. Wilde Inspiration is a lot more exposed than some of these but he is admirably tough and consistent and could outrun his big price. He rarely runs a bad race and he is only three pounds above his last winning mark. That win came under Connor Beasley and, after recovering from his horrendous injuries, he takes the ride for the first time since. Wilde Inspiration is versatile regarding ground conditions but two of his three wins have come in soft ground so conditions here won't pose any problems.

Wilde Inspiration for me too. Hope that doesn't jinx him for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was agonising, I was trying to lift him over the line but he never quite looked like getting there.

3:25 Kelso. Have a strong fancy for Savello at 10/3 today. Ran a great race in the Grand Annual, just had too much weight to win I believe. When previously with Tony Martin, he always said he was a stone better horse on good ground, which he gets today. Skelton/Andrews have had a nice few winners lately and He gets 8lbs from the fav today which should be sufficient to get his head in front.

Great shout

I've done Man Of Lamanver as well but looks like he's going to lose it in the stewards room. Just my luck, could have been one of those great days. Gavlar and Aneedh to come.

Placings reversed. Unlucky

Edit: Hadn't seen your FPTP post. Nice

Last edited:
Ballymore Castle (3.30) drops in class, over his best trip on ground which is likely to suit, in a race his trainer has won 3 times in the 8 years it's been run.
Well worth an ew poke at the general 9/1.

Ascot 4.20
Grandads Horse
Surely better than his run at Cheltenham and races today off 3lb lower than his last winning mark

5.30 BACCHANEL

would have beat Gayebury last time if hadn't run on the slower ground inner at Exeter..winner without a penalty here..Gayebury would be odds on in this....3.6 taken

Runs over hurdles at Warwick today. Are you keeping the faith EC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back