What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise to me if the old boy, 9 years old in fact, Silvery Moon, goes close in the 2:00 Haydock. Don't rule him out on age as he does win on a going day.

Last edited:
2.55 Ascot-Early Morning

Each Way @ 7-1 [Ladbrokes] BOG

Got a lot of time for his trainer Harry Dunlop

Are you taking an interest in the Gershwin race, Luke? Back or lay I wonder?

Are you taking an interest in the Gershwin race, Luke? Back or lay I wonder?

Just finished an epic days punting -place laid the winner of Gershwin race,laid Hayley in running at short odds but absolutely laid the living daylights out of the Harry Dunlop odds on shot in 3 horse race at Lingfield-needed to change my y fronts after that one.

Keeping an eye on XENON of Sir Mark Prescott's tomorrow at Kempton (7:10). A two year old filly that races with eight stone on her back, with a mark of 63, after three mediocre performances in novice races. I'm not convinced by the other three truth be told, so will take this one with absolutely no weight on its back first time in a handicap. The extra furlong should suit. She's a chance.

8/1 early show

Last edited:
This Fethiye Boy looks interesting in the 5.50 at Bath. Showed impressive speed on first 2 starts on softer than good but didn't see his race out. Traded at 3.0 on debut and 1.77 last time. Every chance of him strengthening up during a break and the yard have had a few winners since he was last seen. I think there's good reason to expect a fair bit better under quicker conditions. It's possible he's being brought along with nurseries as the plan, but he was a NR at Bath last week when the ground softened, so I think it's significant they have kept him back to perform to his optimum here.

Fav is beginning to look exposed as was beaten at a short price by another Ron Harris horse last week (the race FB was a non-runner in). If Johnston's is ordinary (and his dam was), this might take little winning.

5.35 Yarmouth-Buckland Beau

Each Way @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes] BOG

Another trainer I like is Charlie Fellowes

Sunday

3.40 Dundalk-Winter @ 9-4 [William Hill] BOG

Incredible that trainer David Wachman has had only 4 winners in last six months.

But his two runners ran well today, and this filly is highly rated

I give a good each way shout to Stanghow in Thirsk's 3:45 tomorrow. He's had a months break since a below par run, but his three runs prior to that were interesting, especially when he got the better of Majestic Hero and Alpha Delphini in May at Pontefract, (they're now rated 87 and 96 respectively). Alpha Delphini is one that has definitely franked the form, winning valuable handicaps at York and Ascot since. So Stanghow could be a few pounds ahead of the assessor with a rating of 81 ...the question mark is over his last no-show, but my gut feeling is he will bounce back tomorrow. The positives out weigh the negatives.

Last edited:
Stellarta (Windsor 7.30)
Very open heat but the mare ran well in 4th from a poor draw in the Stewards consolatio, will appreciate the quick ground and ran a strormer here in 2nd when badly hampered behind Ice Lord back in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back