What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question gents - had an ew lucky 15 the other day with betfred consisting of 1 winner, 2 losers and a non-runner.

They have 3 x odds for one winner on l15 bets, but I've just been to collect it and they wouldn't pay the bonus and just settled it as a straight lucky 15. Supposedly a non runner means you don't get the triple the odds offer.

Does that sound right to you as I've spent last 15 mins reading their t&cs and can't see where it states that a non-runner negates the bonus.

Cheers

I notice Renneti is running in the last at Naas. Interesting one..a non runner in the Cesrewitch..a race where Mullins horses beat more oppo than they should as i remember from when looking at the race last week.

I think 12f is a tad short but looking at this one's form and the fact they were going to have another go in the Caes tells me this one could run well today

record in October reads

won in 2012......won in 2013..and a good 4th in last years cesarewitch

worth a twenty quid throw at the odds..its about 9/1

Quick question gents - had an ew lucky 15 the other day with betfred consisting of 1 winner, 2 losers and a non-runner.

They have 3 x odds for one winner on l15 bets, but I've just been to collect it and they wouldn't pay the bonus and just settled it as a straight lucky 15. Supposedly a non runner means you don't get the triple the odds offer.

Does that sound right to you as I've spent last 15 mins reading their t&cs and can't see where it states that a non-runner negates the bonus.

Cheers

The settlement is correct-all 4 must run for the bonus to apply.The year that Wichita Lineman won under an epic AP ride at the festival -I had him as the first leg of a €20 Lucky 15 -all Jonjo trained horses in handicaps-I dreamt of a 6 figure payout that night.The next two were beaten and the last one wasn't declared-after race 1 I was looking at a minimum of €620 -the non runner meant I got €460.

cheers

it wouldn't have deterred me tbh...i'd still have backed it just on its really good form every time it runs in october Archie..as soon as Hayes took the lead i was cheered..he weren't going to stop with stamina to burn

The settlement is correct-all 4 must run for the bonus to apply.The year that Wichita Lineman won under an epic AP ride at the festival -I had him as the first leg of a €20 Lucky 15 -all Jonjo trained horses in handicaps-I dreamt of a 6 figure payout that night.The next two were beaten and the last one wasn't declared-after race 1 I was looking at a minimum of €620 -the non runner meant I got €460.

Ouch. Lesson learnt, I'll just put a note at bottom of slip now stating to replace non runners with fav or 2nd fav from now on.
Cheers Luke.

My bets [1pt on each @ BOG]

2.30 Plumpton-Graasten @ 7-2 [Bet Victor]
2.50 Windsor-Fastnet Spin @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
3.40 Pontefract-D'Bai @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]
4.30 Plumpton-Kamool @ 6-4 [Boylesports]
5.30 Plumpton-Yukon Delta @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]
5.40 Pontefract-Arctic Feeling @ 4-1 [Bet Victor]

Cheers

That makes sense to me Tincan otherwise what is to stop people who fancy one horse, putting in three n/r's to try and get 3 x the odds. Obviously you never intended your horse to be a non-runner and I am not a great fan of bookies, but this one I can understand.

There's nothing as special today, but at Ayr both Joe Fanning's rides look well overpriced. He rides Lavetta
Thanking the good lord that Lavetta has been declared in the 5:20 at Newmarket on Wednesday.

She ran a good place at Ayr the last day, when a staying on third, (Benny B might remember it as we were talking about Joe Fannings rides that day). She's from a shrewd yard and I think she's ahead of the handicapper. Creeps in on a low weight...

Last edited:
best value race of day imo..in the 5.30 the bounce factor may come in to play with the short priced fav..so have dutched yukon delta 7.0 + generous jack 9.8

Yeah well done EC1, the forum is a better place with your input. Don't let the cats get fat! ;)

2.30 Plumpton-Graasten @ 7-2 [Bet Victor]
2.50 Windsor-Fastnet Spin @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
3.40 Pontefract-D'Bai @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]:)
4.30 Plumpton-Kamool @ 6-4 [Boylesports]
5.30 Plumpton-Yukon Delta @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]:)
5.40 Pontefract-Arctic Feeling @ 4-1 [Bet Victor]

Profit of 7.5pts

Morning

2.10 Exeter-Hahnenkam @ 6-1 [Bet 365]
2.30 Newcastle-Re Run @ 7-2 [Bet Victor]
3.20 Yarmouth-Guanabara Bay @ 11-4 [Bet 365]
3.50 Yarmouth-Rio Ronaldo @ 9-1 [Ladbrokes]
4.20 Yarmouth-Harwoods Star @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
4.30 Newcastle-Magic City @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
5.00 Newcastle-Rural Celebration @ 5-1 [Bet 365]

Well done yesterday PB!

I'm having another go at cracking a handicap although admittedly a poor one in this case. I could only find positives for 4 horses and one has just been declared a n/r so having a combo f/c & tricast on;

Exeter 2.10 Agincourt Reef - Thomas Blossom & Vintage Salon

Spencer didn't do owt wrong there..but that guy haunts me:)..i never have any luck with him.

backed these in 3 doubles and a treble..on what looks a real hard days untangling of puzzles

5.20 musaanada
5.30 glasgon
9.10 he's my boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back