What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty worried about the Lockinge. Have Lightning Spear AP at 7s and a double (via Deauville at Chester) going onto Ribchester at 3s. This ground could mean a silly result like we had all week at York albeit Newbury takes the rain better.

I just want to be on one winner that involved using my own brain. I really do. :)

Last edited:
Pretty worried about the Lockinge. Have Lightning Spear AP at 7s and a double (via Deauville at Chester) going onto Ribchester at 3s. This ground could mean a silly result like we had all week at York albeit Newbury takes the rain better.

Take it you'll settle for that? WD

With funds largely generated by adding a couple of Gigilo's selections to my own yesterday I have gone in at the short end of the odds spectrum today.
Cannot see Alpha Centauri being beaten in the 3.45 at Naas.10/11. No reason for thinking that placings will change from last time especially since the horse has reportedly progressed in the interim.

Last edited:
Backing Billy's Angel in the last at Limerick trainer thinks they can beat Mullins fav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot]3.20 - Carlisle - Heir To A Throne. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.
This is a very competitive one mile handicap with several in the field having shown a decent level of form already this season. Slight preference is for Heir To A Throne who found the Thirsk Hunt Cup a bit too much for him last time out. Progressive in three Maidens as a Juvenile, he carried on improving after a gelding operation prior to his three year old campaign. Two victories and three placed efforts from seven outings surprisingly only saw his mark rise three pounds before the start of this season. He reappeared with a second, beaten just under two lengths, at Redcar before his Thirsk disappointment and he is taken to get back on track in these calmer waters. A draw in stall eleven could've been better but they often come up the centre of the track when they turn for home here so he may get a decent run if he is not stuck out too far wide in the early stages. His worst performance last season came here but he was too keen that day and he does have form on a stiff track.

3.40 - Redcar - Excessable. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.
This is a decent sprint with ten of the eleven runners within five pounds of each other on Official Ratings and the top rated being just three pounds below the ceiling for the race. There looks a likelihood of a strong gallop with plenty present who like to get on with things. That could suit a horse coming from off the pace and slight preference is for Excessable. He had a good Juvenile campaign but his form tailed off in his three year old season and he was gelded prior to his reappearance at Newcastle last month. A third, beaten just over three lengths, was a good start to the season and he followed that with a cosy looking win returned to turf at Thirsk earlier this month. Given the manner of victory a five pound rise in the weights doesn't look harsh and he looks like a horse who could rank higher than this is the sprinting division. The horse he beat at Thirsk has since run well in a much better race so the form has some substance.

8.25 - Windsor - Loving Your Work. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.
[/FONT]

Good luck with those, Ricko.

I'm busy tonight and tomorrow, so I need to give a good shout right now to NEAR TO TEAR'S at Hexham (7:15) on Tuesday. I accidently stumbled across this race when on The Racing Post website earlier.

I like the horses chance, because its trained by Grand National winning trainer Lucinda Russell. The horse showed enough ability over hurdles to suggest it will be ready to take advantage, of this chronically low rating of 86, now that it goes over fences.

There's 10 runners, so the horse could be backed win or each way depending on the price. I'm hoping for at least 6/1.

Last edited:
Also, Luca Cumani sends Rosental over to France tomorrow in Saint Clouds 1:50. Major chance under Christophe Soumillion. :) That's your lot! )

Last edited:
RacingPost reckons the 20:15 at Punchestown this evening is "wickedly tricky". I agree, but anyhow, I've had an e/w go on Broder who seems to have as good a chance as any.

[FONT="]3.20 - Carlisle - Heir To A Throne. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.
This is a very competitive one mile handicap with several in the field having shown a decent level of form already this season. Slight preference is for Heir To A Throne who found the Thirsk Hunt Cup a bit too much for him last time out. Progressive in three Maidens as a Juvenile, he carried on improving after a gelding operation prior to his three year old campaign. Two victories and three placed efforts from seven outings surprisingly only saw his mark rise three pounds before the start of this season. He reappeared with a second, beaten just under two lengths, at Redcar before his Thirsk disappointment and he is taken to get back on track in these calmer waters. A draw in stall eleven could've been better but they often come up the centre of the track when they turn for home here so he may get a decent run if he is not stuck out too far wide in the early stages. His worst performance last season came here but he was too keen that day and he does have form on a stiff track.

3.40 - Redcar - Excessable. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.
This is a decent sprint with ten of the eleven runners within five pounds of each other on Official Ratings and the top rated being just three pounds below the ceiling for the race. There looks a likelihood of a strong gallop with plenty present who like to get on with things. That could suit a horse coming from off the pace and slight preference is for Excessable. He had a good Juvenile campaign but his form tailed off in his three year old season and he was gelded prior to his reappearance at Newcastle last month. A third, beaten just over three lengths, was a good start to the season and he followed that with a cosy looking win returned to turf at Thirsk earlier this month. Given the manner of victory a five pound rise in the weights doesn't look harsh and he looks like a horse who could rank higher than this is the sprinting division. The horse he beat at Thirsk has since run well in a much better race so the form has some substance.

8.25 - Windsor - Loving Your Work. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.
[/FONT]

Well done with Excessable Ricko.

I'll have an ew flutter on your pick in the next. Gl

Unlucky with the last one Ricko.

Jockey puts me off but can't not back coiste bodhar in last at Notts tomorrow. 8/1. Dixon in form, likes the course and weighted ok. Gl

Last edited:
Shargiah and Marseille double today looks decent.

Also having some small multiples with Abiento, Fairy Mist, Geordie George, Megalala

Last edited:
Mrs. Harrington is turning out some good ones this season. Whilst Spring Garden made a decent debut 9 days ago her price drifted like a barge, indicating that the stable were not confident. Conversely for today's run at Gowran Park (3.55) her price has plummeted from 9\1 last evening down to 7/2. Hopefully money talks!

See that my old mate Caeser The Gaeser is out at my local track, Gosforth Park, in the 4:40. I followed his progress closely last season, and he shouldn't be far away today. 10/1 Great price.

Good luck with those, Ricko.

I'm busy tonight and tomorrow, so I need to give a good shout right now to NEAR TO TEAR'S at Hexham (7:15) on Tuesday. I accidently stumbled across this race when on The Racing Post website earlier.

I like the horses chance, because its trained by Grand National winning trainer Lucinda Russell. The horse showed enough ability over hurdles to suggest it will be ready to take advantage, of this chronically low rating of 86, now that it goes over fences.

There's 10 runners, so the horse could be backed win or each way depending on the price. I'm hoping for at least 6/1.

Placed behind easy winner but what a price - WD

Cheers. 33/1 was a big price. Maybe I should stick to egg and spoon races at Hexham from now on.

Also, Caeser will be better for the run. He needed that blow out today.

Last edited:
2.40 - Lingfield - Money Talks. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

3.00 - Yarmouth - Par Three. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 16/1.

3.10 - Lingfield - Under Attack. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

4.50 - Ayr - Gworn. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.

8.10 - Kempton - Dubai's Secret. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

8.40 - Kempton - Air Of York. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

Well done with Gworn, Ricko. Robbie Roo Roo is a value price in the 9:10 at Kempton. Ran well last time. Could very easily do better today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back