What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Evans to land a double in last two races at Lingfield I reckon, (4:30 Mr Kodi & 5:00 Brockey Rise). 2/1 and 4/1.

Last edited:
3.30 Chelmsford-Fly The Flag @ 11-8 [Skybet]

To beat the odds on Power horse as will be suited by step up in trip

Good stuff, Placebacker.

A good all weather race on Saturday evening at Chelmsford, where my tracker horse Admiralty has just made the cut (no.16).

Only ran the twice on A/W at Dundalk last season when running two respectable races finishing second on both occasions for then trainer Johnny Murtagh.

12/1 early show with Betfred, I'll be backing him. He's also in the Ayr Gold Cup but lets get this race out the way. Some good horses in opposition including top weight Vale Of Kent. I suppose 12/1 looks a bit punitive or short, see if other's go 14's or 16's.

Last edited:
From a stable stuffed with middle-distance prospects, Mark Johnston has sent Scapa Inca to contest the Lanark Silver Bell (6.55), a race he's won 4 times in the last 8 years.
An improving 3yo, versatile groundwise, whose previous 2 wins both came over a stiff 12f, he looks a solid bet to continue MJ's domination.
9/2 best.

Last edited:
Good luck, Reet. I could see Theglascowwarrior running well in that, to maybe grab a place, so will watch what happens later.

Last edited:
Good stuff, Placebacker.

A good all weather race on Saturday evening at Chelmsford, where my tracker horse Admiralty has just made the cut (no.16).

Only ran the twice on A/W at Dundalk last season when running two respectable races finishing second on both occasions for then trainer Johnny Murtagh.

12/1 early show with Betfred, I'll be backing him. He's also in the Ayr Gold Cup but lets get this race out the way. Some good horses in opposition including top weight Vale Of Kent. I suppose 12/1 looks a bit punitive or short, see if other's go 14's or 16's.

Admirality (Chelms 7:15) 11's generally must have a good win chance, my only horse tomorrow this one.

I fancy Southampton to get a win against Man United tomorrow, 3/1 top price for the home win.

It will be interesting to see what happens, I'm actually tempted at a crazy price of 40/1 on Southampton for a top six finish this year, but I want to see how they do tomorrow first.

Last edited:
From a stable stuffed with middle-distance prospects, Mark Johnston has sent Scapa Inca to contest the Lanark Silver Bell (6.55), a race he's won 4 times in the last 8 years.
An improving 3yo, versatile groundwise, whose previous 2 wins both came over a stiff 12f, he looks a solid bet to continue MJ's domination.
9/2 best.
Apologies - didn't realise the ground had changed significantly until just before the off. Clearly the market was better informed than I. :thumbsdown:

Ventura Knight 2.25S, had no answer to the gearchange of the smart Forest Of Dean in a red hot York h'cap latest, but showed enough in the first-time blinds to convince he's up to winning this lesser contest. Ryan Moore retains the ride, and he looks a solid bet to, at least, make the places. General 12/1 will do nicely.

Good luck

4.55 Lingfield...not keen on the form horses so will chance the Palmer newcomer: Rachmaninov

Each Way @ 4-1 [Bet 365]

I've been busy with projects recently so not as involved.

In the 3.30 at Chester I've steamed into Dream Kart. It's around 13/8 now. I backed it at a lot lower prices but I'm going in again. The price looks really amazing for such a weak race.

Good luck.

I've had a good afternoon with a few token selections winning....decent amount going on Admiralty later now.

Lavender Blue very impressive and could see Judicial winning more races before the end of the season for Elite Racing Club.

Last edited:
Nothing left in the final furlong again, disappointing. Unfollowed now.

Last edited:
That wouldn't bother me, Sim. He needs a break over the winter, wouldn't touch him now until next season at a minimum.

Does anyone know of a horse racing site, (e.g) gg.com that can give me alerts on international racing such as Hong Kong?

I am looking forward to seeing Decrypt in the Series over there but I have a feeling I will probably miss the races live due to not knowing the schedule.

Also, I am guessing I can back him on Bet 365 etc?

Last edited:
7:05 Lingfield - Contingency Fee 10/1 Win

Brian Meehan used to train this one. He's shown a clear preference for a left handed track, now just four pound higher in the weights than when winning at Wolverhampton in April, which was his third win in a row. He was on 66 but the handicapper has done the honours by dropping him one pound. Low mileage on the clock so can put his recent two or three runs well behind him. I fancy he'll return to best form tonight and that will suffice here.

Brighton 4:00 tomorrow. It's probably time he tried a class five. A four pound lower mark on turf could come in handy.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a horse racing site, (e.g) gg.com that can give me alerts on international racing such as Hong Kong?

I am looking forward to seeing Decrypt in the Series over there but I have a feeling I will probably miss the races live due to not knowing the schedule.

Also, I am guessing I can back him on Bet 365 etc?

Put him in your bet365 alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back