What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracker alert - Wolves 7.30 - Van Dijk - Sky offering the best price this evening (no BOG) and the extra place so I've taken 6/1 ew.

Two chances in Ireland today that have come through the handicaps now stepping up to listed class. One trained by Jessica Harrington. The other by Joseph O Brien. Can they handle it?

My contention is that good handicappers can step up to win listed races or group three's and they are usually value prices to do so. I tested this theory last week but it didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

Will these two make the step up?

3:30 Silence Please

4:00 San Andreas

Last edited:
2.00 Navan-Gopsies Daughter ran poorly most of last season which has seen her mark drop some 20lbs, Denis Hogan and Joe Doyle just won the 1st Div of this race easily and if she's anything like back to form has to go close in this from a good draw at a track she's won twice from before.

Very good money about for Away He Goes in the 5.55 at Newbury tomorrow.

He was second to Logician on debut and won twice since. He should never have been a 6/1 chance on the opening show. The shrewdies are on.

He'll start a 15/8 shot at this rate.

I will be sticking him in a win double with Search For A Song which is my NAP in the 7.45 at the Curragh.

A great card at the Curragh. Check out my blog for the preview. It's also at the bottom of the main forum page.

Last edited:
Tauran Shaman 7.15C
11/2

Good luck, Reet.

I have the race between Current Option and Patrick Sarsfield myself. The former has improved massively in handicaps since being gelded and switching stables. The latter has the profile of many a top handicap winner. Being beaten at short odds in maidens but now gelded stepping into a top handicap.

At first I selected Current Option but he's drifting and Patrick Sarsfield is shortening up as if he will get a run afterall (he is currently first reserve). I haven't placed my bet yet.

What should I do eh. What a dilemma.

Ps, to answer my own question, I have had to jump ship and am going to back Patrick Sarsfield. The handicapper definately won't have him just yet. He could easily be a 100+ rated horse by the end of this season.

Come on Joseph O Brien...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back