What Are You Listening To Now?

Originally posted by PDJ@Jun 7 2005, 06:05 AM
McAlmont and Butler - Yes. Still one of the best debut singles ever.
I agree.

Have been listening to Annie Lennox tonight.

I prefer McAlmont & Butler's Falling, it's a great track from a very good album. They're very good live, too.

I was listening to Athete's Tourist again on the way to work - it's very, very good.

I would thoroughly recommend that you all get down to some heavy duty Bobby Vee later tonight.

"'cause the night has a thousand eyes, and a thousand eyes........."

Originally posted by simmo@Jun 24 2005, 01:12 PM
Heavy duty Bobby Vee later tonight.

"Rubber ball, I come bouncin' back to you
Ah-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
(Bouncy, bouncy) (bouncy, bouncy)
(Bouncy, bouncy) (bouncy, bouncy)
Eee-eee-eee"

Yes, they sure don't write them like that any more... :lol:

Originally posted by Diminuendo@Jun 24 2005, 07:35 PM
I am listening to Glastonbury on BBC3. I was at Glastonbury last week, if ever any one on here gets to be in the area, check it out, its a great place.
Watching it now on BBC2 and although very little of it is to my taste i am very partial to the White Stripes - Who incidentally outclass all this Keane, Coldplay indie toss that seem popular these days.

Originally posted by Will@Jun 24 2005, 11:34 PM
Jack White loks a bit like a freak though.....
He does, but that`s the best Glastonbury set i`ve seen since Radiohead. Talking of freaks...Pete the junkie is on soon.

The Arcade Fire - Wake Up

(Some of you may know it as the music U2 walk on stage to on their current tour)

Have just walked down through the cornfields to the Bay, never saw a soul, the only sound is the sound of the sea. Magnificent.

OK, have listened to X & Y umpteen times- love it.

It is a bit dirgy here and there but hey, that feels about right for these times.

Back