What Are You Listening To Now?

I've got VH2 on in the background. Have sang very loudly to David Grey and now I'm singing Everybody Hurts.

Is James Blunt any good? The little snippet trailing his album on tv sounds nice, but I don't want a moany-groany solo-singer version of Coldplay! Buy/not buy?

:o noisy neighbours again !! this fine weather has its drawbacks don't it... also... then loud music emanates from open windows cars etc.. what makes them think I want to listen to their music.... :P :angy:

What I was trying to say, Eurosmartarse, in as FEW words as were needed, was that while the snippet sounded nice, Mr Blunt's entire album might not be so good. I don't always have the time, or inclination, when in town to listen to a whole CD to decide if I want to buy it. If his voice is as good throughout the album as it is in the ad, then I'd be interested to know.

James Blunt's songs are particuarly good and come Friday (payday!!!!! :D ) I'll be buying the album. A lot of his lyrics are powerful - he was a soldier & served time in Kosovo, a lot of the ideas for his songs he came up with whilst/regarding his service there(according to some piece I read about him before he was well-known, that is!).

Cheers Aidan, someone else recommended it highly as well, Griffin I think. I'm going shopping on Friday - been waiting for payday for ages & I need it!!!! :lol:

Today i have listened to:

Monty Pythons Previous Record :lol: :lol:
Gorgoroth - Incipit Satan
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
Mayhem - Grand Declaration Of War

Originally posted by Merlin the Magician@Jul 9 2005, 07:26 PM
:o noisy neighbours again !! this fine weather has its drawbacks don't it... also... then loud music emanates from open windows cars etc.. what makes them think I want to listen to their music.... :P :angy:
What you'll be wanting to do then is as follows. Open their car door, grab them by the hair at the back of their head. Repeatedly slam their head off the steering wheel until their face is a bloody pulp. Reach across and turn the volume down on their car stereo and then say "and keep it down". Leave.

This is not irony or sarcasm.

I think I'm alone in disliking James Blunt. His voice irritates me greatly and his tracks are too boring even for me, and I like Royksopp et al.

Considering I bought it Saturday & didn't get the chance to listen to it till this afternoon & it's now on the 3rd back-to-back playing, I reckon I like it Aidan! :D It's very good, JB has an amazing voice & he has written some fantastic lyrics.

Back