What Are You Listening To Now?

Cheers, simmo. I shall task myself to locate one with giant knobs on for the old girl. She's lost so much of her sight now, that dials and numbers are useless. I pre-set her DAB radio and she's fiddled with its twiddly bits so much, all the channels are now identical! Lovely, just another couple of decades and I, too, can be bleating about wanting to play my CDs, and nursey scolding and saying, "I've told you a hundred times, they don't make them any more!" :(

Recently listening Christopher Cross after watching him in concert this summer.

I have also Sade and Morcheeba in the CDs in the car.

Just bought a turntable so the first chance to play the old vinyl in about 15 years. Recent plays:

Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy - The Who
Night & Day - Joe Jackson

The first time I heard Cash's American IV, I thought it sounded like his obituary. "The Man Comes Around" is haunting.

For those who haven't heard it............ Johnny Cash dot com

Hadn't realised there was an American V until now. Amazon, here I come !

V is very much his tribute to June Carter and an admission that his own time was near. Very sad but also uplifting in its way.

I picked up a great bit of kit today - a set of speakers for the ipod - so now I've got the ipod playing on shuffle. I thought they'd be pretty poor quality so swerved them in the past until I went to a poker night last week & my colleague had just bought a set. I'm very impressed with the sound quality & it'll fit in the ol' suitcase handily so I don't have to listen to Ma's shite like Michael Bolton when I go back home! The only slight downside is tha lack of remote control but then again another one to add to the set of 3 sat on my table right now would be very annoying!

Originally posted by Galileo@Sep 7 2006, 09:30 PM
New Killers song, and like it alot. Bodes well for the album.
No, i really cant see the point of indie bands anymore. I mean the music The Smiths, Stone Roses, The Pixies, The Fall came out with way back in the day is never gonna be improved upon. Franz Ferdinand is the only band from that genre i have any time for nowadays.

At the moment i`m riffing on the Gnarls Barkley album - St Elsewhere. Very good.

The Pet Shop Boys are ace and they write just great pop songs. Got the Beautiful South on here. One of those bands I don't want to like (not coll enough)until I realise I am singing along to the 5th song in a row!!

Back