What Are You Listening To Now?

Sure I can understand that a lot of people can't handle any music that isn't song with clean vocals (I call them philistines)

Im not a Tom waits fan and some of the greatest vocalists (Billie, Frank) didnt necessarily have the greatest range. But on other hand you wouldnt want to hear Charlie drake singing Le Boheme

Ive always been cool towards some artists who can clearly write but have godawful voices IMO (Van morrison, Bob Dylan and especially David Bowie)

But im a soulboy at heart and you cannot get close to sam cooke, Marvin, luther

One of my favourite albums of all time is Celebrity Skin by Courtney Love. Someone summed it up by saying she was a 'lousy singer but a great vocalist'.

Im not a Tom waits fan and some of the greatest vocalists (Billie, Frank) didnt necessarily have the greatest range. But on other hand you wouldnt want to hear Charlie drake singing Le Boheme

Ive always been cool towards some artists who can clearly write but have godawful voices IMO (Van morrison, Bob Dylan and especially David Bowie)

But im a soulboy at heart and you cannot get close to sam cooke, Marvin, luther

Just spotted this. I'd give an awful lot of money to hear Charlie Drake singing La Boheme, actually....

I picked up a CD of Dexy's 'Searching for The Young Soul Rebels' (remastered), having not listened to the vinyl for about 20 years.

Played it driving to work yesterday. It lasted exactly as long as the drive in, to the second.

It's fucking wonderful. Best brass I've ever heard in a rock/ soul album.

It made me feel like I was 25 again.

The new Kasabian; going to see them in December. Hope their fans have stopped throwing bottles or urine around. Going to get a seat right at the back, just in case.

What's your favourite Oasis song? It might influence whether I listen to this.

The more I think about this the more it worries me. Please don't listen to the album on the basis that I like it. I don't mind unloading misery onto people by putting them into losers but getting them to listen to an album they don't like would be too much for me.

Thanks

Latest on my 'time to catch up with my misspent youth list' is Eldorado by ELO

A work of insane genius

All aboard for Roy Harper's 70th birthday concert on Nov 5th....

Back