What Are You Listening To Now?

I've never listened to him much..maybe one to check out..which i tend to a bit now..go back and fill in the stuff i missed out on..of which there is a lot

I was mainly into UK stuff...but I really liked Nils Lofgren a lot in the 70's..still think he is a very underrated guy

I have an extremely eclectic taste in music. Every thing from the Pistols to Minnie Riperton. I refuse to be entrenched in any era. :)

I have an extremely eclectic taste in music. Every thing from the Pistols to Minnie Riperton. I refuse to be entrenched in any era. :)

i love being entrenched :)

i like a good variety of stuff but the bands i got into in my formative years always hold a special place in my heart

I got into quite a few bands when my son was growing up.. in the early 90's i heard a lot of stuff i probably would never have chosen to hear due to him. I liked The Stone Roses, James, REM particularly from that time

There is a lot out there to go at, thats for sure

Lovin' you is easy cause you're beautiful
Makin' love with you is all i wanna do
Lovin' you is more than just a dream come true
And everything that i do is out of lovin' you
La la la la la la la... do do do do do

No one else can make me feel
The colors that you bring
Stay with me while we grow old

And we will live each day in springtime
Cause lovin' you has made my life so beautiful
And every day my life is filled with lovin' you

Lovin' you i see your soul come shinin' through
And every time that we oooooh
I'm more in love with you
La la la la la la la... do do do do do

Minnie Riperton was in a tiny elite group of people who can hit notes on the 'Whistle register'. (Mariah Carey is another I believe.) A truly beautiful voice and a tragic loss of life.

Im going to be a contrarian Scara and say that range barely matters to me. Billie had little range and so did Sinatra nor mary j. But my god they resonated

Millies beautiful song is so perfect because its from the heart. you just know it. its simple stunning and grabs you everytime

Another perfect example of this would be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZ03Q7AoaU

i would struggle to think of a finer track by anyone ever

Last edited:
Been in a musical void for ages until I started flicking radio channels and hadn't realised all the good music is on Radio 6; spent a wonderful afternoon listening to Tom Ravenscroft play the most amazing music [I remember when his dad used to talk about him in his Radio Times column; yer boy's done good, Peel]. On the subject of amazing voices saw PP Arnold a few weeks ago. Not someone that I would have chosen to see, but there had to be a reason why bands such as The Small Faces and The Stones used to work with her. What a voice. And, on the subject of the Stones, since reading Keith Richard's autobiography I'm trying to listen to more of their stuff; was never a fan till now. Never too old to learn, I suppose.

Walked into a trendy coffee shop in Putney today and you could feel everyones ears prick up to what is a really superb piece of work. Weve all heard it many times but it always resonates.Very moving and yet not the slightest bit sentimental and oh so very real.

And what a fine voice and subtle production. So many subtle inflections with her delivery too. Wonderful

Someone like you - Adele

A really great record. For me its the finest single track released in many years and up there with Unchained Melody as a one of the great ballads

Last edited:
Walked into a trendy coffee shop in Putney today and you could feel everyones ears prick up to what is a really superb piece of work. Weve all heard it many times but it always resonates.Very moving and yet not the slightest bit sentimental and oh so very real.

And what a fine voice and subtle production. So many subtle inflections with her delivery too. Wonderful

Someone like you - Adele

A really great record. For me its the finest single track released in many years and up there with Unchained Melody as a one of the great ballads

agreed - absolutely stunning..a class apart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qemWRToNYJY

mine too..i remember the live album coming out..always rated it as one of the best live albums..got to see them when they reformed after a short split in 1972 ..superb live band...ahh..i miss those shows from that time.

have you got the DVD with all the live performances on Benny?..excellent package

Last edited:
just given urban hymns - The Verve...a spin..superb album..forgotten how good it was

Has to be in my top ten of all time,absolute classic and no missing tracks out as on most albums,went down hill after he stopped taking drugs as seems to be the case in most works of brilliance.:ninja:

mine too..i remember the live album coming out..always rated it as one of the best live albums..got to see them when they reformed after a short split in 1972 ..superb live band...ahh..i miss those shows from that time.

have you got the DVD with all the live performances on Benny?..excellent package

I haven't got that EC, will search on Amazon. Sadly I'm the wrong age to have seen them live (I was born in 81), though I have seen 'Queen + Paul Rodgers', which I enjoyed.

Hadn't heard that version before EC. Breathtaking. What a talent she is. The heartbreaking picture is painted perfectly and i still cant get over the beautiful simplicity of the song

Anyway, I do like my remixes and Kendra Cash's smile gets good treatment here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vis80xLYC9s

and this is fcking great. 12 mins of one of the great Phillys by the excellent Tom moulton. An orgy of seventies flares, strings, bounce and a great lead voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGWNc1dkOgY&feature=related

Back