What Are You Listening To Now?

Dug my favourite Manic Street Preachers album out for the works van today, Generation Terrorists, Not a bad song on it I kid you not! When the boys were a proper band.

Dug my favourite Manic Street Preachers album out for the works van today, Generation Terrorists, Not a bad song on it I kid you not! When the boys were a proper band.

With the roses my fav 2 bands of all time as with most bands the music mellows out thisismytruth was still a very good album,i had everything up to till that then stopped as it was just bland.Have to be in the top ten bands of all time and definitely one of the best live.:cool:

With the roses my fav 2 bands of all time as with most bands the music mellows out thisismytruth was still a very good album,i had everything up to till that then stopped as it was just bland.Have to be in the top ten bands of all time and definitely one of the best live.:cool:

Yes The Manics along with Rage against the machine, The Smiths, The Music and the Roses are my top 5 bands. Unfortunatley I wasn't able to watch them live back then as I was only 10yr old when The Holy Bible was released :D But theres a video on youtube of the lads performing faster on top of the pops with JDB wearing a balaclava! outrageouley brilliant.:)

Dug out all my old Nick Cave cd's after seeing him last night. Think Jubilee Street was the best thing I heard all weekend. Going to buy his new one as well.

From perhaps one of the all-time greatest albums -- Who's Next.
I had the original and treasured it. Then bought the 2003 Deluxe Edition for the extra tracks -- but was extra delighted because I discovered my favourite guitarist Leslie West playing lead on one of the the bonus tracks "Baby, Don't You Do It" ! :)

From perhaps one of the all-time greatest albums -- Who's Next.
I had the original and treasured it. Then bought the 2003 Deluxe Edition for the extra tracks -- but was extra delighted because I discovered my favourite guitarist Leslie West playing lead on one of the the bonus tracks "Baby, Don't You Do It" ! :)

I loved Mountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ9yj07Kb5g

Last edited:
One of Felix's finest songs.
Tho' being a sad old stickler I prefer the song to be given its full and proper title -- "Nantucket Sleighride (To Owen Coffin)". :eek:
(Worth googling the background of the song -- 19th century whaling; the infamous cannibalism by the survivors of the Essex whaling boat; the ultimate sacrifice of the young Owen Coffin).

I have every Mountain track -- on album, live recording, bootleg, or mp3. Seriously.
I'm a Mountain nut ! :)

One of Felix's finest songs.
Tho' being a sad old stickler I prefer the song to be given its full and proper title -- "Nantucket Sleighride (To Owen Coffin)". :eek:
(Worth googling the background of the song -- 19th century whaling; the infamous cannibalism by the survivors of the Essex whaling boat; the ultimate sacrifice of the young Owen Coffin).

I have every Mountain track -- on album, live recording, bootleg, or mp3. Seriously.
I'm a Mountain nut ! :)

Yes i've got a lot of live stuff too..when Nantucket Sleighride came out we played that album to death..happy days

Felix produced the later Cream albums..heavily influenced by Jack Bruce...it was a sad way to die

Indeed it was ! (Gail Collins -- may you never find peace in this world or the next).
Mountain keyboardist -- Steve Knight -- died earlier this year from Parkinson's, btw.

Indeed it was ! (Gail Collins -- may you never find peace in this world or the next).
Mountain keyboardist -- Steve Knight -- died earlier this year from Parkinson's, btw.

i didn't know..i usually have a look at the Steve Hoffman forum at least once a day and there is usually a thread if anyone dies.

Meself, I always felt that the Small Faces evolved into a better band with the departure of Steve Marriott and his replacement by Ronnie and Rod.
But I accept that it is fundamentally a matter of personal taste when all is said and done. :)

I discovered Maverick Sabre for the first time yesterday.

I hope this makes me hip and zeitgeist, but fear it really means I'm a sad, flabby, old bast*rd.

Nevertheless, they're a very groovy beat combo.:cool:

Last edited:
Never heard of 'em, so I had a listen just now.
Serious question, GrassH, -- without intent to insult or belittle or anything -- but is the singer somewhat retarded or with "learning difficulties. Looks to me as if he has a mild form of mongolism -- and his articulation seems a little skewed.
Again, no desire to degrade the lad. It's a genuine question.

He is definitely reminiscent of Findlay Quaye, who some of a certain vintage may recall warbling in similary-peculiar style

Findlay Quaye was a half-caste Hibs fan from Leith - which is about as f*cked-up as it gets.

Maybe they're related?

Well this guy in Maverick Sabre is definitely-maybe related to Wayne Rooney !
Like two peas in a pod, they are.

for anyone that thinks Clapton stopped ripping it up in the 60's..
Never was I one who thought Clapton had "lost it" post-era Bluesbreakers or Cream. :)
Fact is my favourite Clapton solo is from his later career.
Gin House Blues, Yokohama, 3:00 -5:40 is hard to beat for passion, soul, note-bending and sheer technical perfection. He sure gets a lovely tone out of that ol' Strat!
(I do believe that of Fender players, only Dave Gilmore can equal Clapton for tone).

Anyway, fast forward to 3:00 for a masterclass. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjRI8LXChus

Never was I one who thought Clapton had "lost it" post-era Bluesbreakers or Cream. :)
Fact is my favourite Clapton solo is from his later career.
Gin House Blues, Yokohama, 3:00 -5:40 is hard to beat for passion, soul, note-bending and sheer technical perfection. He sure gets a lovely tone out of that ol' Strat!
(I do believe that of Fender players, only Dave Gilmore can equal Clapton for tone).

Anyway, fast forward to 3:00 for a masterclass. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjRI8LXChus

I've not seen that before Icebreaker..great solo..great song really

Back