What Are You Listening To Now?

Last edited:
Won't let me copy it for some reason but I keep watching/playing the official video for Woodkid; Run Boy Run [it's used in the Priority Sport advert but I've only just seen the actual video].

The 80s was a depressing time for music till truely great bands emerged, the smiths,manic street preachers,janes addiction,stone roses,death cult(turned into a cheesy rock band)and made a fortune with some big chart hits they were far better pre 90,the ''dreamtime album is a classic should be in anyones collection if into something abit heavy,even suede produced some cracking stuff even though quite commercial later on early stuff is brilliant.The mid eighties with those bands through till the 90s was a very good ten years,now followed by whining indie bands where you wouldn't even know if they've got amps!

Missed out nirvana,metallica,rage against the machine the list was endless golden era in music!!:blink:

Bought the Alt J cd after seeing them on the Mercury Music Awards; one of the most amazing albums I've ever heard. Think, for once, the judges got it right. Don't know what to describe the music as, but there's a tiny bit of the New [now old] Romantics thrown in somewhere, with a touch of early Radiohead and Sigur Ros. And The Flowerpot Men [can't understand any of the words, if there are, in fact, words; possibly algebraic formulae]. Worth buying for the cd case alone with it's touch of origami. [I'm not selling it vey well, am I ?]

Last edited:
Just relistened to the new Neil Young. Very disappointed when I first heard it but it's grown on me. Still wouldn't recommend it, though.

Back