What Are You Listening To Now?

LOL, "Goo Goo Muck" live at the Mudd Club. :lol:

Good ol' Rockabilly Punk. Lux Interior (RIP) is ripping it up here. Poison Ivy is/was a babe.
As for muscianship tho', well .................. best not comment.
Anyone remember another one of theirs which charted in the UK -- "Can Your Pussy Do The Dog"? :D

Musicianship? They are not interpreting beethovens op131 ffs

The Beatles masterpieces Eleanor rigby and she's leaving home were barely the Beatles playing and didn't have boring guitar solos...thank god

What's is it with the artic monkeys? Only heard a couple of things and admittedly inde pop is irrelevant to me (or anyone i know...not big down here I sometimes think) but there was nothing there at all. Drab and same old

and they absolutely butchered a great Amy Winehouse track. Talk about missing the point. Possibly the worst cover i've ever heard by anyone.

Wasn't that predicated on out-selling Appetite For Destruction? Only around 27 million sales short :)

I think that was a boast rather than an "if". ;)

My recollection was from an interview with NME where they stated that they didn't want to be making records for years, they just wanted to make one album, have it be the biggest selling album of all time then disband.

4REAL.

You can stick your miserable deadbeat unoriginal northern student moaners

This lot had more wit humour and sheer atmospheric brilliance than just about anyone over past 30 years. I loved them. The third fired up even the deadest party or club night and the last is one of the great singles. Best British since the Beatles for me (and the dark humour was similar)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0GARTk_Nk

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PyeWRd7ZEBs

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WX2wybAIAHU

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9E5i7l-Eg

Last edited:
Just bought Beady Eye, Of Monsters and Men, London Grammar and Airborne Toxic Event [recommended by my ex boss]. Not listened to them yet, though. But bought Haim yesterday; thought they were very overrated at Glastonbury but liked them when they were on the Jools Holland New Year show and the album is really good.

der94yjpg.gif

Last edited:
Ill tell why they were brilliant. Being a soul/jazz person im not drawn to electronica at all and certainly not the gay disco scene. But they clinched it. Best British band since the Beatles without a doubt

Also surprised how productive they were.

Ill tell why they were brilliant. Being a soul/jazz person im not drawn to electronica at all and certainly not the gay disco scene. But they clinched it. Best British band since the Beatles without a doubt

Also surprised how productive they were.

No.

They were none of these things.

Except productive.

If you're going to compare them with a sixties band then they are The Hollies. With much worse songs.

Yeah right

The hollies really set the world alight didn't they.

Icebreaker. Don't like inde or rock music much frankly. Nine of those bands meant a good night out in a club or party and certainly few of them brought a smile to my face. After punk, rock music meant little to anyone Round here

I tended not to spend my time with smelly headbangers

Last edited:
All four of those songs are excellent especially the 2nd and 4th ones down.
Not so sure about best british band since the fab 4 though
That one goes to Morrissey and the boys.

Good wind up though grass and really despite fonzs love , who is? Nothing is within a million miles of the Beatles really. But like the Beatles, they were liked right across the board. Not many achieved that

I know my jazz. Nothing beats kind of blue as recording or coltranes Atlantic years or billies wonderful time stopping delivery

Fonz. Yes. It's a sin, heart, being boring, list goes on. Unique sound, sort off kraftwerk mixed with Spector and that real rarity of lyrics you had to hear. Yep. What have I done is a truly great single. Sort of weary and languid then dusty sends a shiver with that beautiful voice

Last edited:
Bought the 30th anniversary re-issue of Goats Head Soup -- "Goats Head Soup Reheated" -- as a Christmas present to meself.
And love it.
I always thought G.H.S was a massively under-rated album; possibly because it was the follow up to Exile. This re-mastered issue brings Wyman's bass "to the front" ( his bass had always been kinda lost in the mix in original recordings for some reason). And it makes a huge difference to the overall sound. Extra bonus tracks are included also.

Anyway, many really great Stones songs were laid down on GHS, backed by Taylor's wonderful wah wah and slide guitar playing. From Jagger's reminiscing on the aging process in "100 Years Ago", through the wistful and poignant "Angie" and the storming "Silver Train" to the concluding Starfucker -- quite possibly the most obscene song lyrics ever set down on vinyl, referencing as it does sex toys like foam, sex with fruit, etc etc.

"Ali McGraw got mad with you
For givin' head to Steve McQueen.
But I'll make bets that you won't get
John Wayne before he dies."

:lol:

Tidy

Used to like sly and Robbie back in the day. A great album was two sevens clash by culture.

Time I revisited it all a bit..

Back