What Are You Listening To Now?

:lol:

Good one....for you anyway. :cool:

Actually, now that I'm off the snouts, I'm obviously off the good, green stuff too. Haven't killed anyone yet, so it's going better than expected.

"every amateur believes they can play it and every professional despairs it doing it justice". As fine a piece of music as has ever been written. dont throw around the word genius until you hear genuine genius. How is it sounds so new and different each time ?

adagio at 13.00 is where it is "done justice" by a genuinely great player of the most underrated instrument of them all. Beautiful. Absolutely stunning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKy967puebk

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone else watches the Musicares tribute shows that are shown on Sky Arts from time to time but there was one this week devoted to James Taylor. Basically covers of his songs by other artists in front of an invited audience. Particularly liked this:

This is dedicated to the ever strange Ricky Lake, to give him some of the attention that the old fatso craves :lol:

Kate Bush ~ Them Heavy People

Find it very sad what happened over there,as it was a nice place to hang out. Glad that they take in waifs and strays over here!

But this Chit Chat is dead, Moe, sadly.

I did try to whoomph the place up, but failed. Nathan turning his back on me didn't help but we all know that he's very loyal to TRF. Take care and maybe see you at Exeter races one day. Cheers.

I'm definately going to Dartmouth soon'ish if you're round that way Wolf. Assume racing will have finished at Exeter by the time I head southwards.

I went to see Catfish and the bottlemen at Leeds the other week, few technical problems at the start but really good gig. Atmosphere was electric, massive buzz about this band. Really catchy songs and they seem really down to earth in the interviews I've seen, including a really good one with Steve Lamacq. Not a bad song on the album, this tour has been sold out every night and they are playing a few festivals this summer. Can see them being huge.

Checked them out on utube; they're good. Also remembered, seeing it on the same utube page that I've been meaning to get the latest Jamie T album for ages [keep forgetting].

I found this 3 CD set quite funny- It's meant to be a Goth Anthology :lol:

14bhxzr.jpg

Really liked Songhoy Blues on Jools Holland the other night; do like the music that comes out of Mali. And can't wait to get the new Blur album. Also, an old favourite of mine has an album in the charts..Sufjan Stevens. Well worth a lsten.

Oh yeahhhhhhhh,
Goat are great !
Love 'em. A mix of Afro rhythms and psych rock. I've always liked stoner/desert metal, and Goat are a progression of that.
Only dislike I have had with Goat since I first heard them a year ago is the female vocals which I think are a little harsh. Small nitpicking, tho'.

Back