What Are You Listening To Now?

Mention of the lovely Paloma Faith on another thread has prompted a quick look on YouTube at one of the best songs from last year

For my good friends David and Nathan

jrs56a.jpg

Would have helped if you guys could pose in alphabetical order left to right like Ant and Dec do :p

Last edited:
^^ Not bad, awsome might be pushing it though :)

Imho etc.

Had a quick look at some more of their stuff. That guy is like a cross between Johnny Rotten and John Cooper Clarke. Some interesting titles to the tunes as well.

Last edited:
This should be in the watching section but I think it's more suited to this one. Watched the BBC4 repeat of Troubadours last night, which I don't think I've seen before. I must admit to not being a great fan of Carole King and must be the only person from that era that didn't buy Tapestry, but I hadn't realised how much she performed/collaborated with James Taylor [still does], or how many songs she'd written for other people. Or that James Taylor had been signed by Apple records early in his career. So today I'll see if Tapestry is on utube and also replay Sweet Baby James [which I DID buy].

......I also must have gone past The Troubadour itself when I was in Los Angeles but was too jet lagged to notice it; damn...

Last edited:
Carole King wrote an enormous number of songs for other artists as part of the Brill Building group of songwriters. Goin' Back is a classic with several very different takes on it by the likes of Dusty Springfield, Nils Lofgren, Phil Collins and the Pretenders. Even Freddie Mercury managed a half decent version but this one just about shades it over Dusty for me:

Not only is she a very talented lady but also an incredibly nice person. A lot of the people from that era are still very focused on 'saving the world' [the ones that survived their own demons, that is].

[the ones that survived their own demons, that is].[/QUOTE]
none more so than James Taylor himself, his "Hourglass" albums the best ive ever heard.

It's not, Moe, it's the official video for this single from the Aerial album, getting on for 10 years ago now.

This was performed at The Before The Dawn shows last year and looking forward to getting the DVD which will be out in the next two or three months.

(Hopefully)

Last edited:
Is that Clare Balding when she used to present the racing with Julian Wilson? [she said BEFORE watching the actual video.....]

Last edited:
I downloaded a Doors album this morning - The Complete Studio Album - and have just established that they recorded a number called 'I'm Horny, I'm Stoned'.

I finally have a theme-tune.

Back