What Are You Listening To Now?

8 Mile is also a great film. don't know how true it really was but he beat those black guys good and proper at their own game in real life. IMO :-)

[video=vimeo;21266439]http://vimeo.com/21266439[/video]

One more from Eminem and one of the greatest videos to a song ever

[video=vimeo;41205905]http://vimeo.com/41205905[/video]

We spent the whole of a summer holiday in Cornwall singing Sunday Bloody Sunday in the car; I'm not a great fan of U2 but I loved that song.

Agree with that Moe, I played the Under A Blood Red Sky album to death in the early 80s, which included the choon that you mentioned. Bought a couple more of their albums which didn't get played anywhere near as much and i've had little interest in their output for some time now - but they were very good in their time.

Last edited:
Regarding black pianists, it's difficult for me to imagine a grand and majestic black pianist without thinking of the peerless James Booker

Quite enjoyed that. If you like piano which veers towards jazz but with a strong rhyming feel, the peerless McCoy tyner is worth a look. For more lyrical and accessible I would certainly listen to brad mehldau.

Wolf -keep putting up the links - really enjoyed listening toNew Years Day - Under a Blood Red Sky was the first album I bought and I absolutely played it to death.

I bought a turntable recently. Haven't listed to vinyl for years but was weirdly over the last couple of years still buying it because a few of the bands I like are very niche and bring out special editions of albums on vinyl - like double albums for 50 minute records which means the grooves are nice and fat so the sound is meatier and albums with leather sleeves (yes I am still 17 at heart)

One of the few singles that I've got on 12" vinyl. I can go many months without playing it, but always glad when I do get the urge. There's something about Marc Almond's vocal and accompanying trumpet that make this a bit special.

Last edited:
FAK's cover of America. Performed for Paul Simon at the Polar Music Prize awards 2012

These Swedish sisters are touring the UK this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462lDlULSBk

Im a bit addicted to this classic at the moment. A beautiful track.

What a wonderful album "Rumours" truly was. It really hit heights of excellence -- virtually every track a gem. And the production values and instrumentation top notch too.
All the more laudable when you consider how the individual band members were literally at each others throats at the time, strung out on addictive substances, and shagging each other's wives.

I do think Dreams is a masterpiece but my absolute favourite track of the album would probably be "Go Your Own Way". (Lindsay Buckingham actually telling Stevie Nicks in song to f**k off). :)

Last edited:
Another Rumours fan here. The infighting at the time is discussed on the FM story that pops up from time to time on BBC 4

Go your own way would also be my favourite track

I do like the other tracks and go your own way is striking and possibly even a bit nasty but nicks delicate vocals and the slide guitar on dreams really makes it stand out for me. It's a track I never tire of

The Kinks made some great tunes(I've stopped saying choon) and this is certainly one of them.. Days

Back