What are you watching

SO glad they didn't show the bloke coming out from under the bed in that - traumatised me for weeks !!!

:lol: me too! Beginning last night with woman on own in dilapidated house....thought was going the same way!

It's so good - pay them all any money BBC to write/film some more!

Me and my daughter stopped watching Luther after a terrifying episode in the first series [woman alone in a house with a small baby if I remember right]. Thought I'd give it another go last night and was petrified watching the first few minutes. There's me thinking these Scandinavian dramas had toughened me up as well.

Me and my daughter stopped watching Luther after a terrifying episode in the first series [woman alone in a house with a small baby if I remember right]. Thought I'd give it another go last night and was petrified watching the first few minutes. There's me thinking these Scandinavian dramas had toughened me up as well.

It 'calmed' down after that, honest. Too good not to give it a go on catch up. :)

Just finished the first season of Luther on Netflix. I thought the first three episodes were so so and then it just exploded. So good.

I love Luther. Love it.

This serial killer story line in this one is like something else though, either I've read it in a book or seen a film/TV show with the same premise. Can't for the life of me recall it though.

The killer in it framed an alarm engineer - the engineer was down as having attended all the properties where the people who were murdered lived. I think they found the murder weapon at his place - hammer sellotaped behind his bedside table - I can't really remember much else though. The actual killer was recording the killings through the person's own webcam. Think it was a book I read on holiday in the summer - probably just picked it up in the hotel library. Really bugging me that I can't remember what it was.

Last episode of The Bridge. It said in a review 'Saga will break your heart' so I was forewarned. Won't say any more in case people are watching on catchup.

Resident evil -Extinction think this will go down as one of my fav films of all time on more movies....

The new Luther series struck me as just another heart-and-lung-eating serial killer chase. Unoriginal.
And, the first episode last week contained a glaring blooper -- the detective -- Theo Something -- was searching Luther's cottage; there was a woman hiding in the shower which seemed to have escaped the notice of this experienced plod. Highly unlikely in the real world.
But, I guess it deserves watching for a little more before judgement is passed.

I think Fargo is marvellous, btw. Lovely touches of humour and the absurd woven into it.

As the last episode of The Bridge ended I said to the S.O.' that was the weirdest happy ending we'll ever see'; even though it was a 'happy ending' and I was blubbing as per usual. I don't think I've ever wanted a fictional character to have a happy ending the way I have done for Saga [the possible exception being Edward Scissorhands]. Doubt if there will be another series though.

Surely they'll try and figure out what happened to Henrik's kids, Moe? They've certainly left the door open to that as a plot option (he said hopefully).

Last edited:
They've left it open [as they did with The Killing] but the actress who plays Saga said she found the role very tiring. Know what you mean, though; I want another series but feel we've left those two characters at just the right time. Ridiculous thing is I find myself wondering how Saga is even knowing she's not real. May rewatch the first two series.

The writer has said he may stop at 3 as 'all the others have stopped at 3' referring to Borgen, The Kiling etc.
I think there is massive scope for another series, the search for the kids for one and could take them out of the comfort of the police force.
I have read that it takes her a long time to get over Saga, but if the demand is there, they can wait for her I hope.

I'm looking forward to 'Dickensian', 'And Then There Were None', 'The Royal Institution Christmas Lectures' and 'The Abominable Bride'

The Christmas Lectures are entitled 'How To Survive In Space': Hopefully there'll be an episode entitled 'How To Survive in Cyberspace' with Warbler and Clivex used as examples...or counter examples, I'm not sure :)

Goodwill to all, enjoyed the banter here on TH Chit-Chat, thanks

Last edited:
Very funny I taking a long break from those discussions anyway you will be relieved to know

im not a big tv watcher but Were doomed about dads army was an absolute gem . Think it's on again tomorrow. The scene with rod hull as Flanagan is a stand out amongst many

Very funny I taking a long break from those discussions anyway you will be relieved to know

im not a big tv watcher but Were doomed about dads army was an absolute gem . Think it's on again tomorrow. The scene with rod hull as Flanagan is a stand out amongst many

Just a truce until New Year, I hope; it'll be a cold, cold winter without regular blasts of, sometimes enhancing, hot air

I watched 'We're Doomed' last night. A lovely, affectionate tribute and very funny. By the way it was Roy Hudd, not Rod Hull. I know this because he didn't have an emu clinging to his groin

Good to see you on TRF again and managing within just a few nanoseconds to irritate another correspondent, keep it up:)

Not the place to say it but the trf racing chat is lively again I've noticed. yes he was worth irritating.

Never self regarding about these things but I'll explain . time is tight and having year old posts of mine dug up to be repeated completely without context had me crying enough... Seems like I was endlessly posting corrections and denials. Also long winded posts test the patience. They are usually just a vehicle for sneaking in certain myths . Just don't have the time or will. Worse is the anglophobe who constantly makes certain accusations that have to be countered. A real creep I must say

There is a general rule in life and one that I certainly apply in business when meeting owners When someone says too much they are ultimately unsure of their brief.

roy Hudd of course. It was magic wasn't it?

Titchfield thunderbolt tonight. Can't wait)

Last edited:
Back