What are you watching

I've heard good things about that Dads army thing from a number of people - i might give it a go on Iplayer.

Looking forward to Dr Who ( obviously) and Call the Midwife later.

Roasting of Justin bieber on now on comedy channel saw it earlier talk about ripping people to pieces,great stuff!:lol:

the Bryan Adams concert was excellent on new years eve..a great performer..very fresh sound still..very powerful singer..Beverley Knight bit was superb

Sinatra doc over two nights was easily the highlight for me. Hardly watched anything else admittedly but it was fantastic. 4 hours and gripping

Was that a new documentary made to celebrate his centenary?

Saw it was on but thought it was just a repeat of one broadcast a couple of years or so ago, which was indeed very good

'And Then There Were None' was jolly good but why-oh-why the need to chuck in the occasional effing. De rigueur it may be, but it ain't tough and it ain't clever: it's just ugly, tedious and its use best restricted to Internet Forums:)

Last edited:
Lots of swearing really puts me off - especially comedians, it's just not nececcary.

Anyhoo, I'm watching Pride and prejudice this morning, Drama are showing them all ( I think) up till 2pm and that suits me grand as background stuff for while I'm tidying up and hoping not to get called back to work.
Absolutely love this, in all its forms ( I even like the film with Keira knightly in!) Mr Bennet is a work of genius :)

Last edited:
I didn't realise at first; I think it comes out more in the book than the film. Thought it was complete rubbish when I read it at first but it grew on me.

I'm ashamed to say that I've never read any Jane Austen so Helen Fielding is the closest I've got to it. Have Pride and Prejudice on my bookshelf though, to look good.

Netflix dumped ten episodes of 'Make A Murderer' documentary last month. It was recommended to me by a friend yesterday. I switched on the first episode and ended up going to bed at 6am six episodes later. Outstanding.

Last edited:
Walking the Himalayas. Fascinating stuff. Hoping the same guys 'Walking the Nile' is on catchup [assume he walked next to it not innit]...

Walking the Himalayas. Fascinating stuff. Hoping the same guys 'Walking the Nile' is on catchup [assume he walked next to it not innit]...

Just caught 2nd episode of WTH - as you say fascinating. Loved the bit in the Saffron Shop! I had forgotten the guy from WTN - that I did see and really enjoyed.

Anyone see Deutschland 83? Decent enough start at the weekend.

Also started watching Narcos on Netflix a couple of days back. Three episodes in so far, and proving to be reasonably compelling.

Also found a 'Nordic Noir' collection on Virgin On Demand, and have been watching a(nother) Swedish crime-drama called 'Van Vetteren'. There seems to be a handful of feature-length outings, and it appears to be filmed in ultra-low-def, so not sure how old it might be. It's not so good as Beck or Wallander, but is worth a nose.

Last edited:
Blimey; Walking the Nile was a bit mind blowing seeing some of it on catchup. First the shock of seeing Levison[sp] without a beard [realised that I don't know what most men look like at all these beardy days; bit like them seeing us without our make up I guess] and then he literally loses his walking companion. Wasn't expecting that. Then he walks through a minefield and ends up in the middle of a battle. And I'm only just starting on episode three [oh and he washes his hair in cow pee; thank goodness we don't have smelly vision but, even so I think I can actually smell it...]

Netflix dumped ten episodes of 'Make A Murderer' documentary last month. It was recommended to me by a friend yesterday. I switched on the first episode and ended up going to bed at 6am six episodes later. Outstanding.

This is frying my mind and making my blood boil.

Someone bought the DVDs of Mad Dogs for me thinking I would like it: I like the cast, but there are so many holes in the plot, it is driving me mad but I feel obliged to try and keep watching it :(

Blimey; Walking the Nile was a bit mind blowing seeing some of it on catchup. First the shock of seeing Levison[sp] without a beard [realised that I don't know what most men look like at all these beardy days; bit like them seeing us without our make up I guess] and then he literally loses his walking companion. Wasn't expecting that. Then he walks through a minefield and ends up in the middle of a battle. And I'm only just starting on episode three [oh and he washes his hair in cow pee; thank goodness we don't have smelly vision but, even so I think I can actually smell it...]
Oh I'd forgotten about the chap who died - pretty traumatic for them all as it happened so quickly.

Have just finished my Suits latest season I am now at a loose end. What series is worth giving a go? Bear in mind I have watched and appreciated the following shows in order of preference (giving an idea of my taste or lack of)

(Plus im too lazy to trawl through the full thread, sorry)

The Sopranos
The Wire
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Suits
Homeland
Banshee
Peaky Blinders....

Suppose they are the main ones. Tried Mad Men, could not get into it at all...

Last edited:
Seen the film "Joy" the other night on a rare cinema visit, it was slow to begin, then quickened up into a sprint. Wouldn't be rushing out to buy the DVD in truth..

Back