What are you watching

:lol:

Oh and and looking forward to the second series of Race Across The World (was tempted to apply but couldn’t find anyone mental enough to join me!). Anyway when I was flying out to Marrakesh last September, we sat next to a girl who admitted she was going to be a contestant. And watching the trailer, there she is! She’s doing it with her brother as they grew apart as they got older and she missed the closeness they once had. We gave her plenty of coaching on how to come across well on TV so let’s hope she listened!

I didn't get on with David Copperfield as I kept trying to think how it had veered away from the original. Also found that all the really funny bits [and they were funny] had been shown in the trailers. Mind you, I didn't enjoy 'The Death of Stalin' either. Will probably watch it on dvd when it comes out and think I'll enjoy it more now I understand where it's coming from. It was certainly more enjoyable than Parasite.....

Watching Rod Stewart murdering his old classics- he needs to knock it on the head now and play with his trains. Want to remember him as he was.

Brit Awards btw

When we were at Punchestown many years ago we were told that Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood started singing in a pub in Naas but the landlord told them to shut up as it was a no music pub. To the disgruntlement of the people drinking there I would imagine. Ronnie Wood has [or had] a property just outside Naas and the lady who ran the B&B where we stayed knew him. I liked that folky stuff Rod Stewart did a year or so back.

Aljazeera -Child soldiers you can watch these all week or on utube,fantastic programmes every week..

Cracking film on film 4 Northern soul forward 15 years and they remind me of myself in different genre of music,great stuff..

There was an interesting documentary on Chrissie Hinds on BBC4 last night. Never been much of a fan until I realised that we both like wandering around graveyards. Missed the beginning so will rewatch on catchup...

There was an interesting documentary on Chrissie Hinds on BBC4 last night. Never been much of a fan until I realised that we both like wandering around graveyards. Missed the beginning so will rewatch on catchup...

I can recommend her biography 'Reckless' if you've not read it. She was certainly 'a bit of a girl' in her youth I was quite shocked by some of it. You can get it on Ebay for £2.99 and that includes postage

Aljazeera -101 east looking at the animals wiped out in australian fires another beauty from best news channel..

Saw 'Official Secrets' last night and it's the powerful true story of Katharine Gun (Keira Knightley), a translator at GCHQ who blew the whistle on the Blair/Bush axis which intended to con UN members into voting for a war with Iraq on the WMD pretext. Incredible number of strokes pullled by the 'Dirty Tricks' brigade of the respective Intelligence services in efforts to suppress this news, and the film pulls no punches in exposing all the sordid detail.
Brilliant story imo, and the most interesting movie I've seen in a while.

Really enjoying Race Across the World, second episode on tonight. My girl is doing fine - well until her rucksack got soaked with rain.

Really enjoying Race Across the World, second episode on tonight. My girl is doing fine - well until her rucksack got soaked with rain.

Yes; I've been watching that. Never realised how many amazing places there were to see in that part of the world. Is she the girl with the long blond hair? I was trying to remember what you'd said about the couple you'd met....

Nothing much of note been on since White House Farm and Who wants to be a Millionaire, which pops up for a week every now and then. looking forward to the return of Gentleman Jack whenever that is.

Old Millionaire shows on 46 and Homes Under The Hammer on 25 are regularly watched, which gives an insight into my life in old(ish) age :)

Yes; I've been watching that. Never realised how many amazing places there were to see in that part of the world. Is she the girl with the long blond hair? I was trying to remember what you'd said about the couple you'd met....
Yes, part of the brother/sister team now in the lead. I met her on a flight out to Morocco last September before she went on it. She hadn’t actually watched the last series but her mother thought she and her brother should do it as they had drifted apart so much. Really liked her and hope she wins. I gave her plenty of coaching on how to win it! And I said “be nice and don’t bitch about the other teams on camera” which she hasn’t done yet. Whereas the couple who have left and the other blonde girl seemed to be snarling a bit when they saw rival teams.

Howe could i have forgotten about the recent 3 parter on the Gypsy King - Tyson Fury - Top stuff that was

No idea if this has been mentioned before on the thread but I've started watching Mrs O's boxed set of The Newsroom.

It's by Aaron Sorkin and he's bang on form. The best drama I've seen since The West Wing (also by Sorkin, at least in the first few series).

No idea if this has been mentioned before on the thread but I've started watching Mrs O's boxed set of The Newsroom.

It's by Aaron Sorkin and he's bang on form. The best drama I've seen since The West Wing (also by Sorkin, at least in the first few series).

Someone told me about this at the time but I haven't got round to watching it - don't buy many DVDs. Good cast - Jeff Daniels is always good value. Love Sorkin's stuff tho - was rewatching some of The West Wing the other night. I liked Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip too but that didn't do so well. I have a HUGE soft spot for Bradley Whitford.
Perhaps we could set up an exchange programme of box sets during the Virus Crisis? :)

The Newsroom is excellent, good storylines and oft attacked by hardline Republicans. Great endorsement for me. I
I found that all seven series of the Shield, which for me is right up there with the Wire and doesn’t entail learning a new language, are available on All Four. Didn’t get to see all first time around,, too busy. Not the case now.

Last edited:
The Newsroom is excellent, good storylines and oft attacked by hardline Republicans. Great endorsement for me. I
I found that all seven series of the Shield, which for me is right up there with the Wire and doesn’t entail learning a new language, are available on All Four. Didn’t get to see all first time around,, too busy. Not the case now.

I LOVED the Shield! Thought I as the only one :)

Classic F A Cup quarter finals on the BBC Red Button: Currently WBA against Nottingham Forest -Atkinson/Clough era....proper tackles, no moaning about everything.
Moved on to Arsenal v Watford 1977....and they're playing Cloud Bursting over the top by Kate, worth it for that if nothing else !!!

Enjoyed 'Quiz' tonight. Part 2 tomorrow and concludes on Wednesday.

Though it did remind me of how ridiculously addicted I was to it back in the day - Great to see it back with occasional shows like the recent one. And I must say that even though I wanted Tarrant back at the helm, Clarkson does a great job as host.

Thanks for the reminder about 'Quiz', forgot about it

I've been recording episodes of 'Armchair Theatre' being shown on the Talking Pictures channel. Oldsters might recall the series from the '60s & '70s. The ones I've watched so far have been enjoyable if unconsequential and the main interest has been seeing familiar actors 'before they were famous'. One I watched last night from 1970 featured a youthfull John Thaw and Michael Jayston

Great to see kipper ties and polyester flares again:)

Back