World Hurdle 2015

P.Nicholls
I think Zarkandar should be favourite. He has solid form and and he probably should have won at Ascot before Christmas when he pulled up in front. The more competitive race will suit him and he had a racecourse gallop at Wincanton on Wednesday and it was the best I have seen him for a long time.

"Saphir Du Rheu is improving, but in my mind Zarkandar is a bit more battle-hardened and experienced and I feel that Rock On Ruby will give him a good lead into the race so he doesn't have to get there too soon."

No idea why they are still talking about AFC going of this... Hopefully BG will be on the winner.

No idea why they are still talking about AFC going of this... Hopefully BG will be on the winner.

Agree AFC is a hound. Similarities to last season though yet ran 3rd at the festival. The 2 in front of him unlikely to be there.
50s now, nothing would surprise me.

Agree with part two.

Doesn't look great but there's a few in there that we don't know how good they are or how well they will run'
If Champion Hurdle winner Rock on Ruby wins it would put a new face on the race.

Beat That, Blue Fashion, Seeyouatmidnight are very talented and could be better than we may think.

But I agree if Zarkandar did win the race it would have to be one shite World Hurdle

They would want to be more worried about him flopping in 2 Champion Hurdles 2 Aintree Hurdles, a World Hurdle and The Aintree stayers already.

I'm actually amazed Blue Fashion is still available at 20/1. In the context of this field, he remains massively unexposed, and the last two horses to finish ahead of him in a race are More Of That and Faugheen. As profiles go, it's vastly more attractive than almost everything ahead of him in the betting, and I find it bizarre that he isn't pulling in more of the market.

Last edited:
I'm actually amazed Blue Fashion is still available at 20/1. In the context of this field, he remains massively unexposed, and the last two horses to finish ahead of him in a race are More Of That and Faugheen. As profiles go, it's vastly more attractive than almost everything ahead of him in the betting, and I find it bizarre that he isn't pulling in more of the market.

Am very hopeful with this fella too. My main commitment in the race.

Agree AFC is a hound. Similarities to last season though yet ran 3rd at the festival. The 2 in front of him unlikely to be there.
50s now, nothing would surprise me.

Agree with part two.

Watching yesterday AFC has some serious problems. Initially I felt it was down to the lack of confidence caused by that time he nearly fell with Geraghty at Newbury. Now I'm starting to think along the lines he should be scoped for gastric ulcers. He jumps big and awkwardly as though something is hurting. And his head is up and to the side which also makes me think he's in pain. When horses have ulcers (and he is exactly the lean, nervy type prone to them) they get a build up of stomach acid which can splash onto them especially when they jump causing considerable discomfort. This can make them balloon a fence. We have pointer at the moment who has been called a dog for the last 2 seasons - he won first time out last year but his form tails off rapidly. This year he was retired after a lack lustre display including some really poor jumping. Now I have never ridden a more genuine horse at home and I have been banging on about ulcers for ages. So fast forward a couple of months, Nicholls is v public about treating Silvanico Conti, Al Ferof and Dodging Bullets with ulcers and hey presto, our horse is suddenly out of retirement and on the gold dust that is Gastroguard. I hope it works!

Good luck with that, jj.

Almost 5 years to the day that Binocular was 'out for the season'. More Of That 6/1 NRNB with Skybet.

Last edited:
Watching yesterday AFC has some serious problems. Initially I felt it was down to the lack of confidence caused by that time he nearly fell with Geraghty at Newbury. Now I'm starting to think along the lines he should be scoped for gastric ulcers. He jumps big and awkwardly as though something is hurting. And his head is up and to the side which also makes me think he's in pain. When horses have ulcers (and he is exactly the lean, nervy type prone to them) they get a build up of stomach acid which can splash onto them especially when they jump causing considerable discomfort. This can make them balloon a fence. We have pointer at the moment who has been called a dog for the last 2 seasons - he won first time out last year but his form tails off rapidly. This year he was retired after a lack lustre display including some really poor jumping. Now I have never ridden a more genuine horse at home and I have been banging on about ulcers for ages. So fast forward a couple of months, Nicholls is v public about treating Silvanico Conti, Al Ferof and Dodging Bullets with ulcers and hey presto, our horse is suddenly out of retirement and on the gold dust that is Gastroguard. I hope it works!

He's clearly not been the easiest to get right which is a shame.

Good luck too.

Flax seeds are said to reverse ulcers in 6 weeks Jinnyj if my friend Richard is to be believed.
Best of luck to you in any case as none of us deserve to suffer in silence and be expected to do a days work as well.
AFC probably needs to go pointing and get his confidence back.
He had a tough tough season in 2013/14 that left its mark imo.

A crashing fall at the last for Briar Hill who looked certain to win at Navan-he might find it hard to come back from that.

Back