World Hurdle 2015

I think Oliver Sherwood could still save Desperate Dan's season if reverting him back to hurdles. Doesn't look a chaser to me but could be ok in a staying hurdle division that is still fairly weak.

:whistle:

The only way Sherwood could help save DD's career, is if he was to recommend moving the horse to another trainer.

Last edited:
It is quite sad to think what Deputy Dan and Puffin Billy might have achieved if they were with Nicholls. It's surprising he hasn't fcuked up Many Clouds yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm actually amazed Blue Fashion is still available at 20/1. In the context of this field, he remains massively unexposed, and the last two horses to finish ahead of him in a race are More Of That and Faugheen. As profiles go, it's vastly more attractive than almost everything ahead of him in the betting, and I find it bizarre that he isn't pulling in more of the market.

Don't worry the puzzle will be solved when Barry Geraghty put the leg over Beat That:)

It's probably about time to start thinking what's actually going to win the World Hurdle.

With a big doubt about More Of That who would now be a dodgy bet even if he turns up the race looks wide open

Nicky Henderson has 3 entered which is confusing but if all turned up fit and well there's no doubting Beat That would be Barry Geraghty's mount.
He simply won't be getting off him if he is 100% no matter what.

There are a few in there that could win this but the horse that for me will take all the beating is Rock On Ruby.

Those who disagree are going to come away with "Couldn't get the trip in a horse box" etc

I suggest they take a long hard look at his run in the 2m4f Aintree Hurdle when 2nd to The New One

Up there in the front rank he's headed by the New One who's gone 1 1/2 up and by Diakali but when asked to fight back his head goes down and with every stride he's get closer and closer and without a doubt would have beaten The New One with a bit further to go.

He won the Champion Hurdle by slipping them at the top of the hill and from there on in just galloped them into the ground.

His temperament is his best attribute he is a relentless galloper without being a hard puller which makes him a straight forward ride which is a major plus if he is going to get the trip in the World Hurdle.

There's not many jockeys got a better clock in their head than Noel Fehily.

I doubt if they will change tactics on the horse as he's very to settle into a rhythm and not they type who'll waste energy by pulling his jockeys arms out.

He has certainly got the class and the right jockey on him and may just be the right type of horse that can pull off the CH/WH double.

If there's anything to indicate he won't get the extra 1/2 mile it's very well hidden.

All about opinions Tanlic but to my eyes Rock on Ruby looked pretty much at the end of his tether on New Year's Day.

I'd take another look, Tiggers.
ROR doesn't have a gear change, and off the steady early pace, just kept on doing what he does to comfortably see off speedier horses. Much the same on his previous outing too, but with his suspect breathing they were never going to test him too seriously for mickey mouse prizes. Go right back to his Neptune 2nd and you'll see exactly the same trait, beaten for speed rather than stamina, so hardly surprising he's aimed here, and not the CH.

ROR doesn't have a gear change, and off the steady early pace, just kept on doing what he does to comfortably see off speedier horses. Much the same on his previous outing too, but with his suspect breathing they were never going to test him too seriously for mickey mouse prizes. Go right back to his Neptune 2nd and you'll see exactly the same trait, beaten for speed rather than stamina, so hardly surprising he's aimed here, and not the CH.

That 'speed' horse in the Neptune reet was First Lieutenant.

Only soft ground would put me off RoR & think he has a real shout. There's a chance he won't stay (bollox of course:D) but will leave up an in running lay just in case.... He travels so well is sure to go relatively short during the race

Only soft ground would put me off RoR & think he has a real shout. There's a chance he won't stay (bollox of course:D) but will leave up an in running lay just in case.... He travels so well is sure to go relatively short during the race

Have that finger poised. :D

Any opinions on Monksland? Dedigout paid a nice compliment to him yesterday.
I was taken with his jumping in the Galmoy, although not sure how truly run that race was.
His price is what takes my eye at this stage. 16/1 looks very fair.

Don't worry the puzzle will be solved when Barry Geraghty put the leg over Beat That:)

I'll bet you a bottle of Bintang that Gerahty rides Blue Fashion ahead of Beat That.

That's how confident I am.....that you're full of sh*it. :lol:

"Very fair " is the description John o Donoghue used when Sir Clement Freud compared him to the Archangel Gabriel, though Gabriel was not due for reelection !
Paul Carberry seems confident the horse will perform well on good going.
He is in my docket so might be best avoided !

Any opinions on Monksland? Dedigout paid a nice compliment to him yesterday.
I was taken with his jumping in the Galmoy, although not sure how truly run that race was.
His price is what takes my eye at this stage. 16/1 looks very fair.

I have Monksland in speculative ew trixie with Lord Windermere and Arctic Fire.

Before getting injured he was a classy sort, on the rise but not yet tested at the highest level. His comeback run at Leopardstown was very satisfactory after such a long lay-off. He was potential bounce material for the Gowran race given it came less than a month after Christmas and the going was very testing, so I think it was an even better run. There's time now to get him nicely set up for Cheltenham and I expect he'll be suited by the probable going there.

30% of that is over my head edgt :)

One I'm sure Carberry is looking forward to. He must be sick of the sight of Bryan Cooper.

I have Monksland in speculative ew trixie with Lord Windermere and Arctic Fire.

Before getting injured he was a classy sort, on the rise but not yet tested at the highest level. His comeback run at Leopardstown was very satisfactory after such a long lay-off. He was potential bounce material for the Gowran race given it came less than a month after Christmas and the going was very testing, so I think it was an even better run. There's time now to get him nicely set up for Cheltenham and I expect he'll be suited by the probable going there.

Sold!! Cheers Grey.

If More of That misses the race, it looks wide open to me so i'm happy to pin my colours to this fella's mast.
Not a race i'll be getting heavily involved in, so as good a selection as any at a decent price.

I've watched it countless times Reet, and my opinion will not change, I don't think he'll stay.

But the Neptune was against novices, and OW was top drawer and the second that day, Thousand something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back