2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shitty news:

Invasor retired with sesamoid injury
By DRF STAFF
Invasor has been retired with a cracked sesamoid bone in his right hind leg, according to a release issued Saturday night by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.

Invasor, the reigning Horse of the Year, worked five furlongs in company in 59.40 seconds Saturday morning in preparation for next weekend's Suburban Handicap. The Suburban would have been his first start since his victory in the Dubai World Cup on March 31.

Kiaran McLaughlin, the trainer of Invasor, was quoted in the release as saying Invasor's injury was discovered soon after the Saturday workout. McLaughlin won Saturday's Grade 2 New York Handicap at Belmont Park Saturday with Makderah but did not mention Invasor's injury.

"He came back fine from the workout," McLaughlin said. "But when we went to wash his feet, he took a couple of funny steps and we noticed some swelling in his right hind leg. We had him X-rayed shortly thereafter, and that is when the fracture was detected."

Invasor won five straight Grade 1 races after being sent to the Unites States last spring, including the Breeders' Cup Classic in his final start of the season. The World Cup was his lone start this year. He retires with a career record of 11 wins in 12 starts and earnings of more than $7.8 million.

A 5-year-old son of Candy Stripes out of the Interprete mare Quendom, Invasor is owned by Sheikh Hamdan and is scheduled to stand the 2008 breeding season at Shadwell Farm in Lexington, Ky.

High Accolade, hasn't raced since 2005 so I assume he was retired,
Destroyed after breaking down earlier this week

Originally posted by Aldaniti@Jun 29 2007, 04:49 PM
High Accolade, hasn't raced since 2005 so I assume he was retired,
Destroyed after breaking down earlier this week
High Accolade wasn't retired and had returned to training after a serious injury in 2005.

Christine Dunnet's Romantic Gift I understand was put down after breaking her pelvis at Lingfield last Saturday.

Any news yet on the Pipe runner My Immortal, I've had to switch channels here and don't know if he got up in the big race at Uttoxeter. Looked nasty

Thanks Gal that's good news, Fell on his neck and thumped down horribly which even on soft can be dangerous

Everest collapsed and died of a heart attack the other day and one of my fave horses of recent years Be Fair has been retired.

And another, Kety star also died in the same race as Benrajah

Three in total for Market Rasen :(

Kentucky Derby winner Funny Cide has been retired at the age of 7, with earnings of over $3.5m - having won his final start on July 4th.

Found this:

As a gelding, Funny Cide can't be used for breeding. Instead the horse will be used as a stable horse and will accompany racehorses to the track for morning workouts at Sackatoga Stable in Saratoga Springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back