2016 Gold Cuppin

e09ddd46a52d1eadf9fecab06a33f253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think the level of improvement in Smad Place the last twelve months has been superb and I can't help but feel he's got some more in the tank. Not a big bet today though.

If I end up with a free bet on this race, Smad Place will be it. He's the one certainty to run his race.

With the ground riding fast I don't see smad place as much of a threat

WH reckoned "he'd bounce off it".

(I know I would if tried to ride it.)

There's a bit of me just wonders (hopes, maybe) that if Smad Place can get into a rhythm up front but still within his comfort zone (the rest might just let him) he could pick up turning for home and really ask the others a serious question.

Last edited:
With the ground riding fast I don't see smad place as much of a threat

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

the ground yesterday was partly watered .going timed out yesterday at -8 lengths per mile (Good).

it may dry out a little..don't know if it was watered last night or not..said they were going to water to keep it easy side of Good.

its not fast ground imo..i've never recorded fast ground there in the 15 years i've gone back through

turftrax confirms the time indicated going

http://www.turftrax.co.uk/going_maps.html

Last edited:
i've got Djakadam in a nice double with Vautour..thanks to the excellent inside info given by to us by Mullins/Ricci earlier in the week

Last edited:
Cue Card. The class horse with the best recent form, a sound jumper whose breathing issues that were making him look like a non-stayer appear to be sorted, who runs well at the track and has a GC-winning jockey on top. I've gone round in circles overthinking it and have finally given my head a wobble to keep it simple, stupid.

I'll be the first to say I'm wrong after the race and take it on the chin but I've said on here forever that Don Cossack is the most overrated horse in training.small field bully and granted he has got that but there is always some excuse.

I'll be the first to say I'm wrong after the race and take it on the chin but I've said on here forever that Don Cossack is the most overrated horse in training.small field bully and granted he has got that but there is always some excuse.

See that man above your post? That's D. Russell who rode Don Cossack last week ina gallop and said of him "he is the perfect horse and everything you would want in a racehorse" We are talking about a horse who has been there and done it winning 9 from his last 11 group races. If he's over rated it doesn't say much for the rest of them.

ideal race conditions for don cossack...if he doesn't it today then he'll never do it

don Cossack and djakadam to battle it out...wouldn't be surprised if smad place filled the first three

well..i called DC a 180 hoss last year...and let the Djak bandwagon suck me in..now i know he would have won the KG had he stood up..stays forever

thank god CC is ok

that was a brutal race

Last edited:
I'll take a double helping of cream with my humble pie.Did it well.I got it wrong with Don Poli (slowly).gutted for Cue Card Coming there strongly when fell,glad he's ok.

Last edited:
Back