Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Asc Oct 5th, Challenge Cup - I've taken the 10/1 on offer about Lethal Levi after his big win today. I reckon he'll go up at least 10lbs and will have only a 6lbs penalty. Only one bookie (Hills) is pricing the race up, presumably having taken the betting down to reappraise it following today's race, but 6lbs wouldn't have made any difference to LL today and it looks to me like he's suddenly started to improve a lot.

I actually went into his details to see if he was entered for the champions' sprint race since he looked better than a handicapper today but they'd need to supplement him for that.

Surprisingly, LL has only been raised 9lbs. Had he won a neck he'd have been raised at least 3lbs (as a winner of a big race) but he won by three lengths, going away, if anything.

Maybe the handicapper reckoned taking him up to 111 would put him beyond handicaps anyway and saw no point in clobbering him further. He's a 115+ horse in my book and looked better than ever the other day.

I reckon Mr King is a player you know.

A gradual improver for Ger Lyons in Ireland. He finished off racing over there when giving a horse called Barbapapa 4lbs and a length and a half beating. That horse is no mug in his own right, having recently ran well at big odds in a class two at Newcastle. Mr King's had three runs for Iain Jardine over here, with the last run being at Ayr, when a very eye catching third, especially given he was too keen. Only a couple of necks behind Aragon Castle that day. He could be one to thrive under the likely faster pace and kick on again form wise. I think 25s is a fair price at present.

I've had a good look at this race and agree with Euro its just impossible! Toimy son was my idea at 50's but i think he's been tipped up somewhere as he shortend up this afternoon. He's done nothing wrong since stepping back up in trip dotted up in the golden mile. Then would have beat Godwinson next time out if he'd got a clear run. Might well improve again for stepping up in trip. Anyway that aside i too had looked at Mr king but i actually like Jardines other runner better. Paddy the squire. He came back after a long break ran a cracker just behind Theory of everything who went on to win again what looks like a solid race at Ascot. Paddy again ran another cracking little race at Chester. For different reasons i thought he was slightly unlucky both times. I also think he'll be suited better by the test of the Cambridgeshire. He'll also be better at the weights with Theory of Everything whos chance i believe gets better the softer the ground gets.

Think i'd also be crossing my fingers for a highish draw marb after the last few years only 2 horses in a single figure draw have made the first 3 and I think i went back 8 years.

Anyway that other Jardine one is worth a look. Why Toimy boy was such a big price ill never know.

Good luck lads if youre having a spin on the Newmarket Roulette Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
I've had a pound ew on Zozimus100/1

Probably won't get in off this mark but he did last year.2 yrs ago he finished 4th when with Joseph o'brien off 94.
Last year off 85 he finished 14th but he wasn't beaten far after having to switch.
And of course its one of O'Meara's.

Im happy with the 33/1 i put Bopedro up at in an earlier post and just hope he gets a high draw.

Back