Arc 2010

Has a decent enough profile Moe - he's been dropped in trip this year as he was campaigned as a stayer in 2009, travelling very well in the Cadran before not getting home. Beaten just a 1 1/2 lengths by Plumania and Youmzain at Saint-Cloud - think he's a definite player providing he doesn't set a suicidal pace (or better still sits in behind the pacemaker).

Fame And Glory will not have an opportunity like this again,
he needs to repeat the coronation Cup form to win this.

Now that Dixie Music hasn’t made it in I’m not quite sure what they’ll do. Either Midas Touch will make the pace for Fame, or Cape Blanco will try to do what he did in Ireland leaving Midas Touch to run his own race. Either way, whether it rains any more or stops now there is only one winner for me. Fame And Glory is cracking good colt, with conditions to suit and at a great price.

I too don't believe missing the Irish race will have done him any harm at all. It may even turn out to be an advantage. (Nevertheless some will naturally worry that there is a more sinister reason for him missing it.)

The horse has looked very well to me this season and looks to be approaching his peak and even a reproduction of the Coronation Cup should see him there or therabouts.

In relation to missing the Irish Champion and his overall fitness I stand by what I said last month (above).

If you can't back Fame at these prices then you can't back him... he's looking irresistible to me.

Last edited:
Ground is sodden and cutting up badly. Having said that the jockeys are not coming back covered and if it doesn't rain much it should be soft ground.

I really think WORKFORCE will act on this ground - but he has the break to overcome..but maybe he has needed that break

Looking at his pedigree from the RP

3rd foal, half-brother to 2m hurdle winner Extreme Impact, and to a 7f winner in Greece; dam unraced sister to Racing Post Trophy & St Leger winner Brian Boru & half-sister to French 12.5f Group 2 winner Moon Search, out of Park Hill winner Eva Luna

all those mentioned won on on very slow ground...it could be the case that we haven't actually seen the best of Workforce and that he has achieved what he has on ground that hasn't played to his strengths..it could also explain his need for recuperation from those efforts..IF he doesn't really relish fast ground then his run in the KG can be forgotten..feeling the effects of the Derby etc.

what price would WF be without that KG run?

I can see a 100% WF winning this with something in hand..if it has been fast ground that has blighted his season...so in a year where nothing at all stands out...he could take this comfy

of course..i could be wrong..but i'll take me chance :)

£100000000000 win WORKFORCE :)

I agree, I can't alter my position really and I'm strong on the two French three year olds and Cape Blanco.

A friend of mine has a theory that horses who break course records very regularly "bounce" and run poor races next time out then get back on track in their next run. Yaa Wayl was a recent example of this yesterday, albeit not winning.

As I've already said, at a big price, Victoire Pisa is interesting, he ran a lovely trial in the Niel and looked like he needed it. He's ran well on yielding ground in Japan and at 50/1, is worth a small EW poke.

The RP has the ground as Soft yesterday, with the sun on it today I suspect it'll be Good to Soft come the off.

I agree, I can't alter my position really and I'm strong on the two French three year olds and Cape Blanco.

A friend of mine has a theory that horses who break course records very regularly "bounce" and run poor races next time out then get back on track in their next run. Yaa Wayl was a recent example of this yesterday, albeit not winning.

As I've already said, at a big price, Victoire Pisa is interesting, he ran a lovely trial in the Niel and looked like he needed it. He's ran well on yielding ground in Japan and at 50/1, is worth a small EW poke.

The RP has the ground as Soft yesterday, with the sun on it today I suspect it'll be Good to Soft come the off.

I think anything soft side will play to WF's strengths..its not an ideal prep he has had..but..he could be an exceptional horse that hasn't had his ideal conditions.

Its still of interest that Moore preferred him in the KG..which is quite telling..it also says he was totally wrong there..and the ground issue in the Derby is high on the list of reasons why.

If it does transpire that the he won the Derby despite the conditions..he must be some animal.

I wonder what the record of 3yo's is like just when the ground is slow in the Arc..does wfa help because its easier to carry less weight in testing conditions?

On decent ground wfa should equal the ages together..but when the physical burden is added to testing ground..does it make it harder for the older horse?..just thinking out loud on this

Last edited:
I'm strong on Fame and Glory and Planteur with cover on Bekhabad and just in case Workforce is a wonder horse I've put him in a sneaky double with Long Run for the King George.

I seem to remember someone connected with Workforce saying after his Derby victory that the horse would be better with some cut in the ground. Backed him at 9's a couple of weeks ago, and quite happy with that.

My problem with workforce is whether the last race (or maybe the derby) soured him a little. Also stable vibes havent been that great I feel. Rather it all wasnt so touch and go. On other hand he looked like a horse who may prefer soft and couldnt be in better hands to recover froma break. Would be great to see him win though

No winner would leave me happier than Youmzain but i sense hes not quite at his best now

Im sticking to the favourite though. Out to 9.2 for some reason, but perfect profile

I think there was a coming together on the final bend. One of the Aga Khan's runners nearly gets brought down. Don't think the winner at fault for anything there.

I really hope they keep him in training. Easy to forget how very inexperienced he is (has any arc winner had less runs?)

Thought this thread would be busy

Back